Sequel: Vengeful and Accused
Status: Writing

Taken and Misused.

Too Insightful.

[Vaughn's POV]

I could not believe this, for two hours I had tried to find Stephen without Elisabeth noticing, which was hard since she was so damn insightful. Now I had to pull some lame lie out of nowhere to go and try to find Stephen. After getting out of the main ball room all I had to do was avoid the hired guards Semyon had walking through the halls. So far I had covered the first floor and was on the third floor, if Stephen wasn't on this floor then either I had missed a room or he wasn't even here. So help me God, if Stephen bailed on me I would find him and ring his neck.

A loud bang resounded through the hallway and made me stop in my tracks, thinking it was another guard. The bang sounded again and again, like someone trying to break down a door. As I approached the sound I also heard the voice of a very irritated Russian. I knew that voice.

“Stephen?” I asked, slightly nervous. If this wasn't Stephen I'd have to figure out some kind of excuse to get out of the trouble I would undoubtedly be in.

“Vaughn?” the banging stopped and I breathed a sigh of relief that it was Stephen.

“Yeah man, why are you locked in there?” I asked, “or do you just prefer to break doors down rather than use the door knob?”

“Do you really think now is the best time for smart ass remarks Vaughn?” Stephen asked, his voice breathless but I could still hear the hint of the Stephen I used to get into trouble with.

“Good point, gimme a second” I reached into the pocket on the inside of the tuxedo jacket and took out two little tools I always had on me. Lock picking needles. After a minute the lock clicked and Stephen opened the door.

“What took you so long to pick the lock” Stephen said, slightly annoyed.

“I haven't really been stealing any cars lately so forgive my rusty skills,” I replied with a frown.

Stephen didn't reply, instead he went back into the room he had been locked in and searched under the bed for something. “Is this your room and why were you locked in here?” I asked.

“Only when I am here, and when I asked my father to rethink his decision to kill both you and Elisabeth he thought it would be best for me to stay here for the night” he answered, pulling a small, black box that looked like it held a necklace out from under his bed.

“Whats that?” I asked, gesturing at the box.

“Our distraction” Stephen said, as he checked the contents of the box and then closed it once more.

“I thought a bomb would be bigger,” my tone wasn't exactly excited then I took in the tiny size of the box.

“Trust me, this thing will pack a punch Vaughn.” Stephen was placing he small box into his own pocket when he froze. “Vaughn, where is Elisabeth?”

I paused for a moment, how long had I been away from her? Probably ten minutes already. “Crap,” I muttered.

“You are such a idiot Vaughn, my father is planning on making a show of killing both of you and you leave her downstairs alone?! I bet he’s having a merry time introducing himself to her” Stephen said, both of us began to run down the halls.

“He’s already done that actually” I confessed and Stephen shot me a dirty look.

“Wonderful” Stephen said, his voice holding more sarcasm than what one word should be able to hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it :)

Comment and subscribe and I'll update faster!

And don't forget to check out my other story, "Messed Up Fairytale"!