Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Not Then, Not Now, Not Ever

-JACOB BLACK-

So here I am. I walk into the Cullen’s house, which is a rather arduous task in itself, and all of the sudden I’m being harassed by this prepossessing girl. And to top that off, this girl knows my name. It’s quite mysterious if you ask me.

“Uhh…” That’s the best I can do…?

“I remember, you passed out. You’re rather heavy you know. I had to carry you all the way back to the clearing,” I watched as her ruby eyes scanned me over as if with every new inch she covered another memory surfaced.

Sam had been talking to the pack about some girl in the clearing. He said she was bewitching, brooding eyes and an engaging smile. Everything about her said stay away while all you could do is try and get closer. That is if you were ever lucky enough.

“You must be the foreign visitor. The one who decided to stop in on our gathering,” The one I chased after…

Speaking of chasing. Everything about her screamed not to be pulled in and I was baited. I took off as fast as I could when I saw her leaving. Something in me just couldn’t let her go. Not then, not now, not ever…

What am I talking about? Of course if she wants to go walk out the door and down the street she can be my guest. I am not going to stop her. It’s not like it’s my position to look after her.

Though it is my duty to look after the good people of Forks…. The good people of Forks? What am I talking about? For all I know she’s from… I don’t know, just definitely not Forks meaning I have no responsibilities to look after her at all.

“I suppose that was me,” She smiled wickedly. I wanted to know more about her. Anything, everything…

“Come on Jake,” Bella got up and walked over to me taking my hand, “Let’s get out of here,”

I reluctantly let her pull me out the front door and right to my car. There was a thunderous sound; I turned around as quickly as I could. Two figures were hastily hurtling up the mountain.

I opened Bella’s door and then walked around to get into the drivers side. I started the ignition and started to reverse when I asked Bella, “What do you know about that girl?”

Bella’s face clearly showed repugnance towards her, “Besides her name being Vierra Elizabeth Rose, really nothing. I do know that she has no respect for the pack,”

“Why did she say something?” Asked curiously. Normally I would already be mad, actually shaking with anger, but I couldn’t bring myself to get overworked over such a trivial matter involving Vierra.

“More like what didn’t she say,” She scoffed.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel hurt, “Oh…”

“She and Rosalie were talking about how Seth would make the perfect dog,” Now I was angry.

Seth? Seth over me? Seth was just a little boy! He didn’t know anything about anything. Something could hit him square in the face and he still wouldn’t know what hit him. I mean really, Seth?

“Jacob, calm down,” Bella touched my shoulder causing me to flinch, “I know Seth is like a little brother to you. I was upset that they were talking about him that way too,”

…I hadn’t even thought about that aspect.