Let's Sleep Till the Sun Burns Out

Chapter 18

*Frank’s POV*

I have to admit, Sonny isn’t that bad looking. But even still, he’s not my type.

“I’m Frank,” I say introducing myself

I shake his hand and he looks at me fearfully. Why the hell is he scared?

“Umm. I’ll show you around,” Mikey says, leading Sonny into the other room

“Yeah, he’s definitely a tweaker,” Gerard states, wrapping his arms around Adam

“Gerard, did you see how scared he was of me?” I ask sitting on the couch

“Yeah, I noticed that, he did sort of avoid eye contact with you the whole time.” Adam says snuggling into Gerard’s arms.

I hear Mikey walk Sonny back into the living room. “So, do you want to join us watching the movie?”

Sonny shuffled his feet. “Umm, actually, I think I’m going to go upstairs and take a shower. I feel kind of gross.” he answers after glancing at me wrapping my arms around Mikey and walks out of the room.

“Well, lets play the movie again,” Mikey says sitting on the recliner

“Actually Mikes, we all think there’s something weird about Sonny.” I say sitting on the arm of the chair.

“What do you mean?” he asks, shifting uncomfortably

“Well is Sonny scared of me?”

Now Mikey just looks guilty. “What, why would he be afraid of you?”

“That’s what I want to know. Do I look scary to you?” I ask sliding onto his lap

“No babe, you don’t look scary, he’s just younger than everyone else and he’s pretty hurt from his mother and father disowning him. Give him a break, he came to my work today completely hysterical because he didn’t know where he was going to sleep tonight” he answers

“Okay, geese, you don’t have to defend him like you like him or something!” I snap in his ear and follow up with a small peck on his forehead. He nestles his chin in my shoulder and grabs a hold of my hand.

Just then, Sonny walks in and sits down on the floor. He looks like a completely different person without all that eye makeup.

“I just wanted to say thank you guys for letting me stay here. I’ll be out of your hair before too long.”

“No Sonny, please don’t feel in a hurry to get out, you can stay here as long as you want.” I say, trying to be hospitable. He’s Mikey’s friend, so I may as well be nice to him.

He glances back at him and smiles shyly. “Okay, it’s nice to know that you guys don’t mind me being here, but I still don’t want to intrude.”

As I open my mouth to respond, we hear a knock on the door. I climb off of Mikey’s lap and open it to see Bob and Ray standing on our porch.

“You guys want to live with us too? You may have to sleep in the backyard.” I joke, stepping aside to let them in.

Bob laughs until he catches sight of Sonny. “Did somebody have a son?” he asks, glancing across the room, earning a giggle from Ray and a glare from Mikey.

“This is Sonny. He works with me, Sonny, this is Bob and Ray.” Mikey introduces them, gritting his teeth. Sonny stands up to shake hands with them

“So Sonny, if you don’t mind me asking, why did you get kicked out?” I chime in, trying to break the awkwardness, but I quickly realize that I only made it worse.

“Well. Uh, I told my mom and dad that I dropped out of high school and they said they don’t want a failure as a son, so they kicked me out.”

Wow, most of the guys live here because we’re gay and our parents are a bunch of homophobes!

“So your straight?” I add on

“Yes.” he mutters

Well at least I know he won’t be after my Mikey.

I glance over to Mikey to see his disappointed face.

What the hell?!