Let's Sleep Till the Sun Burns Out

Chapter 30

*Sonny’s POV*

I begin the seemingly long walk back to the bathroom to get my lazy ass in the shower. Get over yourself Sonny, you let Matt go, its only natural that someone like him would easily replace you. You should probably do the same, but who would love you?

I let the water cascade down my back and over my body. Its amazing how different I feel now that I am going to see Matt with his new boyfriend. He isn’t mine anymore and he is so far out of reach he will probably never be mine again.

Its funny, ever since Matt and I split up I have been numb, partially as a result of the drugs but mostly because of the heartbreak. And now as I stand here staring at the wall like an idiot, all of the pain is catching up to me and it hurts, but I cant cry.

I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist. Hold it together for one night is all I have to do.

I dig in my dresser and pull out a random outfit that I recently bought at the local mall, run a comb through my hair and apply my eyeliner. I have to be positive that Adam is sure about tonight before we leave.

“Hey Adam?” I ask tapping on the door.

“Yeah come in.”

I open the door to see Adam sitting on the edge of the bed in nothing but a pair of jeans.

“Hey Sonny, Gerard’s in the shower he should be out shortly.” He says with a smile. Adam and Gerard are the only ones who I can really trust in this house.

“Are you sure you are okay with Gerard coming with me tonight because if you aren’t then I can just tell Matt the truth” I say wringing my hands partially dreading the answer.

“Sonny, its fine, I know that you would do the same to any of us no worries, besides, we don’t want you to look like a complete idiot.”

And here comes Gerard fully dressed, his long black hair sticking to his face.

“Well babe, we will be back shortly I love you.” He says kissing Adam on the cheek as we walk out the door to the car.

*10 Minutes Later*

“Are you nervous?” He asks as we pull into the parking lot of a quiet little Italian restaurant . That’s a stupid question.

“Only slightly.” I say sarcastically motioning to my shaking hands.

“ Don’t be, you’ll do fine.” He says with a giggle.

Easier said then done.

We walk in to see Matt and his date in a booth in the far corner of the restaurant.

“Hey Sonny, long time no see.” He jokes with a smile.

The same smile that I fall in love with every time I see it.

“Yeah sure,” I mumble sitting down next to Gerard right before my knees begin to shake terribly.

“I hope Pepsi is okay, the waiter was kind of a jerk so we just got everyone’s drink.” Matt’s boyfriend says with a smile. At least he isn’t the anti-social type.

“No that’s fine. That’s perfect.” Gerard says with a matching smile.

I should be sitting next to Matt not this guy, he is where I belong, at Matt’s side.

“So Sonny, this is my boyfriend Derek, Derek this is my ex Sonny. “ He says introducing us. I lean across the table to shake his hand. He seems like a nice enough guy.

“How long have you two been together?” Gerard asks out of desperation to get a conversation going.

“That’s kind of a funny story,” Matt begins.

A story that I am sure I don’t want to hear. I engage myself in digesting the salad placed in front of me by a waitress with long blonde hair and green eyes who was openly gawking at me.

“We actually met after me and Sonny split up, Derek here help me get over him.:”

“Obviously.” I grumble a little bit too loud causing Matt and Derek to stare and Gerard fidgets in his seat.

“What?” Matt asks looking at me calmly.

“You know what? I’m sorry, I’m going home Matt, you have no idea how good it was to see you again, Gerard isn’t my boyfriend, I don’t have one. To tell you the truth Matt I am not over you, not even close, the only reason I told you I have a boyfriend is so that you don’t think that I am in capable of getting over you. Congratulations Derek, I hope that you and Matt are happy together and that you treat him wonderfully. Better then I did, the whole time we were together I only did one thing right and that was to tell him I love him every night and mean it. You have the best man in the world, I should know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long
<3 Emily