Overnight Sensation

03

“So, can you tell me what did you do last night?” Rachel asked as she popped in a piece of popcorn into her mouth.

“Well, I hung out with the guy from the club.”

Her eyes widened and she sat straight up on my couch. “Wait? You mean the guy who you spilled his drink all over his shirt?”

I nodded. “Yeah, Zack.”

“Oh, what did you do?”

“Nothing, just played video games with him and his friends.”

“Do you have any plans to meet him again?”

“I don’t think so.”, I shrugged my shoulders. “I hadn’t see him today in the hotel.”

She made an ‘o’ shape with her lips then looked back to the TV. I kept on shoving a popcorn one at a time while my mind was filled with things. Unexplained things.

I didn’t know why, but I just knew Zack for a couple of days, but he could make me feel comfortable around him, also with the guys.

When I was about to stand up, my phone buzzed on the coffee table. I picked it up and the caller ID was unknown. “Hello?”

“Hey! Do I disturb you?”, the sound from the other line asked.

“Uh, I don’t think so. What’s up?”

“Nothing, really. Do you want to go to the beach or something? I’m thinking to catch up some waves.”

I peeked from the corner of my eyes to Rachel, and her eyes were already on me. “Who is it?”, she mouthed.

“Okay, I’ll meet you in 5?”, he asked again.

“Okay. In 5.”
****************
I walked down the boardwalk and saw Zack and the guys. Jack noticed me and waved his hands wildly in the air. I waved back a little and hurried up to them. “Hey guys!”

Sasha!”, Jack exclaimed as he scooped me into a hug. “Good thing you’re coming!”

“Ha, I need some fresh air.”

“Anyway, are you going to surf with him—“, Alex jerked his thumb to Zack, who was grinning ear to ear, “Or playing beach volleyball with us?”

“I think I’ll surf.”

“You surf?”, Zack asked with wide eyes. “Seriously?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “It’s been…3 years since the last time I did it, but why not?”

“Psh, you win her now, Merrick.”, Alex narrowed his eyes to Zack, which I found it funny.

I rented a board and quickly took off my t-shirt and shorts, revealing bikini, which the guys stare at in a little dirty way. “What?”, I asked.

“Nothing, it’s just…”, Alex stammered before clearing his throat and walked away from me.

“You’re weird, Gaskarth.”, I laughed as I walked to the water edge. The crispy salty air filled my nostrils as I took a deep breath. I ran to the water and quickly jumped onto my board, paddling to the middle of the ocean.

“Wait up!”, a distinct voice called up and I looked back from my shoulder, seeing Zack, who was paddling his board to caught me up.

When I was on the exact spot, I stopped and turned the board around before I sat up. “Come on, Slowpoke!”

“Alright, alright.”, he chuckled and turned his board around. “So, which wave are we going to surf today?”

I looked back to the horizon and saw one, rolling towards us. “Uhm, that one looks good. what do you think?”

He followed my gaze and smirked. “That’s good.”

We waited for the wave in silent. When a few colorful fishes swimming under us, we knew that it was already time. “Ready?”, I asked him.

“Always.”

I rolled my eyes and paddled forward fast. When the wave lifted my board up, I quickly shot up and tried to control my balance. It felt surreal when I was up on the board.

The only reason I gave up surfing was because of Nat. He was scared to see me out on the ocean. I didn’t know why, but maybe cause’ he cheated on me with the lifeguard. Suddenly, the images when I found Nat with the bodacious lifeguard on our bed filled my mind.

How they kissed, how they didn’t notice I was standing on the door way, how Nat didn’t even care when I asked him about it, how he just left me with a simple explanation. I was out of my thoughts when I suddenly plunged into the water.

The wave rolled me over and over again. My ankle was tied onto the board, so the board hit my face a couple of times before I swam up and broke onto the surface.

“Sasha!”

I looked around and someone lifted me up from the water. I clung onto his board and tried to catch my breath. “What happened?!”, I asked.

“Well, you fell from your board. What happened?”

“Zoned out. stupid thoughts filling my mind.”
*************
“We thought you were dead!”, Jack exclaimed as he chew his mouthful of fries.

“I’m not that weak, Jack. Give me more credit for trying out surfing after 3 years.”

“Well, you shouldn’t make us worried like that ever again.”, Alex stuck his tongue out to me.

“Alex.”, I gasped dramatically. “You sounded just like my dad.”
“Do I look that old?”, he rolled his eyes, followed by the others laughter. We were getting dinner at the nearest diner and I could already feel attached to the boys.

I pulled up my legs onto my chest and took my glass of ice lemon tea. When I was taking a sip of it, I scooted closer to Zack cause’ the air was getting colder. Smart move to me for wearing shorts and a tank top. “What’s wrong?”, he chuckled.

“It’s friggin cold, you know.”

Without anymore words, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. When his hand touched my bare shoulder, electricity jolted through my body. It felt probably weird, seeing me had been ignoring guys for 3 months, shutting everyone out, besides Rachel, from my life.

Jack and Alex were pretending they didn’t see it, but Rian was kind of disturbed with Zack’s arm around my shoulder. I looked down to my hands and pretended that it never happened.
**************
“Thank you for a fun day.”, I smiled when I was about to walk into the house.

“No problem. Too bad you fell from your board.”, Zack chuckled, bringing some dimmed memories of the warm vicious water.

I shuddered on that thought. “My fault for thinking hard things while surfing.”

“Anyway, I should get back.”, He said.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow, then.”, I said, trying to keep the disappointment out of my voice.

He nodded and turned around, walking out to the sidewalks.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you polyvore for the bright inspirations:D