Let's Sleep Till the Sun Burns Out

Chapter 20

*Mikey’s POV*

Damn, Gerard was grouchy tonight, but then again, I did interrupt his “important” conversation with Adam. I think to myself as I wrap the left-over pizza in aluminum foil for the night. I’m pretty sure it will disappear tomorrow.

“Do you want some help cleaning up in here?” Sonny asks coming in from the living room.

“I thought you were asleep. Did I wake you?” I ask, wiping the counter down.

“No, I couldn’t sleep, too uncomfortable,” he says, motioning to his clothes.

“Oh that’s right, fuck, I’m sorry! Do you want me to get you some pajamas?”

He smiles, “Yeah, that would be great.”

“Sure, let me just go upstairs so I don’t wake up Frank up”

I walk up the stairs to grab him an old t-shirt that I use for bed and a random pair of pajama bottoms.

“You know where the bathroom is,” I say, tossing him the clothes.

Hopefully this will be an opportunity for me to learn more about his past, but I’m sure the rest of the guys think I already know about him, seeing as “we work together”

“It’s kind of chilly, can we have some hot cocoa or coffee or something?” he asks, sitting down across the table after changing.

“Yeah, sure” I can feel his eyes on me as I prepare the drinks

“So,” I say, handing him his cup. “Tell me a little about yourself,”

“Well, my dad was proud to have me as a son until he became convinced that I was gay and that I’d turn out to be the biggest mistake of his life” he scoffs, sipping his coffee

“Wow, what a bastard” I say trying really hard to keep my eyes on his face and my mind on our conversation at hand.

“Yeah, and my mom wouldn’t get mad at me, she’d get mad at him, so they split up and she moved out, my dad got remarried, and my house became my own personal hell.”

Wow, he fits right in with the rest of us here.

“Not to be rude or anything, but why didn’t you move in with your mom if you get along so well?”

He is so honest with me, it’s almost as if he looks up to my as…as a brother.

“Well, she moved to California.”

“Oh…” Time to change the subject. Quickly.

“So, how long have you been straight?” Damnit Mikey you fucking idiot!

Sonny raises an eyebrow, smiling slightly “What?”

“I mean….well I don’t know what I mean, I’m just so used to everyone in this house being gay I guess.” I quickly apologize.

“It’s okay, really” he giggles “My turn to ask you question! How long have you and Frank been together?” he counters, finishing off the last of his coffee.

“Not too terribly wrong, but I love him, and I guess that’s all that really matters. Right?” I sigh, grabbing the cups to put in the dishwasher.

“Yeah, but I hope I didn’t make the wrong impression on him.” I hear him sigh

“No, you didn’t, don’t worry.”

“Okay, well I’m going to bed. And thanks for letting me borrow your car tomorrow, I’ll be sure to save you a some” he smiles

“Okay Sonny, sleep well.”

[[A/N thanks for reading guys!
-Love Emily]]