Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

The Best of the Best

-EMMETT CULLEN-

“Come on, catch up already will you?”

“I’m coming!” I trailed behind Vierra unable to catch up. For a girl who’s been knocked out for the past couple of days she sure does bounce back awfully quickly.

“I beat you in a race, an arm wrestle, what’s next? A food-eating contest?” She looked pretty smug right now.

“You think you beat me you pint-sized pipsqueak?”

“Hey Emmett,” She sped up running way ahead of me, “I don’t think you’re doing so well,”

“You have 14 years on me!” That was a bad excuse.

“You were human longer. You ate plenty of that dirt, I’m sure of it!” She retaliated.

“Alright, you’re on,” That was the last straw, “Bella!”

She rushed in like a slave looking slightly scared, “What do we have to eat around here?”

Vierra was sorting through the pantries, which were mostly empty looking for anything to eat. Bella looked confused and the flushed, “I don’t think I know anything about food…”

“We’re not talking about blood. Where’s the stuff humans like? What is that… chocolate, butter, and fat?” Vierra had her face inside a cabinet. I bet I could push her in there and lock it up, “Don’t do it Emmett,”

Never mind…

“Well, I mean we could go grocery shopping…” Bella offered.

“Okay let’s go,” Vierra was already walking out the doorway, “I’m driving,”

She ushered us all into the car and got in herself speeding off before realizing she didn’t actually know where the supermarket was. Neither did I… that’s why we brought Bella. She directed us to the supermarket, and Vierra got us there in record time.

“Alright, so what do you suggest we get?” I asked Bella when some blond kid came up to us.

“Hey Bella, what’s up?” He smiled.

“Oh hi Mike, I haven’t seen you in a while. I’m doing good, you?”

They were having some conversation about very human topics, very boring if you ask me, “I’m going to go help out Vierra,”

“I’m already done Emmett,” Vierra said walking up behind Bella looking at the back of Mike’s head, “Michael Newton,”

“Vierra Elisabeth Rose!” He suddenly turned from Bella. She looked thankful I guess Vierra saved her.

“I’d love to stay and talk,” She said smoothly sounding quite genuinely,” But we must be on our way,”

“Oh it’s okay, I’ll see you later,”

We proceeded to the counter to pay. I’d never actually been grocery shopping, maybe once or twice in my whole life but not anytime recently. It was weird. I wonder what I would be like if I were a teenager in this day and age. I’d probably still be just as cool and good-looking.

When we got into the house we had Bella cook all the hotdogs. I was a fan of the Coney Island Nathan’s hotdog contest and we figured it be a good thing tot try out. How many hotdogs could we down? I bet I could take down Joey Chestnut in a heartbeat.

…Or maybe I was wrong. 10 hotdogs later, “Ugh, this stuff is disgusting, how do you eat this garbage?”

…And of course, “Hah that was my 37!”

I guess Vierra always wins.