Sequel: Vengeful and Accused
Status: Writing

Taken and Misused.

A Date.

[Elisabeth’s Point Of View]

I sipped on my coffee and as my blue eyes stared out the window of the coffee shop I sat in, taking in the night sky speckled with dots of falling snow. I was in the coffee shop Vaughn had taken me to after making a big show of apologizing to me. I smiled at the memory even though when it had happened I had been anything but happy. I had decided to end my day in this shop because it was so peaceful and warm.

A waiter came up to me with a silver coffee pot. “Would you like another cup ma’am?”

“Yes, please” I said offering my nearly empty cup to him.

Looks like winter is finally here huh?” he asked, handing me back my cup after he had filled it.

I glanced out the window once more to see the snow falling from the sky and creating a soft blanket of white over everything. The street lamps that had lit up with the notice of night fall put a spot light on the descending snow. People outside were donning thicker coats and had their heads covered with cozy hats to stay warm.

My first winter in New York.

“It’s beautiful” I replied, casting a smile in the direction of my waiter. He returned the smile and excused himself. I took a drink of my fresh coffee, reveling in the feeling of the hot liquid warming my insides. I closed my eyes for a moment, opening them to stare out the window I sat next to once more.

A ringing sound came from my cell phone which I had tucked inside the pocket of my coat, I lifted it off the back of my chair and pulled out my phone. I answered it without glancing at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Princess” came the familiar velvety smooth voice of Vaughn, I smiled at the sound of it. “How’s it goin’?”

“I’m fine, are you doing well?”

“for lack of a better word, yeah” he sounded slightly sarcastic as he said that. Before I could question his tone he continued. “But that’s a whole other subject… I think” now he sounded confused.

“Did you have to ask me something?” I prodded, trying to figure out why he had called.

“Yeah, I do. Are you busy tomorrow night?” he asked, I was caught off guard for a moment. The first thing that confused me was the sudden phone call, because I hadn’t heard from him in days. The second thing was the way his question sounded like he was going to ask me on a date.

“You still there?” his question pulled me from my thoughts.

“Yes” I answered, still thinking about how to answer his other question. Should I sound nonchalant? Or maybe happy he asked?

“Yes you’re still there, or yes you’re free tomorrow?” he asked and I felt like there should have been humor in his tone but the humor I did hear was by no means real.

I took a deep breath, “both” I replied, letting the breath I had inhaled exhale completely with that one word.

“There’s this gala event going on for this big business guy and I’m friends with his son so I got a invitation. And well, I need a date” he said.

A date.

He wanted me to be his date, despite myself I couldn’t help but get extremely excited. “I’d love to go” I replied, trying to keep my voice calm so I wouldn’t sound like the love sick puppy I was becoming. I was surprised by how even I kept my voice.

“It’s formal by the way “ he added.

“How formal?”

“The invitation says ‘black tie’”

“I didn’t know you were into formal events” I noted, grinning to myself.

I heard a wry chuckle bubble from his lips, “I’m full of surprises Princess” his words brought a light shade of pink to my cheeks. “I’ll pick you up at seven” he added.

“Sounds good.”

“See you then” he said before hanging up.

I smiled and slipped my cell phone into my jeans pocket. Grabbing my purse I pulled out enough money to cover my coffee and a tip for the waiter. I tugged on my coat, leaving it unbuttoned, and slung my purse over my shoulder.

The waiter who had served me waved goodbye to me as I left and I smiled in return. As I stepped out into the bitter night’s chill I pulled the hood of my green, formfitting sweatshirt over my head, tucking my hair behind my ear.

I thought about what I’d wear tomorrow as I walked home. The streets were lit up bright from the store windows and street lights, the lack of shadows made me feel safe so I felt no need to take a taxi three blocks when I could just walk it and get some fresh air. Even though I knew I was safe, I still couldn’t shake the feeling that I was being followed. I stole a glance behind me to just see people shopping and wandering down the sidewalk. Nothing unordinary. I returned on my way home, reaching up to flip the collar of my coat up to stop the cold wind that had started up from getting into my pocket of warmth around my neck. My pace quickened as that familiar prickly feeling started up on the back of my neck, raising the hairs that were there.

When the sidewalk had cleared up slightly I turned my head once more, unable to shake the feeling that someone was watching me. The only suspicious figure I caught was tall and obviously well built, his face was hidden by a hat and a coat hung around his shoulders. My thoughts drifted to the possibilities of what could be hidden under that coat. I turned around, pushing the thought from my mind, being around Vaughn made me see how danger could come out of nowhere. And it was making me really paranoid lately. Still, I listened to my paranoia and crossed the street, trying to put distance between me and my supposed stalker.

When I arrived at my apartment building I ascended the steps that led up to the main door and made a final glance behind me. There, standing on the sidewalk was the same man from before. He stood about fifteen feet from the steps I stood on, making no effort to hide even though he had to know I was staring straight at him. He did, however, tip his hat up so just his lips were visible to me, those lips curled up into a sinister and threatening grin that made my heart speed up in fear. He jerked his hand up in a short wave before turning and leaving back down the sidewalk.

“Miss, are you alright?” the door man asked. I didn’t look at him as I replied, my eyes still glued to where that man had stood, “I’m fine” I lied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyways, who is this mystery man that followed Elisabeth home? Any guesses?

So, not so many comments on the last chapter. Thank you to you guys who took the time to comment, it made me smile to see you like my story.

So everyone else, tell me what you think about it. tell me the bad and the good, tear this story apart. I really want the feed back.