Overnight Sensation

01

“You’re working tonight?!”, Rachel asked in disbelief as I walked into the club from the back door. I opened my sunnies and smiled past her as I made my way to the lockers. “Sash, you haven’t answer me!”

“Yes, I am, Rae. I have to.”

“But Queen understood about your situation right now.”

I slammed my locker shut and looked at my own best friend. “What situation?”

“About Nat leaving you, when you guys already engaged!”

When I heard someone saying his name, it was like, someone pour a cup of salt into an open wound on my body. It had been three weeks since my fiancé left me with no explanation, just three words ‘there’s someone else’.

Since then, I locked myself inside my beach house, and I knew my boss understood and gave me three months break, but I need money to live on.

“Shut up, Rachel.”, I muttered and wiped a tear that appeared on the corner of my eyes.

“I’m sorry, Sash.”, she whispered as she pulled me into a hug.

“Sasha?!”, someone gasped on the doorway.

Rachel and I pulled away and saw our boss, Queen, with a big smile plastered on her face. “Are you okay? You know you still have a lot of time to get your mind off…”

“No, it’s fine. probably working could help.”

“Okay, your station awaits you.”

I nodded and took a deep breath. I worked as a DJ in the hottest club in Hawaii. The only reason I moved here was because of Nat. he asked me to move with him, and I agreed. Three months after we got engaged, he left me.

The dimmed hallway felt quieter than before, something really rare in this place. Waitress and waiters walked past through me, with their eyes glued on yours truly. The news had passed from one ear to another, and now, the whole club knew.

Sandy, the DJ who filled in on my absence, cut the music and wrapped up her things. I smiled as I waited and she gave me a high five before I stepped into the station. My fingers traced the turntable and the buttons. It felt like home.

I quickly put on my headphones and re-start the music. My eyes were closed and I counted my heartbeat. One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

When I opened my eyes, I looked up to the glass roof of the club. There was a star, shined real bright. I always wished to the star that I could move on, and I have the strength to do it.

My sight fell from the star to the whole club. There was a pack of guys who just walked in. the two in the front kept goofing off, and the tall, lanky one, pulled his friend onto the dance floor.

When I was done with my shift, I rushed down the station and met Rachel near the bar. “Sash!”

“What?”
She looped her arm with mine and pulled me to the staff bathroom. “There are some cute guys from the mainland.”

“Rachel.”, I whined, knowing her plan.

“Seriously, Sash. You need to get over Nat.”

“It’s only been three weeks.”

“And three weeks are long enough.”

“No, its not.”

Rachel rolled her eyes and quickly pulled me out from the bathroom. The music thumped and echoed onto the walls, into my ear lobes. People were throwing their self onto each other. When we pushed our way through the crowd, I accidentally let Rachel’s hand go.

I turned around but I walked onto someone. “Sorry!”, I squeaked when I saw a water mark on his shirt. “I’m really sorry!”

“No, it’s okay.”, he muttered as he tried to clean up the stain.

“Here, let me help you.”, I pulled him to the edge of the dance floor and gave him a cloth that I borrowed from the bar. “This’ll help a bit.”

“Thanks.”, he smiled and took the cloth. I eyed him when he was scrubbing the cloth onto his shirt. He had really dark brown hair, his greenish eyes were concentrating on the stain, and I swore when I touched his hands, my heart completely fluttered.

“Here you go.”, he handed me the cloth, making me snapped out from my own thoughts. “Thanks. Again.”

I nodded and gave the bartender the cloth back. “No problem.”

“You’re the DJ, right?”, he asked.

“Yeah. And, if you don’t mind I’m asking, what did you do, so you can come into the club so easily? You know that this is the hottest club in Hawaii.”

He chuckled and sat on the stool across me. “I play bass in a band.”

“You guys must be really good.”

“You can say that.”, he laughed a bit and he punched the bar table a bit, making a faded thud noise. “Shit. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Zack.”, he offered in his hand.

“Sasha.”, I smiled and took his hand.
***********
“You little liar!”, Rachel giggled when I walked out from the front door, and waved to the bouncers.

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw you with a guy on the bar.”

“Okay, I made him spilled his drink all over his shirt, and I helped him.”

Rachel scoffed quietly as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. “Well, such a cozy conversation you both had.”

“Shut up!”, I giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story, since i'm finish with my Stephen story, this is the replacement
i had been saving this one
and i'm really sorry for the sucky first chapter, i always suck at first chapters, but give it a chance?:3
comments/subscription/
thankies<3