Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Found

-JACOB BLACK-

“My son Jasper will teach everyone how to kill a new born properly. I am sure you guys will be able to find a way to make these techniques useful to you,” Carlisle explained.

Of course we could. Bloodsucker thinks we’re dumb or something.

“Okay, so some basics. Always be alert,” No duh, why wouldn’t you be? “Make sure they don’t get their arms around you, that can be fatal. They’re blood hungry and are not conscious of what they’re doing,”

All of the sudden he was cut off by a loud, piercing howl. Everyone in the pack perked up their ears all-straightening, trying to figure out where the sounds had come from. Two arms shot out of a bush by Jasper and grabbed him around the neck.

Suddenly Jasper was lifted off the ground and thrown across the clearing right into a tree that fell over on impact. There was a blur of bright blond hair and another loud crack. Jasper had been thrown back to his original position. He flipped backward skidding to a stop landing on all fours.

I looked up and the rest of the Cullens looked like they didn’t plan on making any movement to stop whatever was attacking Jasper. Bella looked frightened and I rushed over to her side. If that bloodsucker Edward wouldn’t protect her, I would.

“Someone help Jasper!” Bella screamed. Jasper leaped at the figure while it ran off, him landing on the forest floor, “Jasper! Are you okay?”

“Yea, I’m fine. Where’d she go?” Jasper turned around looking for whatever just attacked him. Wait, she…? Is he psychotic?

There was another howl and the pack got ready for another attack. We’d take down whatever this thing was.

“Please, step down,” Carlisle said, “Let them take care of it”

What was going on here? Shouldn’t he be worried his son was just attacked by some unknown force?

And then it was there it was again, but this time it went for Emmett. It took him for behind pushing him to the center of the clearing and threw him back and forth. If you blinked you’d miss it. But then, in the blink of an eye, it was gone again.

“Alright that’s it,” Emmett growled, “Where are you?”

There was a rustling in the bushes and this time it went after Edward.

“No! Edward!” Bella screamed.

Why weren’t we doing anything? I couldn’t take it anymore. Before I could even realize I had pounced. With my mouth wide open and my canines growing sharp I grabbed hold onto it pulling it off Edward tossing it to the left right through the growth.

“That’s quiet enough,” Carlisle said authoritatively, “I will not take anymore of this. Don’t hurt her or you will be breaking the treaty,”

What? Sam stood up clearly confused.

Howling, there was more howling.

“Where’d she go?” Emmett asked looking around.

“Find her before she leave,” Edward commanded and Jasper and Emmet ran off into the woods opposite ways.

About a minute later Jasper came back empty handed just like Emmett a few seconds after. Who were they talking about?

“Come on, where could she be?” Emmett was clearly mad. Jasper looked aggravated, and Edward was upset.

They’d given up until there was one more howl. Each one of them ran off. The chase was on and I wasn’t going to miss out. I ran straight into the woods looking for whatever it was. It…

…It found me…