Sequel: I've Never Told A Lie
Status: Editing. Be patient.ffffffffffffff

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Jack

Jack POV

I woke up in my own bed, naked, which was odd. I usually left girls naked and alone, but it was me. And I'd do anything to find out who put me in this position. I rolled over and went back to sleep, my head pounding. But then I heard Jasey Rae talking.

"I . . . I slept with Jack."

I bolted up. No way! She couldn't be the girl I'd done it with last night! Okay, this was horrible.

--

I wanted to see Jasey Rae as soon as possible. So I was deliriously happy when my parents said we'd be eating dinner with them. We got there at six for dinner at seven. Finally it was ready.

"JASEY! JASEY RAE!" Ms. Thomas yelled. She swore under her breath. "Jack, would you please go get her?" she pleaded with me.

"Sure!" I grinned. I jogged up.

"Jasey Rae." I called.

"Jasey Rae!" I called louder.

"JASEY RAE!" I yelled.

"What?" she yelled back. I opened the door.

"Dinner." I mumbled.

She was looking beautiful in a white miniskirt, a navy blue t~shirt, and white Converses. She studied my face for a moment. She got up and walked out and I followed. The walk down was silent, as well as dinner.

"Jasey Rae, you haven't said a word this whole time. Is everything okay?" Ms. Thomas asked.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." Jasey Rae smiled fakely.

"What about you Jack? Party hard last night?" my mom asked.

"Yeah." I muttered.

Jasey Rae left as soon as she could. I sat through the trip down memory lane that her mom and my mom were taking until it was time to go.

"Jack!" my mom snapped, waking me up.

"Huh?" I muttered.

"Time to go." she said.

"K, lemme say goodbye to Jasey Rae." I said, running upstairs. I knocked softly on her bedroom door.

"Come in." she whispered.

"Came to say goodnight." I breathed, moving slowly and carefully so she wouldn't get mad and run.

"Goodnight then." she said, perfectly calm.

She got up and walked to me. She held out her hand for me to shake. I shook my head. I wouldn't have us being just friends if I had anything to do with it.

"Jasey Rae, we can do better than that, can't we?" I smirked.

She looked at me, confused. I pulled her to me and kissed her with all my strength. I broke off and she was gasping. I may have overdone it.

Suddenly, she slapped me hard and my head was shoved to the side by momentum. I turned back and pushed my hair out of my face and stared at Jasey Rae. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Jasey Rae, please. Tell me you love me. I love you more than life and there's nothing stopping me from doing that now." I whispered sharply.

"I don't. I don't love you. Now accept that and leave." she said sharply.

I saw tears clinging to her eyelashes. I tried to reach out to dry them, but she pushed me away. I walked off, but a sudden thought that came to me made me turn.

"Then why'd you sleep with me?" I snapped.

"I thought you--" she started, but I cut in.

"Thought I'd forget. I did, but I heard you say it yourself. How can you do this to me and not care for me one single little bit?" I snapped.

"I was drunk and so were you!" she snapped.

"But underneath the alcohol fogging my brain was desire. Desire for you." I whispered.

"I don't even know why I did it." she whispered.

"Just telling me now? You know that makes me feel like such a dumbass." I snapped and stormed out. I couldn't believe it.

I, the player, had gotten played. Jasey Rae was just another hustler and I had to forget about her, but I knew I would have no such luck. I stormed downstairs.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked.

"Fine." I almost snarled and we left.I avoided all contact with Jasey Rae that weekend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe/Comment

Gimme some good!