Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Never Know

-BELLA SWAN-

I knew it was going to happen but hearing the words was earth shattering. Edward says it’s usually different. She usually slips out into the darkness of the night and they wait for her next arrival. I guess I should be thankful I get to know in advance.

Tonight at midnight they would leave unnoticed but everything would change once they were gone. Demitri had received a phone call from Aro requesting his arrival at once, and of course, Vierra would go along with him. It’s what you did for love. If Edward were to suddenly be whisked away to Italy, I would go after him… I did go after him.

Nobody had broken the news to Jacob yet. Nobody has the heart except for Vierra herself, and she’d be doing it unwillingly. Leaving Jacob wouldn’t be gut wrenching for her, just something she would have to do, do it, get over it, and move on. Jacob wouldn’t take this well; perhaps it’d be best if he knew after she was gone, when it was too late.

I guess there’s nothing that actually constitutes it being too late, it’s never actually too late, right? I’d like to believe that anything is possible, but that’s not true. You can hope and dream all you want and in the end everything will remain unchanged. Vierra once told me she doesn’t have standards, that way she’s never disappointed. I know she has standards though, secretly, we all do.

Vierra’s told me some very strange things actually. “We’re all really just a bunch of compulsive liars Bella. Deep down we all are, you and me included whether we agree or not,” She said it with a haunting smile, “Believe me, I’m lying,”

“Bella, you can go to sleep you know,” My eyelids felt heavy the very second Edward said that. Vampires didn’t sleep, they couldn’t. I forgot that sometimes.

It was just rounding eleven o’clock and I felt like I had been up for hours. I suppose I had been though. Ever since Demitri quickly and rather softly mentioned he’d be leaving and intended to take Vierra with him I couldn’t sleep.

“I’ll still be here when you wake up,” Edward may be here, but Vierra wouldn’t. He knew that too but slung his arm around me causing my head to lie on his broad shoulder.

When I woke up I heard the faint sounds of birds chirping and the sun slightly shined on my face. Edwards hard chest was motionless, it seemed as if he’d been staring at something for the whole night, like a deer caught in headlights.

He just whispered it quietly, but it sounded loud and defiant echoing in my head repetitiously, “She’s gone,”

That’s when it hit me and I came back to reality from my perfect dreamland. It’s like when someone goes through traumatic stress and they don’t really process what has happened until it dawns on them after it’s all over.

I faintly remember her soft whisper caressing my ear, “Isabella Swan, we’ll meet again someday…”

We sat together in silence when suddenly the doorbell rang. Edward got up to open the door and I could hear the heavy footsteps of someone else. Someone I was loathing to see…

“Bella,” Edward whispered, “ Jacob is here,”

“Hey Bella,” He ran over to sit down next to me with the biggest smile on his face. I felt like I was going to start crying, “Whoa, did you two get into a fight or something? Anyway, where’s Vierra? She’s more fun than both of you combined at the moment,”

He had the puppy dog look; the kind people have when they’re in love. Edward looked at me and I knew what I had to do, “Jake, she left,”

“When’s she coming back?” He asked as if she had just gone to the store to pick up some milk.

“I don’t know…” And then he understood. At first I thought he might transform in the middle of the Cullen’s living room. He started shaking, but I was sadly mistaken. He walked over to the couch with his head down and then I noticed, Jacob Black was crying.

Edward came down and sat on the other side of Jacob. We all looked at each other. If Edward could cry he would, and that’s when it hit me. We would get through this, but what would happen when she came back? The same thing…

Looking at the two men I’d do anything for I finally realized… Jacob would never love me like he loved Vierra, not then, not now, and not ever. Luckily, I did have Edward, but I would never be able to know Edward like Vierra. I’d never find a way to comprehend all the trivial information from a hundred years the same as her… While at the same time I realized, she’d never be loved the same way Edward loved me.

Though she’d never really know how much the three of us missed her and yearned for her to come back. I guess life is just about never knowing… What a reassuring thought.