Status: Oneshot.

The Fantasy

In your mind, through your eyes, do you see? It's the fantasy.

Jane was the definition of a social outcast from the view point of nearly every single person around her; in this school building where nothing seemed real, where nothing seemed like it really existed...

Nobody attempted to befriend her, converse with her; they stayed at bay.

Her nickname was Jane Doe, because it was true; nobody really knew her and didn't try to, either. She wasn't anything to take much notice of, and people didn't. Jane was just sort of...there, and without reason.

She sat at a table at lunch by herself, just like every day she spent here at the school. For now she was engaged in a book- a story about a girl much like herself.

In this book, life was not like what people would consider normal, and took her away to a place where she'd never be permitted to go. People were talking, dogs were barking, laughter filled the air; it was something called a park, and Jane only knew what it was based on description. Crisp air, cool grass, clear sky; the perfect day. She didn't know that from experience, though, and just the text.

Jane could almost forget she was alone, for she she heard Laura's voice; it seemed feasible, at least in her mind.

"Hello, Jane," Laura spoke, her voice angelic and smooth, "Nice to see you again."

"You, too," Jane replied precipitously, "Nice to see you again as well."

Jane felt at one with Laura; one person who didn't disparage her, but rather made her feel alive- made her feel more affable. It was a priority in her mind, and the high point of her day.

"Jane, don't listen to the people who've called you insane, who've labeled you insane. Just listen to me, I'm your friend."

The girl nodded, not knowing what could be wrong with her, not knowing if something was wrong with her as it is.

"Good girl."

No answer.

"There, you see? You're not crazy, Jane, you're not crazy..." Her voice trailed off, and was silenced.

"No, no! Come back!" Jane screamed, twisting and turning from her seat in what she thought was a cafeteria.

"Jane, Jane!" A female yelled, pinning her arms down while another woman dressed in white repeated the action to her legs. "Wake up!"

"I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy!" Jane yelled, pointing beside her in the bed she was lying in.

"Come on now, time for your medicine. Don't worry, Jane, you may be able to improve your condition. All of that was a fantasy, Jane; not real, made up. You were hallucinating, and hearing someone who doesn't exist."

"Laura, come back! " Jane yelled, " I was at school reading, and Laura was there! Right, Laura, remember?!"

"No, Jane; you weren't at school, you weren't reading. There's nobody here but you, me, and your therapist Miss Krinz. No Laura, no school, no reading; it was a fantasy."

The nurse handed the girl two small, white pills and a cup of water that she used to swallow the pills with. She did so at once, handing back the cup.

"Hello, Jane," Laura spoke. "Don't listen to them, you're not insane."

No answer.

"Time for therapy, Jane," Miss Krintz said to the girl, but she was too gone to even hear her.

"Jane, don't listen to her; don't let her tell you what to do. Punish her, kill her."

"Laura I..I.." she trailed off, but then it clicked.

Laura's words sent her into a rampage, as she attacked Miss Krintz by grabbing her around her throat.

"Not crazy, not crazy!" She screamed, her eyes filled with a rage that even seemed a little unhuman.

"Jane, no!" The nurse yelled, prying Jane's hands off of the therapist.

Even as this was done, she didn't stop. Words were no longer coming from her mouth, but rather growl-like sounds. In a way, she seemed like a monster, but was merely a seventeen year old girl in a psychiatric ward; a person labeled unstable for society.

The nurse turned her back for a second as a man came in with a sedative, seeing as Jane was clearly out of control. During those few seconds, though, she was able to get her hands back on her therapist, trying with all of her might to fulfill what Laura had ordered her to do.

"Kill her, kill her, kill her."

Miss Krintz's air supply was cut off in such a short amount of time because of the amount of strength that was constricting her. She was asphyxiated, and her body was carelessly dropped. The man with the sedative couldn't get the needle into her until the act was complete, and it was too late.

"That's a good girl, Jane," Laura said to her, "A very good girl."

Jane's mind then went black as the sedative took control, and she lost the "control" of herself that she had.

The truth was, though, that the control was nonexistent; she lost it to the voice in her head...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah.
We're all a little insane.
Comments make my day.