Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

A Dive Into the Deep End

VIERRA ELIZABETH ROSE-

“It’s sickening,” I muttered as I sat glumly on the couch next to the one person who always truly understood me whether he really wanted to or not…

“I know, I can feel it coming from you like a homing missile,”

“I think you’re overreacting,” I said in a matter of fact tone, “That’s a second hand account, I’m the one who’s getting it up close and personal,”

“Good thing, as long as it’s not me,” Emmett ran in jumping over the back of the couch and landing in a perfectly sitting position, “Hey did you see how upset wolf boy was?”

“Who cares?” Rosalie’s stilettos could be heard hitting the hard marble floor, “It’s just a mutt,”

“Jacob’s out friend,” Alice put her two cents in entering the room right after Rosalie.

“Oh here we go,” I groaned putting my face into a nearby decorative pillow.

“Again?” Jasper’s face contorted into pure horror, “I can’t do this again,” He too grabbed a pillow. We sat side-by-side trying to control our over the top emotions.

All of the sudden Emmett started laughing out loud. What a headache his laugh could cause, “They look like idiots!”

“Vierra, Jasper,” Esme called from the library, “Don’t ruin my pillows!”

I put it down gently composing myself, “It’s over, I’m okay,”

“And what about me? Aren’t you going to make sure the poor victim is okay?” Jasper asked with a straight face. What a guy.

“Don’t worry Jasp,” I said patting him on the back, “You’re perfectly fine. You got your health, your vampirism, me… What more could possibly ever ask for?”

“I could think of a few things,” Emmett smirked as Rosalie punched him in the arm muttering pig.

“Oh my god,” Everyone turned to look at Alice. She convulsed her body rapidly jerking a little bit before shuttering and settling down, “You have to go help him,”

I jumped up ready to spring into action, “Vierra, its Jacob,”

I ran out the door and down the street forgetting to put on shoes. There wasn’t time for shoes in an emergency like this. I headed straight towards La Push hoping I was taking the shortest route right through the woods.

My hair blew wildly behind me. My feet squished through the mud as I jumped over a tree branch almost slipping as I skidded before running again. I felt my inner wolf come out as my body transformed realizing four legs were much faster than two.

I was almost there; I could smell his authoritative scent from miles away. His masculine aroma smelt of pine trees and the great outdoors, heavenly. With my acute sight I saw him standing there staring down at his doom below. I morphed back stopping screaming out before he took the plunge to end his life, “Jacob stop!”

He turned around quickly, “Vierra?”

“You can’t jump,” I blurted out quickly.

“What do you mean I can’t jump?” Jacob looked confused as he gazed at the sea and back to me, “You’ve seen me jump before, it’s fine,”

“Jacob, this won’t solve anything.”

“Are you okay Vierra?” He asked walking towards me away from the edge, good, “And where are your shoes?”

“I don’t know anymore,” I collapsed onto the grass, “First I see Edward and Bella on their honeymoon and then I’m in pain and then all of the sudden Alice is screaming you’re in trouble. Before I knew it I’m here begging you not to jump,”

“Trouble?” He smirked.

“She said you were going to jump off a cliff,” I couldn’t take this. Why did he look so smug, “I rushed down her to make sure you didn’t do anything rash,”

“Like jumping off a cliff?”

Now I was mad, “Why were you even going to jump off a cliff? To think the boy I’m in love with is going to jump off a cliff and end his life, unbelievable!”

“First, I was just going cliff diving. I wanted to clear my mind for a little bit,” And then he got this really stupid grin on his face, “Did you say you’re in love with me?”

“What?” I sputtered bewildered, “Of course not. Besides what idiot jumps off a cliff to clear their mind? That sounds more mental than anything,”

“I think you did,” He was sure in for it…

I was about to hook him in the jaw when it came back… The mental pictures that were way too vivid for my small mind. My body erupted in pain, “Vierra!”