Sequel: I've Never Told A Lie
Status: Editing. Be patient.ffffffffffffff

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Jack

Six months straight of dating Jasey Rae was surprising, but elating. I hadn't cheated, I hadn't even LOOKED at another girl who wasn't related to me. Jasey Rae was making a change in me. And best of all, Dakota Beach got signed! We were set for our first tour in just a month and recording afterwards. Except it would take six months.

Jasey Rae and I were kissing one day, when her phone vibrated, jolting us apart. She dug in her pocket and found her phone. She looked at the screen, her brow furrowing. She put it to her ear.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Yeah it's me." she said.

"What about her?" she asked, her voice raising an octave. Something upset Jasey Rae. "What? No! That couldn't have happened! Not her! No!" she sobbed. I took her in my arms.

"What happened?" I whispered, concerned. She shook her head and I let her cry, rubbing her back until she stopped.

"My mom died." she whispered hoarsely.

"What? When?" I asked.

"An hour ago." she whispered.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I know. It's not your fault." she mumbled into my chest and I held her closer.

"So what am I going to do? Where am I supposed to live?" Jasey Rae asked.

"You can live with me." I breathed.

"And we don't have to have sex?" she asked. I kissed her head.

"Not unless you want to." I promised.

"I don't think I'm ready." she said, uncertain.

"Than I can wait." I promised. It was silent for a while.

"Our six-month anniversary is coming up." I reminded her.

"I know." she whispered.

"I have something really cool planned for us." I whispered.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yeah. Just be ready by seven tomorrow night and dress nice." I said.

"Okay." she replied. I'd tell her about Dakota Beach later. It seemed heartless to do it now.