Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

In Deep

-JACOB BLACK-

I watched as the new blond guy walked around, a repulsing smell wafting in the air. I watched him walk upstairs and make a right in the direction of the bedrooms. Who was this guy?

“That Jacob is Fred,” The leech was reading my mind again. Edward looked in the other direction like nothing had happened and he wasn’t secretly probing through my mind.

“Fred…?” I said aloud trying out the name, “Freaky.”

Edward was such a strange person. He stood by the window looking out into the forest smirking as if he heard the most hilarious thing in the world. I’m absolutely positive there’s nothing laugh worthy going on in my head.

“Fred, get back here!” My head snapped back at the familiar voice. I’d longed to here that voice. I looked around frantically to try and found out where she was. Fred quickly ran down the stairs being chased by Vierra who leapt over the banister, “Fred, get back here!”

I jumped up from the couch and Edward tensed up lik a secret was let out. How long had she been here without me knowing? How long did they think they could keep me in the dark? I took off after Vierra who was following Fred out of the house.

Fred ran straight into the woods and we followed. I almost caught up to Vierra when a wave of nausea hit me. I staggered trying to regain my composure. I slowly walked through the trees when I spotted Fred high in a tree with Vierra a few branches away.

I faintly heard Fred talk in a hushed tone, “I don’t trust him,”

“That’s fine,” Vierra looked in my direction her eyes flicking straight at me. She knew I was there, “You don’t have to deal with him,”

They were silent gazing out into the distance. Fred turned to look at Vierra, “I think it’s time for me to go. I appreciate everything your family has done for me, but I don’t belong here. I had made a goal to travel the world and I intend to do that,”

Vierra smiled softly, how beautiful, “I’m sure we’ll see eachother again Fred. I’m glad Bree told us about you,”

“I’m glad I found you too,” She pulled him in for a hug and a match was lit in the pit of my stomach. How I wished it were I, but it was too sentimental of a moment to interfer. Soon he would be gone and I’d be the only one left for Vierra to come to, “I’m not a fan of goodbyes so I’ll be taking my leave now. I want you to tell your family how greateful I am,”

“I definitely will Fred. Take care of yourself. Stay away from strangers!” Fred stood up laughing and jumped to a branch turning around to take a look at Vierra and waved turning back around.

As he skipped away on the treebranches he said one final thing, “I’ll see you again Jacob Black,”

Vierra stood up with her eyes closed letting the wind hit her face. She looked peaceful and turned her face to me with her eyes still closed. Slowly they opened revealing her almost black eyes with a twinkle of gold, “Let’s go home Jacob,”

She walked off the branch falling straight down and landing gracefully on the grass. A small fox crossed Vierra’s path and she stared at it hungrily. She shook her head snapping herself out of it and placed her focus back on me.

We walked out of the woods and back to the house her eyes continually growing darker and darker. I didn’t know what to do. She should go out and feed and take care of herself, but isn’t that what I was supposed to prevent? It was a choice between love and morals.

“Vierra…” I said quietly knowing she could hear me perfectly well, “Please, go take care of yourself. Go feed,”

She nodded her head no and closed her eyes rubbing her temples trying to focus herself, “It’s better for both of us if you just go,”

She didn’t look good at all. I don’t know how it got to this point either, me trying to talk her into going and feeding. How could Edward let it get to this? Had she been starving herself on purpose?

“Please just go,” It must of come out as a whimper because she looked up at me in pain and nodded in reluctance and ran off into the woods faster than my eyes could follow.

I was in deep. Too deep for my own good and I couldn't bring myself to back out now.