Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Part of the Family

-FRED-

I had heard she was beautiful, but nothing could prepare me for this. I’d never seen anyone with such sheer poise and grace. Vierra was absolutely, breathtakingly stunning.

I felt my shield completely vanish as I got lost looking at her, “The Princess, I guess that’s my alias,” She kept looking at me, analyzing, “Hey Edward, get out here,”

The door to the SUV quickly opened and a guy with a pale completion and honey colored hair stepped out deciding to then take his time. He walked over slowly one foot infront of the other in a perfect line with a stoic expression. I watched his feet as they came together a few feet from my own. My gaze traveled up his body till I was left staring at his eyes.

“Edward Cullen. You must be Fred,” He stuck out his hand; I took it sill looking at him as we began to shake.

“How do you know who I am?”

Vierra took a snuck a quick glimpse at Edward before adverting her gaze back to me, “They tried to save her. When Riley and Victoria came with the army. Carlisle did his best, but the Volturi wouldn’t back down. Before they killed her she told Edward about you. Her final request was that we treat you well,” Suddenly Vierra took a step back suddenly propelling herself into a backflip across the field, “So that’s what we’re going to do Fred, starting with family baseball,”

The rest of the people got out of the cars as the big one started to unload his Jeep.

“Alright teams,” The blond guy said, “Rose, Jasper, and I will take Fred against Alice, Emmett, Edward, and Vierra,”

The same blond guy came walking towards me and put a hand on my shoulder while putting his other hand out for me to take, “It’s nice to meet you Fred, I’m Carlisle Cullen,”

He then led me towards the rest of my family, “That’s my wife Esme and these are my adopted children. Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett, and you have already met Edward and Vierra,”

“Come on people, lets get this show on the road,” Emmett yelled at us. Edward, Vierra, and and Alice walked over to him.

“Shut up idiot, we have to wait for the storm to start, you know that,” Vierra hit him on the back of his head. I’d never heard of vampires playing baseball. I watched in amazement and Emmett begame to set up the bases. From the looks of the land it seemed like they had played here many times before.

Alice was looking up at the sky in observation, “Alright, it’s time,” and then there was a loud crack of thunder.

Alice was standing on the pitchers mound while Emmett and Edward ran out to the outfield. Vierra stayed in the infield orbiting second base. Rosalie went up to bat first. Alice threw a fast pitch that Rosalie hit right back. As soon as the ball went flying Edward went running for it and caught it in midair. Jasper ended up getting to second base and when Carlisle went, Emmett and Edward ended up running into each other in attempt to catch it.

Finally it was my turn to go. I didn’t think I would hit it, but to my surprise the bat connected with the ball and sent it hurtling through the hair into the trees. I saw Vierra run off into the woods as I was passing first base. As I rounded third base I saw the same baseball shoot through the trees towards were Esme crouched at home plate. I sped up leaping for home and looked up to see Esme with the ball in her hand.

“Safe,” Esme smiled at me.

Carlisle came over and patted me on the back, “Good job boy,”

I could get used to this.