Sequel: Vengeful and Accused
Status: Writing

Taken and Misused.

The Missing Link.

[Elisabeth's POV]

Vaughn was leading us back to a table as the small orchestra finished a song. We had been at the gala for almost two hours and I was finding it to be quite a lot of fun. I got to dance with Vaughn almost the entire time, others asked to dance with me and although Vaughn let them I felt like he was being very standoffish to everyone ever since we had arrived. Not to mention the fact that he continued to look around himself as if he were looking for someone.

“Have you found your friend yet?” I asked, watching his eyes scan the crowd for this mystery friend.

His gaze snapped to mine, a somewhat apologetic look spreading across his angular features. “I'm sorry, I'm being a crappy date aren't I?” he rhetorically asked, his vocabulary let me know that although he was dressed in a very expensive suit he was still Vaughn underneath.

“You are a wonderful date Vaughn, I am quite curious to meet this friend of yours as well” I said, doing my best not to dampen the mood. I think he noticed that.

“He'll turn up sooner or later, are you thirsty?” he asked, watching one of the butlers slowly maneuver through the crowd with trays of glasses filled with champagne.

“Only one” I said, remembering my little drunken episode not too long ago. Vaughn seemed to remember it too because a soft chuckle left his lips. He took two glasses when the butler passed by and handed me one.

“Don't worry, I'll be by your side all night making sure you stay sober” he said, a grin pulling at the corners of his lips as he looked me dead in the eyes. I looked away first, the look feeling too intimate to me.

“Mister Vaughn Hart!” the voice was thick with a Russian accent and the owner of it was a man who, even though he had gray hair, looked like a man no older than thirty-five. Vaughn slipped an arm around my waist at the sight of the man, pulling me a little closer to him. “I'm so glad you made it” he continued in that same enthused voice.

“I wouldn't have missed it for the world Semyon” Vaughn said, a tight lipped smile replacing his grin.

“Are you going to introduce me to this lovely woman?” Semyon asked, smiling at me. I returned the smile and held out my hand when he offered his.

“I'm Elisabeth” I said, beating Vaughn to it. Semyon pressed a gentle kissed to the top of my hand and smiled once more at me. “Such a pleasure for you two to be here, well, I must be off to greet the rest of my guests. Enjoy your night” he said, his gaze locking with Vaughn's on the last three words. I smiled and said a soft thank you before Semyon was out of their sight.

“Well, he seems like a nice man” I observed, turning to look at Vaughn who nodded.

“Thats one word for it” he said, finishing his glass of champagne and glancing around once more. He looked back at me and he had an apologetic look on his face. “I have to use the bathroom, I'm going to have to break that promise to never leave your side tonight” he said.

“Its fine, I'm not going to hold you hostage Vaughn” I said, chuckling softly at his grin.

“I'll be right back Princess” he said and the nickname made me smile. Vaughn leaned over and put his lips to my ear, “I'd better not come back and find you dancing on tables” he whispered and I smacked his shoulder lightly and rolled my eyes.

“That is not funny” I declared, frowning.

“If you say so” he said with a wink before he disappeared into the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this took so long but I have just been swamped with work and school and the holidays! Which I know is no excuse for how long this has taken me. I also think I had a pretty bad case of writers block, but I've over come it at last! So thank you so much to those of you who are still subscribed and reading. And thank you to my new readers and their comments because that got me to start writing again more than anything. So start expecting updates more regularly because I'm back in the writing groove!

So comment and subscribe! Also, check out my other story "Messed Up Fairytale," I'm really starting to like it :)