Status: Hiatus

Almost Easy

Ch. 3

Liz's POV

"Ha ha. Bye."
I hung up the phone and sat on the couch. I'm so glad that she's leaving Matt for real this time. I know that Matt beat her last night. I saw the fire in his eyes last night when he looked over at Nate and I. I hope he didn't' beat her too bad. I'm glad that Sabrina will at least be safer over here. It's strange, I talked to Sabrina once and she said that Matt never laid a hand on her. Only on Payton. Hmm... I guess I'll just have to talk to Pay about it. Right now I better start on getting their rooms ready. Since Sabrina comes here often, she already has a bedroom. I have a guest bedroom, but I'm sure Pay will redecorate it to her taste. I'm just going to clean them up a bit and see what else there is to do besides cleaning the house. It's only eleven so I have more than enough time.

45 minutes later

After I finished cleaning, I picked out my clothes and jumped into the shower. Once I was ready, I went into Sabrina's room and hung up whatever clothes she had here, put her books and stuffed animals in the shelves, and basically fixed up her room so it looked fit for a princess. I then went into the guest bedroom, Payton's room, and made sure it looked presentable. I even left an envelope on the bed as a surprise for Payton. After making sure that everything needed to be done was done, I decided to sit down and watch some good-ole TV. After flipping through some channels I found my favorite show, Chowder! Ha ha. I've been watching this show ever since I could remember. After like ten minutes in, I got a call from Payton saying she'll be coming in five. I turned off the TV and drank some water. Sure enough, the doorbell started ringing and I went to answer the door. After opening it and seeing who it was, I give a big bear hug to Sabrina.

"Hey Auntie!!"

"Hey Sabrina! Hey Pay, do you guys need some help?"

"Yes please," answered Payton.

After putting down Sabrina, I went out to her car and started unpacking the boxes and bags. While Payton and I took out the boxes/bags, Sabrina would pick up the ones she could carry and put them in the living room. We ended at about one and while I took Sabrina inside for a sandwich, Payton parked her car in the garage. When Payton came back in we all sent the boxes and bags to the designated rooms. After that we all went to Sabrina's room to unpack. After getting most of the boxes unpacked we started putting away her stuff. Soon enough it become two o'clock and we were done. While Sabrina took a nap, Payton and I went in her room. She stopped when she saw the envelope on the bed.

"What's this," Payton asked as she opened the envelope.

"Look."

"Liz, you shouldn't have."

"But I did. Besides, I owed you."

"No, you didn't."

"Yes I did. One-hundred is for almost giving you a heart attack for almost losing our backstage passes to the Black Veil Brides concert. The other half is a gift from me to you."

"But it's not like I payed for your pass," Payton countered.

"I know you didn't. After I found them, you said I would have to pay for your almost-heart attack one way or another. So this is how I'm paying for it."

"Ha ha. I remember that day," said Payton as she smiled at the memory.

"So am I debt-free?"

"Duh!"

We laughed at that as she put the money in her wallet and then we hugged.

"Thank you. For everything."

"Your welcome."

We sat on the bed on the bed and just stared up at the ceiling.

"Besides, you're the one that started freaking out about the tickets and almost had a mini heart attack of your own."

"Ha ha. I did, didn't I?"

"Yup! What's the money for anyways?"

"Well, like I said it is a gift, and I thought you could use it to redecorate your room."

"You're the bestest friend ever!!!"

"I know I am. Now let's get to these boxes."

Payton's POV

When I was five minutes away from Liz's house I called her to tell her that I was by her house.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Yay!! I love surprises."

I laughed at how excited she was getting because she started bouncing up and down in her seat.

"I know. That's why I kept where we're going a surprise. We'll be there in a little bit anyways."

"Yay!!"

I laughed again and before I knew it, I was in front of Liz's house.

"Sabrina, go knock on the door."

She looked out the window and got excited all over again.

"Yay!! We're at Auntie Liz's house!!"

I shook my head and got out of my car. While Sabrina ran to the door I unlocked the trunk and started unpacking boxes. After I hear the door open I hear Sabrina saying hi and Liz saying, "Hey Sabrina! Hey Pay, do you guys need some help?"

In reply I say, "Yes please."

She comes out to help and soon enough all the boxes and bags were in the house. While Liz took Sabrina inside I parked my car in Liz's garage. When I went into the house I realized how free I was. It felt, amazing. I smiled to myself and went inside. We sent the designated luggage to the correct rooms and after that we went to Sabrina's room to help her unpack and put her stuff away. We finished by the time two o'clock came around so Liz and I let Sabrina take a nap while we moved on to my room. When I walked in I saw an envelope on the bed and immediately stopped. As I picked up the envelope I said, "What's this?"

"Look," was the only reply Liz gave me.

"Liz, you shouldn't have."

"But I did. Besides, I owed you."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did.One-hundred is for almost giving you a heart attack for almost losing our backstage passes to the Black Veil Brides concert. The other half is a gift from me to you."

"But it's not like I payed for you pass," I countered.

"I know you didn't. After I found them, you said I would have to pay for your almost-heart attack one way or another. So this is how I'm paying for it."

"Ha ha. I remember that day," I said as I smiled at the memory.

"So am I debt-free?"

"Duh!"

We laughed at that as I put the money in my wallet and then hugged.

"Thank you. For everything."

"Your welcome."

We sat on the bed on the bed and just stared up at the ceiling.

"Besides, you're the one that started freaking out about the tickets and almost had a mini heart attack of your own."

"Ha ha. I did didn't I?"

"Yup! What's the money for anyways?"

"Well, like I said it is a gift, and I thought you could use it to redecorate your room."

"You're the bestest friend ever!!!"

"I know I am. Now let's get to these boxes."

1 Hour Later

When we finished unpacking we decided to take a nap since Sabrina was still fast asleep. Liz retired to her room while I changed into some pajamas. After getting under the covers and trying to fall asleep, I realized that I wasn't really tired. I tried to get comfortable but no matter what I just couldn't fall asleep. After ten minutes of failing at trying to get to sleep I decided to get up and go to the kitchen for some water. On my way there I checked on Sabrina. I love my little girl. I went into her room to tuck her in and kissed her forehead. When deciding on leaving Matt, Sabrina's safety was number one in my mind. I sat in the little chair thinking about the Matt I used to love. When we met he was so sweet, caring, amazing, and just simply took my breathe away. Even though I was just a freshman in high school and he a sophomore. I loved how talented he was and how he never got a big head or huge ego. When we went out, he made me feel so loved and cherished. When he proposed, I knew I would be with him forever and I became the happiest girl in the world. Early in our marriage he would be even sweeter, kinder and so romantic. On our honeymoon he made me feel so special. Sigh. I missed those days. They were pure bliss. We've been together for only ten years. Six of them as a married couple. On our third anniversary, things started getting strange for me. He slowly became less caring, sweet and kind and he started becoming more cruel and started hitting me whenever he got mad. Whenever he plays shows and tours I would always go with him, but stopped when he started hitting me. I ended up seeing how different he was onstage and off and just decided to stop going to everything altogether. When the girls asked I just said it was to take care of Sabrina, and it is partly the truth. Matt just scares me so much. I left him before, but for some reason I always came back. It was always almost easy to go back to him because I still loved him, missed him, and well my heart would just be calling out to him. But this time I won't go back. I'm going to stay strong and try to get back on my feet. The hard part is trying to forget him because no matter what, I still love him. I just wish he could be who he was when I first met him. I hope Liz doesn't blame herself for anything. I sighed, got up and left the room. But before I left, I said, "I love you Sabrina."
I continued on to the kitchen and drank a glass of water. After washing the cup I went back to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

Liz's POV

I dozed off for a bit but when I heard the floor in the hall creak I checked out who it was. It was only Pay probably getting some water or checking on Sabrina. It may only be three o'clock but we were tired. Sabrina is a heavy sleeper so she was pretty much dead to the world. When I saw Pay go into Sabrina's room and sit on the chair, she had a dazed look so she was thinking about a lot of things. Most likely about Matt. When they first met, Matt was so sweet to her. In fact, he was known as one of the nicest guys around. So when I first met Pay and got to know her, I knew that Matt was just the right guy for her. In the beginning of their relationship Matt was such a sweetie. He acted like such a gentleman and Pay said that he took her breath away. He was like that for a long time. When he proposed, both Pay and I knew that he was the one for her and that she would be with him forever. She said that he would be even kinder, sweet, and more romantic. They've been together for ten years. According to Pay, about roughly half of that was pure bliss. Apparently, Matt had gradually become less kind and sweet, and more angry and cruel. When ever he got mad at Pay he would hit her. When the guys went on tour obviously Pay and I would go. But gradually she just stopped going. She told me what was going on and when it became worse I got scared for her. When she had Sabrina, I was scared at what Matt would do. Apparently Matt would just yell at her. But I swear that he actually got excited for a baby. He still had his sweet and caring side, he just didn't really show it anymore. When Pay actually left him a few times, she claimed that she would miss him terribly and was acting all mopey. She always said that it's almost easy to go back to him. I guess her love to him just stays strong no matter what. I partly blame myself since I was the one that got them together. Pay always says that no one knew that he'd be like this. I still feel kinda bad, but I'm over it. But I do wonder if the guys know how Matt is to Pay. Did she even tell any of them? But my thoughts were interrupted when I realized Pay had gotten up to continue on to the kitchen to get some water. While she was in there I quickly went to bed. I just hope she really leaves Matt this time. Or that he would simply change his ways for the better. One thing for sure is that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was dead to the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! *waves* Did ya miss me?? I'm sooo sorry. This chapter is WAYYYY over due. I really would like to make it up to you and i will soon. I hope you guys like it and forgive me for taking so long. I promise I'll try to keep up with the story this time. I love you all for staying with me. Thank you. I'll try and put up the next chapter as soon as possible.

-T.Strange-

Liz's Outfit
Sabrina's Room(at Liz's house)
Guest Bedroom(Before Payton)
Liz's Room
Liz's Home