Sequel: I've Never Told A Lie
Status: Editing. Be patient.ffffffffffffff

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Jasey Rae

Jack came back sooner than I wanted. Instead of leaving me alone, he barged into my room and bounced on my bed and chatted it up.

"Jack, for the millionth time, I HAVE A HUGE HISTORY PROJECT DUE!" I snapped.

"Not gonna work on me. I'm too hot to leave." he smirked.

"Oh, piss off, will you?" I snapped.

"Bitch." he muttered.

"Bastard." I shot back. He slumped out.

Not even two minutes later, I heard him playing his guitar too loudly to be trying to sound good. I banged on my wall, which he was on the other side of.

"JACK RYAN EVERS!! CUT IT OUT!" I yelled. He came back in.

"What?" he spat.

"Don't play so loud." I grinned.

"You don't like it?" he droned.

"Nope." I said, popping my lips on the "P". He sighed, plopped on the bed, and covered his face with his hands."What?" I asked, walking over and sitting with him. He sighed again.

"I was prepared to come back to you and have everything be okay. That we'd be hanging out and laughing like old times, but you absolutely hate me, don't you?" he mumbled.

"Yes." I whispered

"Alright, I guess I'll leave you alone, then." he sighed and slumped out.

"Jack, wait-" I said, but he cut in.

"No, it's okay." he mumbled, shutting the door behind him.

I know, I went too far and I regret that. But, I can't explain it. I'm supposed to hate him, so maybe I will. Dinner was quiet. Jack and I barely spoke.

"Jase, you're awfully quiet tonight. Something wrong?" my mom asked.

"No." I mumbled.

"What about you, Jack? Getting settled in okay?" she asked.

"Yes, ma'am." he muttered. I looked at him and he looked at me. His face was sad. I really regretted this now. "Martha, may I be excused, please?" Jack sighed.

"Yes, you may, Jack." she obliged. He thumped upstairs and Mom turned to me with a disapproving look.

"Jasey Rae Thomas, what did you do to that boy?" she interrogated.

"I told him I hated him." I mumbled.

"Why?" she asked.

"Mom, you remember what he did to me!" I cried.

"Yes, I do, but I also remember how inseparable you two were." she said evenly.

"WERE! Aren't anymore! Things changed and so did we. That's how it goes, Mom. Stop living in the past." I cried and walked upstairs. I showered and knocked on Jack's door.

"Come in." he called.

"Hi." I whispered shyly.

"Oh, it's you. I thought it was your mom, coming to explain why her daughter's acting like a total bitch." he fumed.

"No, but that's what I'm here for." I said wryly.

"Go on, then." he said impatiently.

"Jack, I'm really sorry. I'm still kinda mad at you for what happened that summer. Can we start over? Maybe be friends?" I told him.

"Or maybe we could just ignore each other." he mumbled.

"I guess." I sighed and left. The weekend passed as a surreal, monotonous blur. Jack and I avoided each other at all costs.

Mom didn't bother to get involved this time. I had a huge French project due and Jack was busy preparing for Dakota Beach's upcoming EP. I didn't tell him to be quiet even though it bothered me. I couldn't wait to go back to school and hang with my friends, Kara and Amanda.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe!