‹ Prequel: You Can't Fight Fate
Sequel: Creating Fate
Status: NEW STORY UP SOON :))

Chasing our Fate

L.A. L.A. Baby

“Well, we know how your Grandmother feels about Nick!” Eric pointed out. I groaned, unhappy that the topic came up. All I wanted to do was forget the awkward conversation my Nana started last night. I was well aware that she would say some obscure things; she could never keep her mouth shut if she tried. However, that’s what made her who she was.

That fact that she centered on our kids and me being pregnant was just a plain surprise. I barely felt comfortable when people mentioned marriage because I was having weird thoughts over the whole thing. Marriage was huge and Nick was talking in a couple of years, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to go forward with the biggest decision of my life so soon. I mean, I wanted to marry Nick…I think. But, I never wanted to get married young, that fantasy had come and gone with another guy. Unlike Nicholas, I had already experienced a bite of adult life and I didn’t mind waiting. That was one good thing about having more experience than Nick, I felt more informed on what exactly we would be getting into.

We all laid out on the lawn chairs that lined the deck of our yacht, enjoying the hot sun. Nick continued to rub sunscreen on my back as we sailed the bright blue ocean. I was more than excited that we would be able to do our usual at least once this summer. It was almost over and this was our first time together even though summer was almost over.

“Don’t start guys, you know my nana is...’

“Amazing,” Eric finished dreamily, “I would kill to be married to a wild woman like that.”

“Eccentric,” Nick guessed.

“Crazy,” I finished, “and she’s not serious so don’t you guys get any ideas. This uterus will not be carrying any child, big headed or not, for a very long time.”

“Not if I have anything to do with it.” I heard Nick mutter under his breath. I narrowed my eyes at him, only to have him simply smirk and look away.

“Well, it does take two get pregnant, so I’m pretty sure you will have something to do with it, I’m kind of excited about that fact,” I whispered back with a smirk.

Nick hesitated before responded, holding back a shy smile. He scratched his neck uncomfortably. “No, Stevvie I totally didn’t realize that. Thank you for pointing that out.”

I laughed at his sarcasm, one of my favorite things to say awkward sexual comments to Nick because his reactions were hilarious. We always knew that he wasn’t as comfortable with sex as we all were, so making him feel awkward was amusing to us.

“On a serious note, school is starting in like three weeks. What are our living situations?” Jackie asked.

“Well, I’ve decide that I can not put up with another obnoxious, Stinky jock, and the dorms are way too small for my wardrobe. I’m moving to an apartment,” Eric announced.

“I’m moving in with Angela, she has mad connections with the Chicago tribune and she can help me sell my stories,” Jackie stated, “Babe, have you decided what you’re going to do?”

“I’m not going to re-enroll until the second semester, I just found out I got the role on that movie!”

We all clapped and congratulated Storm on his achievement. So far, Storm’s career was doing way better than anyone of us expected.

“Nothing’s different for me,” I replied with a smirk.

“What about you Nick, since Storm’s not going to be living with you?” Eric asked.

“You’ll still be in a dorm right babe?” I assumed. The plan that he told me months ago said that at least.

Nick hesitated before replying. “Um, actually…I don’t know yet.”

I widened my eyes at nick reply, what did he mean by that?

“Well, the north American leg ends at the end of August so I’ll miss the first weeks of school, and then we’re going to go on the South American tour in October. So, I’ll only be in school for like a month, I really don’t see the point of staying in a dorm for only that long.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Nicholas, why haven’t we talked about this? If you’re not going to live in a dorm then where are you going to stay? Are you even going to back to school?”

Nick avoided eye contact with me, making me anxious. I was counting down the days until I could see him everyday and he wasn’t going to ruin it.

“Answer me Nicholas.” I demanded.

“It’s up in the air right now babe,” he finally replied, “all I know is that I’m planning on attending school, don’t worry.”

“and…” I urged him to continue. “Nicholas, tell me what you’re at least thinking.”

Nick hesitated to answer once again, he looked away, sighed and caught my gaze.

"Honestly, I most likely won’t be living in Chicago Stevvie, I’ve been talking to my dad and the guys. We’ve been looking at our schedule and the best time for us to record our next album would have to be all of September. My dad’s been talking to the Dean and my professors to set up sort of an online program for me. Look, baby I know you’ve been looking forward to being together again everyday, but I have to think about the band first,” he finally explained.

I breathed in a deep breath, trying to understand what he had just told me. I was slightly disappointed at the fact that we wouldn’t be together like I had been fantasizing about.

“So, why did you wait so long to tell me this?” I muttered.

“We were still trying to figure it all out and I wanted to be sure of what I was doing first, and I didn’t want to hurt you. I knew you’d be bummed, but I hope you’re not mad at me.”

“No, no…” I replied softly, ‘I can’t be mad at you for pursuing your dream. I’m excited for new JB music, I am still a fan. I guess I just need to let go of this idea that I can get freshman year back. I’m not going to stop you from anything, it’s not my place.”

Nick sighed in relief, bringing me relief also. He pulled me into a tight hug. ‘I knew you’d understand, thank you so much, baby. I love you.”

I forced a tiny smile and excepted his kisses. “Is there any other surprises I should be aware of?”

“Actually…okay…since you reacted the way you did to the school thing, I’ll tell you something else,’ Nick replied, “So, with that whole thing about me not living in Chicago, well…I have been thinking that it’s time for me to move out of my parents house. I’m turning 20 this year and I’m not going to be kid anymore, plus it would just be easier for me to have all of my stuff in one place. I’m moving to L.A.”

Why did he have to spring all of this on me at one time? My emotions were not ready at all. It was so much to take in at once; Nick was talking permanently moving miles away from me.

“Wow…I’m surprised honestly,” I replied with a shaky voice, “how soon exactly are we talking?”

“Like next week…I’m starting to look at some places...my realtor has some already lined up,” he stated, “but, if it helps…I got the idea because of you…I wanted us to have more privacy.”

Despite my aching heart, I couldn’t help but smile, he would be the boyfriend to do that.
“So…are you okay?” he asked.

I nodded and shook off my bummed mood. I truly was excited for Nick though. “Yes, I’m so excited for you Nicholas. Moving out on your own is a huge thing, and I am sure you’re ready for it. Plus, you have me to help decorate!”

“True!” he replied, “I knew you would support me because you always do, I am so thankful for you.”

Nick kissed me soft and intimately, almost taking my breath away.

“Promise me you won’t forget about me in boring old Chicago while you’re living it up in L.A.” I murmured.

“Never,’ he whispered back confidently, “because you’ll be on my mind half the time, and the other times you’ll be with me. Don’t give up on me baby.”

“I love you,” I replied with a smile. He simply kissed me once again.

Life doesn’t always turn out how you expect, but there might be some good surprises in store. I just had to get used to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
surprise! haha, what's going to happen next?
let me know your guesses :P