Sequel: I've Never Told A Lie
Status: Editing. Be patient.ffffffffffffff

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Jasey Rae

Jasey Rae POV

I drove home in my red convertible, everything totally normal. My red Pantech Matrix rang, singing out Blink-182. I looked at the screen and it was Mom, so I picked it up.

"Hey Mom. What's up?" I asked.

"Jasey Rae, get your butt home! I've got a surprise for you!" she told me.

"Alright, fine." I replied breezily and hung up.

I finally reached my house. I ran upstairs, dropped my red bag on my bed, kicked off my blue Converse sneakers, and plopped on the bed. I grabbed the remote to my iPod speakers and New Found Glory started playing.

"Hey Jase." said a voice. I turned and saw a boy I thought I'd never have to see again. Jack Evers.

"ALEX GASKARTH?!?!" I screamed.

"In the flesh." he smirked.

He'd changed a lot, though he still had some of his basic features. Tall, skinny, lanky, brunette, dark eyes, pale skin. Except he must have grown three feet since that summer and his hair was long, messy and in his eyes.

He was wearing a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans and black high tops.

"Hey, where's my hug?" he smiled cockily.

"You're not getting one." I snapped.

"Fine." he sighed dramatically. He walked over to my dresser. "You like Blink-182?" he asked, a smile growing on his face.

"Yes. Why." I answered tonelessly.

"I love them!" he replied enthusiastically.

"Who asked you?" I shot back.

"No one. But my band happens to be heavily influenced by them." he replied innocently.

"You're in a band?" I asked skeptically.

"Hell yeah! All Time Low!" he smirked. I knew all about All Time Low. They were an okay, partial cover band that was always played in Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch and I highly doubted a douche bag like Alex could get in it.

"Show me." I challenged. He reached into his back pocket and took out a picture.

"That's Jack, our guitarist, Rian, our drummer, Zack, our bassist, and me." he explained, pointing as he talked.

Jack looked similar to Alex, except he had darker hair and was lankier and had bright blond streaks in his dark brown hair. Zach was muscular had short blond hair. And Rian had brown hair that was buzzed short.

"And what do you do?" I asked.

"Guitar and vocals." he replied smoothly.

"Can you leave now?" I snapped.

"Make me!" he laughed. I pinched him on the arm. "Ow! Ouch! Okay, I'm going!" he said, walking out with his hands raised. I walked downstairs sometime later and saw Mom at the kitchen table

"Hey Mom." I grinned.

"How'd it go over with Jack?" she asked.

"Not good. He couldn't stop flirting with me for two seconds." I replied.

"Hmmmm." she mumbled thoughtfully.

"So what's he doing here?" I asked.

"He's staying in the guest room for the weekend until his parents get back from Cape Cod. The water heater broke and a pipe burst and the whole house is messed up. He called his parents and they called me and I offered to let him stay." Mom explained.

"Where'd he go?" I asked.

"Back home to get the rest of his stuff and bring it here." she replied.

"Oh." I said, walking off.

"Be nice to him!" she called.

"Sure!" I called back.

Yeah, right. I was going to make his life hell for hurting me and walking back into my life almost eleven years later like everything was okay. He was gonna get it
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe/Comment