Status: in progress // updates will be slow due to computer problems.

You're My Special Little Lady

Nine.

The next couple weeks were...different.

Justin was pinned to my side the entire time, never letting me out of his site. Peter had called to check on me and we've been talking since then. Justin told me he doesn't like him very much – that he gets a bad vibe from him. I rolled my eyes, said he was jealous, and didn’t listen to him after that.

“Justin,” I said, shaking him. He didn’t move. “Get your lazy ass up. You have stuff to do.” His eyes fluttered open, narrowing at me.

We have stuff to do. Not just me.” I sighed, shaking my head.

“Right. Let’s go, we’re gonna be late.”

Justin was being extremely clingy. When I said he never let me out of his site, I meant it. The only time we weren’t together was when one of us was showering or going to the bathroom. Any guy that even looked at me got dirty looks from him. And from his body guards, which scared all cute guys away. Which basically meant I was going to be single for, like, the rest of my life.

You can see why I’m annoyed with this.

He rose from the bed, stretching as he stood. He ruffled my hair as he passed me, giving me a sleepy grin. I swatted him away, fixing my hair as he closed the bathroom door. I sat at the edge of the bed, flipping my phone open. I had a new text. I bit my lip, smiling; it was Peter.

Good morning. :)

Morning. =) We weren’t in Florida anymore. We had let Florida quickly after the incident, moving on to North Carolina, where we were now. The only way I could talk to him was through text and calls. I was beginning to like him. Like-like. I haven’t mentioned it to Justin, but he’s a little suspicious. (And jealous.)

What’s up?

Nothing. Getting ready for Justin’s interviews and such.

He’s still clingy, huh? I had told him a couple of times how attached Justin had gotten. He understood why it bothered me. I think he likes me. Grinning at my thoughts, I replied.

Yeah. I understand why and everything. He’s just protective. He loves me. I hesitated for a moment before sending it.

I think it’s a little more than that. Furrowing my eyebrows, I answered.

What’s that supposed to mean?

Nothing. Listen, I gotta go. Bye. Frowning, I pushed my phone in my pocket. He always did that – just suddenly having to go. It annoyed me, but whatever. I’m not his girlfriend yet, so I don’t have a say in what he does. It’s his life.

“Hey.” Justin’s voice hit my ears. “You okay?” I looked up, blinking as he walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, shirtless. I guess I stared longer than I should have; he tilted my chin up, smirking. “My eyes are up here.” He was close, I noticed, closer than he had been a moment ago. His breath hit my lips and I swallowed, forcing my eyes to roll as I pushed him away.

“Don’t flatter yourself. I wasn’t looking.”

“Whatever you say.” He stood straight, strutting over to his suitcase. He pulled his clothes out, looking over his shoulder to me. “I’m naked under this towel, you know.” My eyebrows rose. “And unless you wanna see what no other girl has seen before, I suggest you look away.”

“You’re such a creep.” I said, covering my eyes. “You have ten seconds to cover up.”

“You’re ridiculous.” I began my countdown, laughing as he began rushing. I peeked out, catching him pulling his jeans up, still shirtless. I dropped my hands, grinning at him.

“And, you know, I have seen you naked before.”

“I know.” He ran the towel through his hair, muscles flexing. “You’re staring again.” I looked up, glaring as he smirked again.

“Was not.”

“Yes, you were.” He sat beside me, arm wrapping around my shoulders, pulling me into him.

“Yuck, go put a shirt on.”

“Shut up. You love it.”

“Oh, yeah, Justin. I love your abs. So sexy.” I ran my hand down his chest, smirking as he froze. “Is this bothering you?” I whispered, leaning closer. He swallowed, eyes darting down to my lips before locking with mine.

“No.” He said, hands finding my waist as he pulled me closer, turning to face me completely. The lower my hands got, the closer he pulled me. I was straddling him after a short moment. He lied back against the couch, looking up at me with clouded, lust filled (horny) eyes. I leaned down, my hands pressed against the couch on either side of his head, the smirk still on my face.

“You’re horny.” I said, laughing. “You’re such a boy. You get turned on so fast.”

“Shut up.” He growled. “It’s not my fault you’re teasing me.”

“I’m not teasing you. I’m just sitting on you.” He rolled his eyes. “And touching you. But I touch you all the time.”

“Mmm.” He hummed, hands trailing from my waist to my back, slipping under my shirt as he brought me closer. “Not like this.” He murmured, lips brushing mine. His half closed eyes watched me closely; he was making me nervous. I knew by that sparkle that he wanted to kiss me. But that couldn’t happen. I started pulling back, smirk falling slightly. “No.” He said, voice low as his grip tightened.

“Justin,” I started, voice shaking, “we’re late for your interview–”

“I don’t care.” He replied, voice husky. He was able to flip us, so I was pinned beneath him to the couch, our bodies pressed together.

“Stop, stop.” I said, trying to push him away. “You can’t–”

“Can’t what?” He interrupted, his face hovering mine. I stuttered, blushing.

“You, uh, you can’t…can’t, uhm…” I trailed off, unable to come up with a response. What was I supposed to say? That he can’t kiss me? Knowing him, he’d probably get mad and kiss me anyway. I turned my head away as he leaned closer.

“Katie…” He grumbled, turning my face to him. “Let me kiss you.”

“No.” I said immediately, shaking my head. He’s my best friend. He can’t kiss me. If something happened between us, what would happen? We’d date, break up, and then never speak to each other again. I wouldn’t let that happen. I won’t lose him.

“Why?” He whispered.

“I-I can’t…I can’t lose you. I can’t.”

“You won’t lose me.” He said, confused.

“If we ever dated,” I began, “just think about what would happen–”

“I am.” He smiled. “It doesn’t seem that bad.” I crinkled my nose at him, blushing.

“Think about if we broke up.” He stayed silent. “You know we won’t be able to stay friends through that.” I was finally able to wiggle out from underneath him, flopping onto the ground. He looked down at me, sighing as he helped me stand.

“I guess you’re right.” He said. “Maybe we’re only meant to be friends.”

“I’m not saying that.” I said quickly, catching his interest. I fumbled with my hands. “I mean, someday, maybe we could be…something. Just…not now.” I looked up, into his eyes. He bit his lip, nodding. I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my head against his shoulder. Hugging him probably wasn’t the best thing to do right now, but I couldn’t just walk away from him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, burying his face in my hair.

“I guess I understand.” He said after a moment, sighing. “Love you, Katie.” It wasn’t awkward to hear him say it, even after what just happened.

“Love you too, Jus–”

He cut me off before I could finish.

By kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAM.

I thought you guys deserved some flirting after all the time I haven't updated. And a kiss. :D

So tadaaaa~

Comments are beautiful.