Sequel: I've Never Told A Lie
Status: Editing. Be patient.ffffffffffffff

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Jack

Jack POV

What the fuck is going on? Oh my God, I'll kill Rick for this! I'm standing here, perfectly exposed, in front of none other than Jasey Rae and she was livid. I really don't know how I'll live this one out. She plopped down on the couch and I followed.

"Say something!" she begged after ten minutes of silence.

"What is there left to say? I poured my heart out to you and found out out you didn't feel the way I did." I snapped, glaring at her. She sighed and silence fell again.

"Can we just talk?" she pleaded.

"Fine." I snapped bitterly.

"Why'd you just leave me that summer? After hurting me." she asked quietly.

I couldn't believe she would bring that up! Brody had told me Jasey Rae hated me, which broke me. I learned to hate her as well. Too bad Brody wasn't around to pick up the shit he'd left behind.

"J, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to me." I said softly.

"Figure it out and tell me." she snapped.

"I think it was Brody." I mumbled.

"Your brother?!" she cried.

"Yeah. He told me that you hated me. I liked you, but that broke me and I hated you, too." I said quietly.

"I never hated you." Of course, afterwards was a different story." she said softly.
"Oh." I breathed. The truth was out. It made things look so much uglier.

"Man, Brody's such a jerk!" she huffed.

She didn't know?

"He died." I whispered.

"What? When?" she asked.

"When I was sixteen." I choked.

He had died when he was 21. It was the night after Dakota Beach had had their first gig. He took me out to celebrate. We both got drunk and ended up fighting on the car ride home.We both said some nasty things, he got distracted and we crashed. I was only a little banged up from it compared to Brody. I had scars, but at least my heart was still beating. I'd spent a week in the hospital after that.

She put her arm around me and waited. I finally stopped crying.

"Thanks." I said hoarsely.

"Jack, I'm really sorry. About your brother and about treating you like shit from the beginning." told me and started pacing.

"Jasey Rae." I said, putting a hand on her back to stop her from doing this, but she got up.

"I loved you the moment I saw you when you came back into my life. I was lying and I didn't want to love you and get hurt again. But it was too hard." she ranted, crying.

"Jase." I said a little louder.

She didn't know what hell this was, watching her cry and the worst part is that I know I shouldn't be.

"No, I have to say this! I ended up hurting you, me, and Zayden and I'll never be able to live up to that! I should've just told you I liked you and faced the heartbreak later, but I didn't!" she sobbed. I took her in my arms, feeling like a jerk.

"Are you finished?" I mumbled.

"Mmhmm." she whimpered and I held her tighter.

"Shh, I love you." I whispered, rubbing her back.

She stopped crying and we kissed. I ran my hands over her waist. I finally broke away from her.

"Jasey Rae, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Sure." she smiled and we kissed again.

"Eww!" Zayden cried shrilly, barging into the room. We chuckled.

"He's so immature." I whispered in her ear.

"Totally." she whispered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe! Don't be lazy!