Sequel: Vengeful and Accused
Status: Writing

Taken and Misused.

The Party.

We arrived at Marco's and I realized that all of the questions I had been meaning to ask I had forgotten about due to Vaughn's little stunt. Some part of me felt like he was keeping me distracted on purpose. The mischievous glint in his eyes could mean so many things right now. Vaughn parked next to Darik’s car in the drive way behind a yellow and black car, I assumed it was Marco’s because this was his house so obviously he would park way up on the drive way.

“This looks like a lovely part of town” I muttered, looking out of the windows and then back at Vaughn who just sat there grinning at me as if I were the most amusing person on the planet. I sighed and looked back out the window, “what are those men doing?” I asked seeing two guys talking and making small exchanges while looking around themselves.

Vaughn arched around me to see what I was looking at and burst out laughing, “they’re dealing drugs Princess, Marco introduced them to me awhile ago, really funny guys” Vaughn said and I looked at him in horror, drug dealers? What had I gotten myself into? I was going to get shot. I was going to get shot and I hadn’t even lived to reach my thirties or have a mid life crisis. Part of me wanted to jump out of the car and turn around but I was too much of a wimp. Something popped into my head as I dissected what Vaughn had just said.

“You do drugs?” I asked, my blue eyes widening.

“Nope, I’m clean of everything except alcohol” Vaughn said while getting out of the car and closing the door, leaving me sitting in the passenger seat with my mouth open in a small O.

“Wait! Does that mean you were drunk this whole time?” I asked in horrified astonishment as I climbed out of the car to.

“I’m sober for now Princess, now come on, the party is starting” Vaughn said and he waited for me to catch up before wrapping an arm around my shoulders, I could feel his warm hands through the leather of his jacket he had let me wear and I fought back a blush. It was just a gesture to lead me to the house, nothing more. Remembering what Darik and Nathaniel had said about all the girls he had been with, I frowned and looked away from him. Vaughn stopped me by gripping my shoulder lightly and stopping, I looked at him curiously and I noticed he was trying to read my expression.

“We don’t have to go to this if you don’t want to Elisabeth, I don’t want to make you uncomfortable” Vaughn said, tipping my chin up when I didn’t look up at him. He seemed really sincere I thought as I looked up at him, I had only known him for a little over a week and this was a new side to him. But he had misread my expression, I hadn’t been thinking one thought about the party, my mind had been trying to figure out Vaughn’s love life from the few clues I had gotten from Darik and Nathan.

“No, no, no, its fine Vaughn, umm I think some part of me is excited, ballet schools don’t really throw big parties you know” I said, being slightly truthful. I was torn on whether I wanted to experience a full out party or if I should just leave it to my imagination. I also couldn’t stop replaying how he had said my name in my head.

“You tell me when you want to go home, alright?” he said, continuing to lead me to the house which was pulsing with angry rap music by the sound of it.

“Alright” I agreed, fiddling with the zipper on Vaughn’s jacket.

When we walked in Vaughn was attacked with congratulations and loud cheers. I tried to slip away from him so he could enjoy the lime light but his hand wrapped tighter around my shoulder and he winked down at me. He made me suffer through the process of maneuvering through a mass of bodies, some of them were trying to talk to Vaughn but most of them were just dancing and I got bumped into quite a few times but Vaughn kept his arm around me and tucked me closer to him. So this was what a crazy party was like, almost everyone had a colorful drink or a beer in their hand and were moving to the music or displaying a lot of affection. I tore my eyes away from a man and woman who were trying to eat each other by the looks of it. I caught Vaughn looking at me and saw him chuckle at my expression.

Once the crowd had died down we found Nathaniel, a man with dark curly hair, and Darik. They were in the kitchen and each held a full beer bottle, Nathaniel saw them first and he slid off the counter where he had been sitting and came up to Vaughn and gave him one of those man hung things. Even though most men denied it was something as feminine as a hug.

“You sure can make an entrance” Nathan joked and then looked down at me. “Didn’t know you were a party animal as well as a supporter of illegal street racing” he said, teasing me, but I smiled because I could tell he wasn’t doing it in an insulting way.

“That’s what I roll” I said, copying a line I had thought was from an American movie I had watched on the plane here. From all of their expressions I had got it wrong.

“That’s how I roll” Darik corrected, grinning, “let’s hope you’re not rolling anything” he said, glancing at Nathan who laughed as well.

“It was a good try, Princess” Vaughn said to me and I smiled myself.

The dark haired man caught my gaze and grinned, “I’m Marco, it’s good to meet you” he said and held out his hand. He had a slight Spanish accent and it went with his appearance, his eyes were a deep brown and he had perfect russet colored skin. I went up to him and shook it, Vaughn’s hand fell from my shoulder and he leaned against the kitchen wall.

“I’m Elisabeth” I said and Marco was about to add something but another dark haired man came out of a room that looked unoccupied; the party seemed to end here in the kitchen.

“I got those new supplies just now, they’re in the garage” he said, I noticed that he and Marco must be brothers, they looked so similar.

“Vaughn, Nathan you guys should check this stuff out, Rodrigo and his dumbasses are in for a hell of a surprise, Darik is a mastermind when it comes to putting shit together” Marco said, grinning widely. He glanced at me and scratched the back of his neck like he was thinking over something. “Do you mind staying out here Elisabeth?” he asked me.

“Marco’s kind of protective about his garage” Darik explained, “it gets pretty competitive in the racing industry” he added.

“And he doesn’t trust me” I said, waving off Marco’s next words. “I understand Marco, I’ll just wait out here” I said. I hated being the one who made things uncomfortable. I looked up at Vaughn and realized he was frowning. “Go on” I said, giving him a small shove, “I’ll be fine” I added and for emphasis I sat down on the counter, having to do a little hop before I got situated.

Vaughn frowned at me a little bit more before sighing and following the rest of the guys into Marco’s garage.

“Make yourself at home, there’s drinks in the fridge” Marco said before closing the door after Vaughn. I heard the sound of the lock sliding into place and then I was alone. My eyes roamed around the kitchen and I saw a cooler I had a hunch was filled with beer, I slid off the counter and went to the fridge. There was a pitcher of red liquid which I assumed to be punch, after searching for a glass I poured myself some and took a drink. It was tart but oddly sweet, when I had downed that glass I took another. I had never tasted punch like this before. Soon I forgot which cup I was on.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I thought this chapter added onto the fact that Elisabeth has never experianced crime or anything illegal lol

I know its short but if you can tell whats going to happen in the next chapter you can tell why I want to devote a whoel chapter to it ;D

Also, I wanted to know if you guys would read a story about someone in the witness protection program? I thought it sounded cool but I just wanted to get your opinions :)

So, COMMENT PLEASE, lets get this story up to three pages of comments haha
While I'm on that note, here are the few who commented on the last chapter and I would like to say thank you very much :)
THfevenTH
xMCRxSTFUx
Boron
and spishsplash

You guys are the best!