Overnight Sensation

05

Zack

I lay on my bed all night, never could closed my eyes. The way Sasha told me about her past was kind of devastating. The way her lips would frown always made me could feel her emotion, what she went through.

The orange rays peeked into my room from the curtains, telling me that the sun was already out. I looked to the other bed, where Rian was still sleeping. I slid out from the bed and dressed up, decided to jog around the resort.

When I walked out from the room, it was still quiet in the hallway. The weather outside the hotel was amazing, the one I couldn’t get back in California. I started to run, as the sun kept on getting higher on the sky.

I ran to the little trail that leaded to the little woods near the hotel. It was quiet and all I could hear was the noise of the little animals, starting their day. When I was already deep enough in the woods, I stopped to take a breath.

There were noises of footsteps, coming towards my way. I turned around and saw Sasha with wide eyes. “Zack? What are you doing here?”

“Uhm…jogging?”

“Did you lost your way off the trails?”, she giggled and put her hands on her hips. “It’s off the trails.”

“I thought it’ll be more exciting, you know? Lurking what’s on the island.”

She nodded and walked closer to me. “Come on.”

I followed her and we just walked in silent. “So, do you always up early like this?”, she asked, breaking the silent that covered us on the last five minutes.

“Yeah. I just like early morning, especially, if I go jogging, it feels like I’m the only one alive, you know, and enjoying the quiet time before Jack wakes up.”

“Oh god.”, she laughed. “Okay, friendsicle, can I show you a place?”

“What place?”

“It’s a secret.”, she smiled mischievously and winked. “But, you have to catch up with me.”

Before I could ask what was she talking about, she ran. I followed her and she led me to the deeper part of the woods. There was a light on the end of the road and she stopped there. “Where are we?”, I asked her.

“My favorite place. Look around.”

I looked around and it was the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to. We were on top of waterfall; there was a lake at the bottom. The jungle was so green with the noise of tropical birds, chirping on the trees. There was a rope, tied onto a tree behind us.

“Are you scared of heights?”, Sasha asked as she tilted her head to the side.

“No.”

“Good.”, she smiled and started to take off her tank top and shorts. My eyes widened on her action and I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. “What?”
“Nothing.”, I shook my head just like I shook nasty thoughts off my head about her. “What are we doing? What are you doing?”

“Take off your shirt.”

“W-What?”, I was a little off guard when she said that. She laughed at my expression and took a step forward.

“I’m not gonna molest you. We’re going to do something really fun.”

All I could do was obeyed her. I took off my shirt and laid it out with her clothes under the tree. We took off our shoes and stood on the edge of the waterfall. “You’re nuts.”, I finally said.

“No, I’m not.”, she rolled her eyes and caught the rope. “We’re going to get our inner jungle people out.”

“Okay, the lake is like 10 feet under us.”

“So? The lake is 10 meters deep. Jumping won’t hurt us.”

I looked down to the crystal blue lake. I couldn’t see the bottom of the lake, proving what Sasha said before. “Hey, do you think—“, I looked to my side but she wasn’t there anymore.

“Hey, Zack!”, she exclaimed and her voice echoed through the woods. I looked to where the direction of her voice came from, and she was already dangling on the rope.

“Shit! You freaking scared me.”

She stuck her tongue out and suddenly; she let go of the rope. Her body fell quickly on the air and plunged into the water. I only could stare at the water until her head appeared on the surface. “Hey, come on!”, She shouted up.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I caught the rope. I walked backwards a couple steps and with the rope in my hand, I ran off the cliff and I could feel the wind blew through my face. I let go of the rope and the wind blew harshly from the bottom.

When I plunged into the blue water, it felt cold but also warm at the same time. I swam up to the surface and saw Sasha, grinning at me. “Good job.”

“Really?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I thought you would be a scaredy cat.”

“No way.”, I splashed water to her face and laughed.
***************
Sasha

“Okay, I’m hungry.”, I pouted and looked back to Zack, who was putting his shirt back on. “Do you want to go back to the hotel?”

“Yeah sure. Probably the guys are wondering where I am. You could get breakfast with us, you know.”

I smiled and put on my flip-flops back. “That would be awesome.”

“Are we going to run back to the hotel?”, he smirked.

“I have my car, I’m so tired.”

He nodded and I led him to the edge of the woods, where I parked my car. He offered to drive, and I was so tired, I let him. The drive was filled with our light conversations, about his band, or my life.

After we parked at the hotel staffs’ parking lot, he cut off the engine, and all I could do was looked at him. My eyes lingered on his face. I started to look at it even more. His dark brown hair was still a little wet from the swim, and I remembered how his blue-greenish eyes reflected my reflection when he looked at me.

“Sash? You okay?”, he asked, pulling me out from my thoughts.

“Yea, I’m fine.”

Zack nodded and got out from the car. I sighed and followed him out.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay,i would love to swim with Zack,hahaha