Overnight Sensation

04

I pulled out my earphones and put my iPod into my bag before stuffing it into my locker. The music from inside the club echoed into the locker room, and I couldn’t resist the urge to move my hips.

“Back to the normal Sasha?”, Rachel suddenly appeared, leaning onto the locker and smirked.

“What are you talking about, Rae?”, I scoffed and slammed the locker shut.

“Oh come on, Sash. You haven’t been dancing in weeks.”

“I think you’re trying to point something out here, Rachel.”, I said as I walked through the hallways, carrying my headphone and the folder of CDs.

“Yes!”, she exclaimed while she was trying to caught up with me. “You like someone.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you do.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you do.”

“Rachel!”

“Sasha!”, she laughed and shook her head. “Whatever girl, but if I’m right, I would laugh at you so bad.”

She walked away to the bar and I rolled my eyes. Sandy stepped down from the station and I rushed up. As I set up the CDs and plugged in the headphone, I looked around the club.
There was a young couple, sitting right in the corner. I could see that they were already wasted, and the guy tried to get into the girl’s pants. I frowned in disgust. The view reminded me how I met Nat.

We met at a club, back in LA. I was wasted, and he was the one who found me, alone. He brought me home, and it hit off from there.

“Start the music!”, someone shouted to me. I shook my head and quickly put on the first CD. I remixed Kiss My Sass by Cobra Starship and put it on. The crowd started to threw theirselves onto each other on the dance floor.

I moved my hips and moved my head to the beats, and played with the effects on the turntable. This was the place I would feel peaceful. The music made me feel like home. when I opened my eyes, I smiled at the view.

People were dancing onto the music I was playing. That made me ecstatic. I took off my headphones and ran down to the dance floor. Queen let me do whatever I wanted. I pulled Sandy to the dance floor and we danced like there was no tomorrow.

I bumped hips with her and when I looked at the side of the dance floor, I almost choked on my own breath. I excused myself from Sandy and walked towards the guy, who was smirking at me.

“What are you doing here, Zack?”, I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“I do know you’re a DJ, but I didn’t know you could dance too.”

“It was a spontaneous thing.”
“But you still look good under the bright lights.”

I narrowed my eyes and smiled mischeviously. “Are you flirting with me?”

“Think so.”

I shook my head and told him to wait there for a minute. I rushed to Queen’s office, asking her if I could get out early, and she said I could. After that, I told Sandy to take over. I ran to the locker room and got my bag out.

“Come on!”, I laughed as I tugged Zack by his hand, leading him out from the club. The salty crisp night air hit my face when we ran out from the club.

It was almost midnight and I was confused on where to go. The sound of the distinct wave, crashing onto the beach, made me want to go there. “Can we go to the beach?”, I asked him.

“Sure.”, he shrugged his shoulder.

We walked to the beach in silent and sat near the water edge. I took off my sandals and dug my toes into the warm sand. We kept in silent, just enjoying each others’ presence.

Zack

I peeked from the corner of my eyes, to the girl who was sitting beside me. She got her legs pulled up onto her chest and rested her chin on her knees.

Her brown hair blended into the dark, her skin was luminous under the moonlight and her hazel eyes stood out not like the usual. I swallowed the lump that was in my throat for checking her out without her knowing. Rian’s word rang in my ears, about how I shouldn’t be hanging out with a girl alone, when I already have a girlfriend that I want to be serious with.

“Can I ask you a question?”, I suddenly burst out.

She looked at me and I could felt her eyes bore into mine. “What?”

“Why did you move here?”

“Well—“, she sighed and changed her position, crossing her legs Indian style, “I moved her because my ex asked me to move together with him.”

“Your ex?”

She nodded weakly. “Yeah.”

“What happened? But if only you want to tell me.”

“He actually asked me to marry him.”, she smiled bitterly as she drew heart on the sand. “He was perfect, we were perfect, but I remembered, there wasn’t anything in the world that’s perfect.

“He cheated on me. he cheated on me with this Pam-Anderson-Looking lifeguard, three weeks after we engaged. He doesn’t even give a fuck when I asked him about it, he just left.”

Sasha wiped a tear that was appearing in the corner of her eyes and chuckled bitterly. “I’m crying for a jerk.”

“Well, he’s an idiot for leaving you.”, I finally said it out.

“You’re just saying that.”, she muttered. “Probably he thought I was only a kid, who didn’t know anything out there and he wanted to play me. well, he succeeded.”

I quickly wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. I caught her off guard, cause’ she looked up to me with her mouth hung open. “What?”, I asked.

“What are you doing?”

“Comforting you. You’re my friend, and I hate it when I see my friend, being all sad, and all I wanna do is comfort them.”

She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder. “We just known each other for days, but honestly, I feel really comfortable around you, Zack.”

I nodded and the silent filled the atmosphere once again, as we only looked out to the dark ocean and let the wind blew through us.
♠ ♠ ♠
well,this is obviously a filler
i love how they already got close to each other
and i almost cried when i wrote this
<3