Status: in progress // updates will be slow due to computer problems.

You're My Special Little Lady

Eleven.

"Uh," I said stupidly, "I'm gonna have to call you back, uh, later." Peter was silent for a long moment.

"Okay." I quickly hit 'end' and dropped the phone back to the table, wide eyes blinking.

"Katie?" Justin said, looking at me in confusion, "what did he say?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." I replied, our gazes locking. Anger flared in his expression.

"Oh." He looked to the book in his lap. Oh? What the hell is oh supposed to mean? There was an awkward silence; he wouldn't even look at me.

What was I supposed to say? I was pretty convinced I had feelings for Justin. But, I wasn't ready to just throw everything out there - I wasn't ready to move to the next level with him. Just the thought of losing him made me sick. But I knew dating Peter would hurt him.

I was torn.

"You're gonna say no, right?" He asked suddenly, looking up. I bit my lip.

"I dunno." I mumbled, looking down. "I, uh, might say yes." I can almost hear his heart breaking.

Fuck my life.

"Oh." Damn it, don't guys know a better response then oh? He stood, and for a moment I honestly thought he was gonna freaking kiss me again, but he didn't, and just walked right past me. I whirled around, watching as he stomped toward the bathroom. I could tell just by his posture that he was mad. I rushed forward, wrapping my arms around him from behind, lying my head on his back. He tensed.

"Justin," I began, sighing, "I know someday, we're gonna try this whole...dating thing. But..."

"Why not today?" He said under his breath, turning slightly to looking behind him.

"I'm not ready." I answered honestly. "I'm afraid. I can't just put everything we have on the line like that."

"When will you be ready?"

"I don't know." I said, lifting my head. "It could be years before I think it's time for us to be something."

"Years?" He repeated, voice strained, a frown on his face.

"I can't be single forever, Justin." I said, gulping. "How do I even know we're meant to be?" He turned to face me, my arms dropping to my sides. "Maybe we're only supposed to be friends."

"No." He said immediately. "Friends don't feel something when they kiss." I blushed, looking away from him. "Katie, look at me." He sighed. I did so, the red on my cheeks only getting worse. "Y-You can date whoever you want," he paused, "even if I don't like them," I cracked a small smile, "But just promise me something."

"Anything."

"Promise we will try someday. I don't care if I have to wait years, I just wanna know if it's okay to be in love with you, or if I should move on." My breath caught. I opened my mouth to answer, but no words would form.

Justin was in love with me.
My best friend was in love with me.

And I was turning him down.

I tried to fight the tears gathering in my eyes, but they came and fell against my control. His eyes softened and he went to speak, but I cut him off. "I promise." I whispered, voice cracking. He pulled me against him in an embrace. I slowly returned the hug, burying my face in his shoulder.

"Why does this feel so right?" He said, making me shiver. I closed my eyes.

"I have to call him back." I said, his grip momentarily tightening. He sighed heavily, pulling back.

"Fine." I stepped around him to the table, but as I went to grab my phone, he said, "Wait." I turned my head, looking at him.

"What?" He hesitated. The look in his eyes made me nervous. They weren't the famous horny eyes - no, far from it. They were glowing, sparkling with something I couldn't place.

"One last kiss." He said, suprising me.

"Justin-" I began objecting, but he spoke.

"Just one." He said. "Please." He whispered, fists clenching at his sides. My mind was filled with thoughts.

Say no; it'll only cause more drama.
Say yes; it's just one kiss and he deserves it.

"Okay." I blurted out before my mind processed it. My stomach exploded with butterflies as he approached. His hand cupped my cheek as he leaned in. My heart slammed against my ribcage at a dangerously fast rate.

"Smile for me." He murmured, lips brushing mine. I did, unable to hold it back. His other hand found my waist and he pulled me closer, his lips finding mine. I was blinded by fireworks and the butterflies went absolutely crazy as my eyes closed. I returned the kiss carefully, hesitantly. His lips moved slowly against mine, passion surging through the kiss. His hand on my cheek moved to the back of my head, gripping my hair before he pulled away. He pressed his forehead to mine. I kept my eyes closed. "I love you." He whispered.

I always thought he meant that he loved my like a friend, you know, cause he's my best friend. Now that I know he's meant it differently all this time...I don't know what to say. Of course I loved him, but was I in love with him? I'm not saying no, but I'm not saying yes either. My heart and mind are too confused to make a decision like that right now.

"I love you, too." I said, forcing my eyes open. Although, the meaning behind my words were unknown even to me, I smiled.

Maybe I'll just call Peter tomorrow.

How I was able to sleep last night was beyond me. I, for one, slept with Justin, as usual. There was only one bed in the hotel room, after all. I had been thinking for hours straight, but eventually, sleep did find me. Justin went off to do some celebrity stuff, but I stayed behind. He didn't want me to, his overprotectiveness kicking in, so I now how two body guards standing outside the door. It doesn't bother me though. I'm not planning on going out today. But, I did plan on calling Peter.

"Hello?" His voice answered after only one ring.

"Yes." I said quickly. I could feel his confusion. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

"Oh!" He exclaimed. "Really? Are you serious?"

"Yeah." I giggled. "I'm serious."

"Wow." He said. "You know, I thought you were gonna say no. You never called back and all. I was kinda scared."

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Don't be," He said, a smile in his voice. "girlfriend." I laughed.

"Okay, boyfriend."

Peter and Katie.
Katie and Peter.

Justin and Katie.
Katie and Justin.

I couldn't decided which sounded better. Or which put a bigger smile on my face. I couldn't.

"Hey."

"Huh?" I snapped back. "Did you say something?"

"Well," he began, "I actually - oh, uh..."

"Peter?" I said, eyebrows furrowing. I heard new voices on the line.

And outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
ON SNAP.

I KNOW A LOT OF YOU HATE ME RIGHT NOW.
SORRY GUISE D;

But this is how it's supposed to happen.

Seriously. I don't want Peter and Katie together either xD but they have to be for the story to progress. :)

So.....comment! :D

&& I'm sorry about an errors. I'm on my mom's computer - AKA, no spell check -.-