Anywhere but Here

Of Course I'll Be Your Girlfriend

I got into Connor's truck, "What happened back there?" he asked as he drove off.

"She called me a bitch." I shrugged.

"Why?" Conner questioned.

"She thinks that I stole Derek from her. I hate the guy. Why would I steal him for anyone?" I said getting angry.

Connor raised an eyebrow and asked, "Well why does she think that?"

"He keeps saying that he loves me." I growled. While his face kind of dropped. Connor and I had dated before. It was awkward. But we still kind of have feelings for each other.

"Oh." He said sadly.

"I don't love him back." I replied and he instantly perked up.

"Well that's good. He's a dick." He replied.

"Yep. So are we still going clubbing?" I questioned.

"Mhmm." Conner made a noise of agreement.

"Good. I need to clear my mind tonight." I said and he just laughed. Then my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

You punched Amanda? Jake, Brooks and Alex all texted me at the same time.

Yeah. She called me a bitch. I sent to all if them. Then Jake called me.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"I am so proud of you." Jake cooed on the other end of the line.

"Why?" I questioned.

"The whore needed somebody to hit her." He said.

"Funny, but I have to go so I'll talk to you later." I said.

"Okay. Be safe." He said sounding like a father instead of my brother.

"Okay. Daddy." I joked at his parent-like comment. Then I hung up saying "Jake is proud of me for hitting Amanda. That is so weird."

"It is." Conner replied as we pulled up to the street outside of Robot, the club that I was a usual visitor at since Connor's older brother owned it and I bar-tended here five days of the week. We walked hand in hand, not like dating holding hands but as friends, up to the club.

"Hey, Carl." I said hugging the bouncer at the door.

"Hey." he said back then I walked in smiling to the sound of the girls outside complaining about me getting in, "Does the owner have you guys on speed dial?"

"Yes." I heard a few of them reply. I laughed quietly at that.

"Likely." I could tell Carl was out there rolling his eyes at them and there skimpy outfits.

I went straight to Marcus' office, "Hey!" I said as he stood up to give me and Connor each a hug.

"Its nice to see you both here." Marcus said sitting back in his chair.

"When do the new schedules come out?" I asked.

"Tomorrow. I just printed them though. If you want yours now?" Marcus said.

"Yeah. That'd be cool." I said as he handed me a piece of paper with all of the employees names on it on a calendar, "Thanks. But I'm going to go party. So I'll see you later."

"Okay. Bye." he said as I walked put of the room without Connor but a few seconds later Connor came out and snaked his arm around my waist. We act like such a couple. Why can we act like this but we can't date. It kind of frustrates me actually.

"I'll go get us something to drink." Conner said pointing toward the bar.

"Okay. I'm going to go talk to Laine." I said pointing toward the DJ stand. Laine was the coolest DJ ever. He had been working here forever and he helped me get my job. I walked up the stairs to the DJ station, "Hey." I said then hugged him.

"Do you work tonight?" Laine questioned.

"Nope. I just need to get my mind off of a few things." I replied.

"Like what?" He asked then he held up his index finger to tell me to wait as the song ended, "Woah! That track is sweet. Let's play something a little different though." he said switching a Katy Perry song to a 3OH3 song, "Now what's on your mind?" he questioned when he was finished.

I sat down in the chair next to Laine, "Derek told me he loves me, and he kissed me. I punched Amanda for calling me a bitch. And I'm so frustrated that me and Connor can't make our relationship work. I mean we still kiss and hug and act like a couple but it's too freaking awkward to be a couple." I explained really frustrated.

"Connor is just an awkward person. And everyone knows that you are a couple even though you say you're not." Laine said skipping the Derek part over.

"But I want him to say he wants to be a couple. I mean I was fine with us being a couple. He's the one that found it awkward." I said.

"Tell him that. And I thought you and Derek hated each other." Laine said adding the Derek thing in.

"We do. And I told him that. And he said that he doesn't hate me, he loves me." I said.

"That's crazy." Laine said.

"I know. But I'm going to go dance." I replied getting up from my seat.

"Okay. Bye. I'll be watching." Laine said

"You're a creeper." I said after hugging him and walking back down the stairs to see Connor waiting for me, "We need to talk." I said to Conner.

"I know. Christina, I love you. I always will. I'm tired of just going around acting like we're dating. Will you be my girlfriend?" Conner questioned taking my hands in his.

"Yes! Of course." I squealed kissing him gently.

"What did you want to talk about?" Conner questioned.

"What you just did." I replied smiling ear to ear.

"Oh." he said as he leaned down and I stood on my tippy toes to kiss eachother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER. Laine is my favorite character.
But did you likey? Dislikey? Tell me.

Love or hate Christina.