Forever Yours

Excitement and Passion

I knew that the first thing that I had to do was call a family meeting with my mom and my sister. I knew I couldn’t let any time pass before telling them or else there would be some hell to play. So, I asked them to lunch at the same sushi place that we ate at when I got back into town.
“So what’s the occasion?” Jenna asked. “We only come here when there’s something to tell that’s important.”
“Okay, I was going to wait until dessert to tell you guys, but I guess I can tell you know,” I said. “Okay, brace yourselves.”
“Gosh, what is it?” asked my mom.
“Zack and I are getting married.”
A look of shock and excitement came over both my mom and Jenna. Then they let out shrieks of happiness. Jenna who was right next to me wrapped her arms around me.
“Oh my God, Rain this is so fantastic!!! Oh, I gotta throw your bachelor party.”
“No please. No crazy parties. I want this to be small.”
“Have you planned anything yet?” asked my mom.
“No, this just happened a few days ago at dinner with Zack’s parents. He just asked out of nowhere. I just…I couldn’t say no.”
“No, of course you couldn’t say no,” said Jenna.
“You and Zack belong together and this is just going to be the cherry on top of your relationship.”
“Thanks you guys for your support.”
The rest of the dinner was full of wedding questions—questions that I had no idea how to answer. I had no idea how I wanted this wedding to go. Besides, Zack and I have to plan this together. It has to be a wedding that the both of us want.

• • •

When I got back to the apartment, Gabe was there with Zack. Zack was making drinks in the kitchen and Gabe was sitting on the loveseat.
“Hey Gabe,” I said, pleasantly surprised.
“Hey, Rain. Zack just told me the good news. Congratulations.”
“Thank you,” I said with a smile. I went into the kitchen. Zack grabbed me by the waist, pulled me into him and gave me a kiss.
“Hey sexy,” he said with a smile.
“Get a room you two,” laughed Gabe from the couch.
Zack and I started to laugh while we were still in our kiss.
“What d’you want to drink?” Zack asked.
“I think I’ll just get a soda,” I said.
Zack took the mixed drinks and walked over to Gabe and handed him his. I grabbed a soda and when I got to the living room, Zack was sitting on the couch. I saw next to him and he put his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek.
“It’s like you guys never broke up,” said Gabe. “Was it easy to just pick up where you left off?”
I smiled. “I wouldn’t say easy.”
“It was quite a journey, but it was definitely worth it.”
“How are you and…”
“Scott,” said Gabe. “We’re doing great.”
“That’s good. We should all go out some time,” I said.
“Yeah, that would be great, no?” Zack asked.
“I don’t know. Don’t you think that would be kind of awkward?” Gabe asked.
“Why, because you’re my ex?” I asked.
“Yes…”
“It doesn’t have to be awkward unless you make it awkward,” I said. “You don’t think that I think it’s awkward that you and Zack are friends now?”
“Come on, Gabe, it’ll at least be entertaining,” said Zack.
Gabe smiled, “Okay, I’ll tell Scott, but if this night turns into a disaster, I’m holding the both of you responsible.” Gabe shook his head. “Anyway, I have to leave. I’m meeting Scott in twenty.”
When Gabe left, Zack and I went back to the couch and I couldn’t stop smiling while he just pecked at my neck.
“Zack, what’re you doing? It’s the middle of the day…”
“Yeah, but it’s the weekend. Lighten up…” He kept pecking and pecking and I started to give into the feeling I get when I feel his lips on me.
“Zack, wait,” I said, pushing him away.
“What is it?”
“We have to talk about the wedding.”
“Right now?” he whined.
“Yes right now,” I answered. “A wedding is a lot of planning. We need to start now.”
“Well, I don’t know anything about planning a wedding.”
“Well let’s start with the basics. What about a date?”
“Well, it’s almost fall. Do you want an October wedding?”
“No,” I said. “That’s too soon. How about March?”
“How about August 10th?”
“Where’d you get that date from?” I asked.
“It’s the day we met.”
I got a tingly feeling all over my body and I knew that I was blushing. I spotted Zack blushing as well.
“I can’t believe you remember something like that. I didn’t even remember that.”
“How can I forget the day that changed my life forever?”
Not that I wasn’t 100 percent sure that Zack was the right guy for me, but at that moment, I knew that I he was. Everything about him was perfect to me. Even his flaws, and let’s face it, he has a lot of them; even they were perfect.
Also at that moment, I couldn’t do anything but make love to him. Going to the bedroom, he did something he’s never done before. While I was kissing him on the couch, he picked up and wrapped my legs around his waist. I was so turned on that I’m pretty sure I got hard right then and there.
I kept kissing his neck as he walked us over to the bedroom. When we got there, he threw me down onto the bed. Before he joined me, he pulled his t-shirt over his head. I took mine off as well and we threw our t-shirts onto the ground.
He crawled onto the bed and kissed his way up to eye level with me. When he got to my mouth, he just pecked me. He paused for one second and stared into my eyes. He smiled and I smiled back.
“I love you,” he said softly before pressing his lips against mine for a good five seconds. He started at me again. “I love you so much.”
“I love you, too…future husband.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please =)