The Deadly Muses

A Taste of Edmund

“How much does he want to pay? Okay when, where and why? I see. Okay, okay, bye.” Athena hung up the phone and brought her notepad over to the table. “New job, girls, and this one has a particularly exciting bonus!”

“Yes?” Anita said curiously. Athena was rarely that excited by new work.

“A vampire known as Damien with no last name is wanted dead by a new client. The client is going to meet us at the Firebird. He’ll buy us a drink and that’s where we’ll get the information we need.” Anita and Avalon nodded.

“So what’s the bonus?” Avalon asked. Athena smiled mischievously.

“I came across Damien a few months ago in one of our surveillance files. He is rumored to be one of Edmund’s lieutenants, one of his best.” Avalon laughed and Anita grinned.

Since they had begun working as assassins of supernatural creatures who had become evil, Edmund Volano had been their number one target. He was high up in the vampire world, and his reputation was that of a cruel and bloodthirsty tyrant. He loved to torture and kill humans for sport, and had committed so many crimes that his police file was overflowing. All three women had felt a strange pull which directed their attention towards him, and they were determined to stop Volano before he did any more damage to the world. Now that they had a job involving one of his best lieutenants, they could find out more about Edmund.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little prologue of sorts :) Tell me what you think!!!