Status: Active. For Kelsey winner of my Contest! :D

People Change, so Does the Heart

Un.

I sighed contently as I gazed out the kitchen window, watching as the snowed fell softly outside my dingy apartment. My attention was brought to my task by a soft little cough. I smiled down at my son as he sat in his high chair, flinging cheerios everywhere. I stumbled over to the counter and grabbed a napkin, as he reluctantly let me wipe his nose.

“Someone’s getting a bit of a cold, aren’t we love?” he raised his big hazel eyes to my and smiled his toothless smile, that wasn’t going to remain so for much longer. He giggled and the sneezed, sending snot back out of his nose. I gagged and wiped his nose again. “You are so a boy.” I mumbled.

I glanced at the time, realizing I was going to be late for work if we didn’t get going. I slid Nate out of his high chair and snapped off his bib, setting him on the floor. I tossed his high chair tray into the sink and grabbed his baby bag and my purse. I swooped Nate into my arms, making him giggle maniacally, and grabbed my car keys.

Once I locked the door and climbed down the stairs I finally had got to my car. I shivered and pulled Nate’s little jacket closer to him as I unlocked the car. I set my purse and the baby bag next to Nate and swiftly buckled him into his car-seat, handing him his stuffed bear Oappie. He giggled and beat it against the head rest of my seat. I laughed and closed his door getting into the drivers seat.

As I watched the road I began to wonder if our lives, mainly my son’s, would get better. Granted, we had each other, and he seemed perfectly happy, but would he be that way for long? I have a crappy job that barley gets us by, we live in a crappy apartment, and most of our clothes and his toys are from other people that I either got for free or paid very little for. I want us to have the things we should. Like, good toys, a car that doesn’t break every other week, and love…..yeah I could do with a little more of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
the first (very short) chapter of my new Mikey Way story I am writing for my contset winner, Kelsey!! a.k.a HannahHatesMontana :D

<3Payton