Let's Sleep Till the Sun Burns Out

Chapter 33

*Matt’s POV*

My heart is racing, my hands are shaking, my palms are sweating. Honestly, I don’t know why I’m so damn nervous, I already know Sonny loves me back, but I just can’t help but to be uneasy.

Right now, I’m sitting on an ugly floral print couch in a small corner of the dimly lit Starbucks, the aroma of coffee surrounding me. Luckily, there are only a few other people here, two business men in matching blue suits, a middle aged woman typing on her laptop, a teenage couple sucking each other’s faces off in the corner opposite me, and a few random workers who look like they have much better things to do, but still no Sonny.

I’m starting to have doubts about all of this; I don’t even know what I’m going to say to him. Fuck, I don’t even know if he’s even going to show up. Maybe everything he told me at dinner was a lie, maybe that Gerard guy really is him boyfriend and they just wanted to have a good laugh as my life falls apart for the second time.

All my doubts, however, are washed away when the door dings, signaling the room that someone has entered. I turn my head and see him walk though the single glass door. His eyes and puffy and bloodshot, his clothes wrinkled, and his hair disarray. But even so, he still looks beautiful.

The thin line of eyeliner underneath his eyes brings out the vibrant green color of them, his jeans cling to his too-thin frame, his hair has been dyed black and red, he’s stunning, as always.

His eyes meet mine and a small smile plays on his lips. He saunters over to me, his shoulders slumped forward and his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. He takes a seat next to me looks up, expectantly, to meet my gaze once again.

“Uh um, I got you some coffee if you want,” I stutter, holding out the hot drink I’d gotten for him.

“Thanks,” he softly says, grabbing the cup and putting it to his lips. “So….why’d you want to talk?” he questions hesitantly, tilting his head slightly to the side.

“Erm, it’s about what you said at dinner…” I begin. He bites his lip and trails his eyes to the floor. “Well it reall-” I’m cut off by his voice.

“Look, I’m so sorry, I just love you so much,” his eyes start to water, “and, I know you’ll probably never feel the same about me again,” he makes a sound as if he’s suppressing a sob, “and I want you to be happy, even if it’s with Derek instead of me,” he sighs and a few stray tears run down his pastel cheek, “and if I can’t be your boyfriend again, I really want to be your friend,” he finishes.

“I don’t want to be your friend, Sonny,” I sniffle, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. His face falls even more and the tears run faster down his face. “I want to be your boyfriend,” I tell him, placing my hand over his.

He furrows his eyebrows together and looks at me in disbelief, “but what about Derek?” he asks.

“I broke up with him. I love you, Sonny.” I shrug.

I expect him to ask another question, but instead he lunges himself into my lap. I wrap my arms around his waist as he does to me. “I love you too,” he smiles. After about 10 minutes staying in this position, his head resting on my shoulder, his warm breath tickling my neck, we speak again.

“So….does this mean we’re together again?” he asks finally, lifting his head so his eyes meet mine.

“Well, if you want to be, I do.”

“Of course I do!” he exclaims. “I’ve missed you so much, I thought about you every day,” he confesses. I grin and lean my head down, connecting our lips for the first time in all too long. I feel him smile into the kiss and his lips dance against mine, my heart flutters at the feel of his lips pressed up to mine, until unwillingly, I pull away for breath. There’s just one more thing, unfortunately a total mood killer.

“Um, Sonny?” I get his attention, turning the subject to more serious things. He looks up at me, telling me to continue. “Are-are you still using?” I inquire. He’s quiet for a few minutes.

“I’ll stop for you,” he assures me. I accept that answer and nod my head and grab hold of his hand.

“So do you wanna come back to my place, well to where I’m staying, you can meet my friends,” he invites.

“Sure,” I agree. We get up, leaving our coffees, which have gone cold, and walk out of Starbucks, our hands still attached, causing us to earn a glare from one of the businessmen. I shrug it off and we walk out into the freezing cold, and I follow him to his house.

Once we get there, he holds the door open for me, motioning me in, where I see who I recognize to be Gerard, straddling some blonde-haired guy on the couch and eating his face, I’m pretty sure I can see their tongues entwined…

Sonny clears his throat to get their attention, even though it looks like you’d need a crowbar to get those two apart. But, their flustered faces snap up to look at us standing in the doorway. “Oh, hi,” Gerard greets, his lips are swollen from making out.

Sonny giggles, “Matt, you’ve met Gerard, and this his boyfriend, Adam. Adam, Gee, this is my boyfriend, Matt.” He introduces.

They smile and wave hello. “So where are Frank and Mikey?” Sonny asks. How many people live here?? Damn.

“Fucking,” Adam replies simply, to which Gerard nods in agreement. I however, blush at their blunt honesty.

“Um you wanna go to my room?” Sonny wonders, hopefully. I accept the invitation seeing as it’s pretty obvious that Gerard and Adam want to get back to what they were doing.

We move down to the basement, I’m assuming that’s Sonny’s room, he lets me in and it is totally trashed. Clothes have been thrown everywhere, crumpled up paper litters the floor, a couple drawers are askew, their contents somewhere on the floor, I also see scribbles and unreadable writing on his mirror in eyeliner, the covers of his bed are scattered everywhere, and I can’t help but to stare in awe.

“I’m uh not good at handling things,” he answers my silent question, scratching his head.

“Better than I do,” I accidently mumble. Luckily, he doesn’t notice, or if he doesn’t say anything if he did hear me.

“I’m really glad we’re back together, you know?” he tells me, randomly.

“So am I,” I grin, “I love you,”

“I love you too, and I missed saying that to you, a lot.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Adam and Gee are still my favorite couple in this story.
But I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW!!!!
*evil laugh*