Sequel: Vengeful and Accused
Status: Writing

Taken and Misused.

The Tango.

I held his challenging gaze for a moment then I finished off my eggs and hoped off the counter and motioned for him to follow me. I was going to have fun proving dance wasn’t as easy as he thought it was. Leading him into my dance studio I glanced back at him to see he was still staring at me, a glint of amusement in his eyes.

“So, are you ready to lose your dignity?” I asked, suddenly my attitude was cocky. Dance was the one thing I was wonderful at so I had room to get smug. Actually I was surprising myself, usually I was really soft spoken and shy.

“Just play some music” Vaughn said, stripping off his leather jacket and tossing it against the wall. My eyes were trapped when I noticed his shirt was tight and it showed that he was very much in shape, the ridges of his abs were evident from where I stood across the room. Vaughn cleared his throat loudly and grinned at me, I was caught in the act I noted, looking away quickly with a blush on my cheeks.

I pressed play on the sleek radio setting on a small table across the room and the rich sound of Gotan Project’s song, Santa Maria, filled the room. It was a tango beat, but I didn’t think it would matter to him. Mr. Dellmonte had been immersing Stephen and I in tango, when I had called my step-mom to make sure I was studying ballet she had informed me that I was going to this school to widen my skill of dance.

When I turned around to face him he was already dancing and I was surprised at what I saw. His movements were liquid, each step melting into the next as if he were doing a tango without a partner. His gaze burned into mine, only breaking when he did a series of complicated turns which looked like they belonged in one of those break dancing films but seemed to fit with the song. Vaughn slowly approached me as he danced, each step bringing him closer to me, I unconsciously stepped back and felt the cold mirror stop me from going further.

I couldn’t believe he could actually dance.

“Dance with me?” he asked, stopping in front of me with an eyebrow raised and a hand held out for mine.

I placed my hand in his and he twisted me into the circle of his arms, he slid his feet back, keeping my back pressed against his chest, his lips lingering by my ear. I followed each step, my eyes closed as I felt his movements. For some reason it was easier to follow him than Stephen. Vaughn suddenly spun me around in his arms, keeping me close the whole time then leaning me back into a dip that brought me inches from the floor. “Very dramatic” I managed to joke, my voice breathless. He just grinned and pulled me back up very slowly, his gaze never wavering from mine as his hands slowly rose up the sides of my body. I lifted my hands up and his fingers trailed along my arms until they locked with my hands and twirled me around, once more bringing our bodies together, leaving no space. Vaughn led me into a series of spins, both of us twirling like we were on top of a music box a small girl would have. He stopped and caught my leg under my knee and lifted it up to the side of his hip, his grin never leaving his lips. The song ended and I suddenly wished it hadn’t. Vaughn let go of me and I looked away from his smug expression.

“What did you say I was going to lose? Was it my dignity?” he teased, following me as I turned off the radio.

“I didn’t know you engaged in ‘twinkle-toeing’ as well” I said, turning around to find him standing behind me already.

“But you see, I don’t wear tights” he said, as if it was absolutely obvious and it excused him from any relation to ‘twinkle-toe’ dancing. He watched me as a frown spread over my lips at my distaste for his answer.

“Is that why you drive a mustang and wear a leather jacket? Because deep down you’re a dancer and you have to find something to secure your masculinity?” I said, crossing my arms and looking up at him.

My questions seemed to widen his smirk and he breathed a silent laugh. “I drive a mustang because I like to go fast, I wear leather because, well, it makes me look cool of course” he said, and I could tell he was mocking me slightly with his sarcasm. “And I have more than enough masculinity, I’m sure you caught that when you were staring at me earlier” he said, raising an eyebrow up as if he were daring me to deny it.

“Don’t flatter yourself, this room won’t be big enough for your ego if you keep building it up” I replied, knowing it wouldn’t do me any good to deny I had been staring at him. He chuckled and went to go get his leather jacket.

“Need a ride to your school?” he asked, sliding his arms through the sleeves of his jacket.

I glanced at the clock on the radio and noticed my class started in an hour. “No, I’ll be fine” I said, remembering the lecture I had gotten from my step-mom about never going with the driver she had hired to my dance lessons. Of course, I hadn’t told her I was getting driven to them by a guy in a mustang; I had told her I was utilizing the taxis of which New York had so many. “My step-mother has been kind enough to hire a driver for me” I said, my tone implying I did not fine it kind, I knew she was just trying to ensure I didn’t skip out of dance practice.

“Alright, will you be here at four o’clock?” Vaughn asked, tilting his head to the side slightly in a manner I had seen him do so many times in the few days I had known him.

“I will, are you going to tell me where we’ll be going?”

“Just don’t wear any of that frilly, lacy stuff, you’ll stick out like a sore thumb”

“A sore thumb?” I questioned, never having heard the phrase.

“Let’s just leave it at you’ll stick out” Vaughn said with obvious humor at my cluelessness.

“Alright, no frills, no lace, got it” I said, holding up a finger with each thing I said so I ended up with my thumb and pointer finger flicked out and my other fingers still in a fist.

“Good, see you soon Princess” he said with a wink, when he was gone the room was silent and uncomfortable. I left and hurried to get dressed, knowing better than to procrastinate. As I stepped out of my apartment building I was greeted by my driver, a bored looking man in a black suit who held my door open for me as I slid into the back seat.

“Good morning miss” he greeted.

“Good morning” I replied, my thoughts on what Vaughn would possibly rope me into tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much emmerrTIME, vituh418, and it's_electric for the comments! you guys are so awesome :D

While I'm on that note I think everyone should follow their lead and comment as well, because the more comments I get the more eager I am to write, just sayin'

Anyways, I know I've been straying away from ballet but it'll all make sense if you continue reading.

And here is Elisabeth's outfit for dance class: [x]