Status: Second priority. Updates will be slow, but please be patient :)

3652 Days of Julia

Chapter Two.

Day Eighty Two.
No Perspective.
Sixteen years old.


“Stop it, Oli!” Julia giggled, letting her boyfriend fall on top of her as she pushed his hands away from her sides. She pretended that she hated when he tickled her and kissed her, but really it made her happier than anything else.

Oli smiled down at her, kissing her nose softly before turning around and landing on the bed beside her. He grabbed her hand and together they lay on the mattress, smiles coating both of their faces.

“I knew it when I first saw you,” Oli said, making Julia sit up in surprise.

“Knew what?”

“That I’d fall in love with you.”

Julia giggled once again, and bent down to kiss his lips.

“I knew that too.” She said.

Oli wrapped her up in his arms and they curled up together on Julia’s bed. Julia loved lazy days like this, where Oli would come over early in the morning and lay in bed with her until she wanted to wake up. Sometimes he’d fall asleep with her until midday. Today was a good day, and she knew it. Julia lay in Oli’s arms under her blankets, her face on her pillow, staring out her window and watching as the rain that was falling covered the glass. It was a Saturday morning, and her mother was out of town for business until Tuesday. Julia didn’t know this now, but today would be a day that would make her smile, even when she was gone. Just like every other day she was in Oli’s company.

She turned from the window that was coating the room with grey light, and faced Oli, who kissed her on the forehead and pulled her closer to him. She smiled and watched as he returned it.

“You’re so beautiful Julia.” He said, and she blushed. “I love it how you still blush when I say stuff like that.”

Julia didn’t know what to say, so instead she laughed and kissed him once again.

“What can we do today?” She whispered.

“I’m hungry.” He said.

She rolled her eyes, knowing that he would be saying that.

“Well, let’s do something about that!” She said, kicking the covers off her and Oli and jumping out of bed, walking toward the door.

Oli ran up behind her and held her waist, and together they walked down the stairs and into the kitchen holding hands. When they got to the kitchen Oli opened her fridge and took out some pancake mix. Julia sat on the bench in her pyjamas, her legs crossed underneath her as she watched him. Oli was here so often that is was almost as if he lived with her.

“You still haven’t answered my question.” She said.

Oli looked up at her quizzically. “What?”

“What we should do today.”

“Oh,” he leant against the counter, his face scrunched in thought. “I don’t mind.”

“That’s so helpful,” Julia stated. Oli smiled at her. She noted the way her heart sped up and how her whole body melted whenever he did that. “Come here.” She said.

Oli walked over to where she was on the bench and stood in front of her. Julia wrapped her legs around his waist, placing her arms around his neck and leaning forward to kiss him on his lips. Oli held her whilst they kissed, only pulling apart when Julia did so.

“It’s burning!” She cried, laughing as Oli looked at her and then realised. The pancake in the pan had turned black and was beginning to smoke.

“Fuck!” He said, throwing it into the sink. “That one was yours.”

“Well, looks like I’ll have to do it then.”

“You distracted me!”

Julia just laughed and walked passed him to the pan.

________________________________________________________________

After giving up on the notion of cooking, Oli and Julia went into the living room. Julia sat on the couch, wrapping herself up in the blanket that was beside her, watching as Oli rifled through the stack of DVDs beside the television. It was still raining, and cold both outside and inside. Oli put some movie in the DVD player and moved over next to her on the couch. Julia turned on the television and fell into Oli, enjoying the feel of him breathing beneath her and the faint sound of his heart beating and she laid her head against his chest.

“What did you pick?” She asked, sighing and closing her eyes as Oli’s grip around her waist tightened.

“Jawbreaker.” He replied. “I know how much you love it.”

Julia scoffed. “Don’t give me that. You think the girls in it are hot.”

Oli laughed and kissed Julia’s cheek.

“Well I can’t deny it.”

Julia rolled her eyes and fell back into Oli more, feeling the warmth and support of his arms around her and sighing in content. He kissed her forehead as the movie started, and they watched it, feeling comforted by one another and the sound of the rain pattering on the windows and in the world around them.

It was days likes these that made Julia realise just how much she needed Oli, and how much he needed her. Both their mothers worked too much to offer any form of guidance or company to them both, and when Oli’s father was around on occasion, Oli never wanted to be around him. Julia had seen the scars, and took it in her liberty to keep Oli safe. Not having parents around was a convenience to them. No one to lie to, no one to tell them that their touching and compassion was inappropriate… Julia and Oli were happy with leaving things to their own decisions and needs.

When the movie was over, they stood up and cleaned the kitchen a little before proceeding up into Julia’s bedroom. Oli had some clothes and supplies kept in her wardrobe, and they began to wonder what the rest of the day would encompass for them.

“What do you want to do?” She would ask.

“What do you want to do?” He would respond.

Julia acted annoyed as she pouted, hitting Oli playfully and moaning, “I asked you first though. I asked you ages ago.”

He chuckled and grabbed her wrists as he pulled her toward him.

“I don’t care what we do,” he said. “And I can’t really be bothered thinking of anything, so why don’t we just stay here and do absolutely nothing?”

Julia laughed and kissed him, hugging his waist.

“Sounds good to me.”

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you too.” She replied, and they looked into each other’s eyes until they thought of something better to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it is short, and I know it is kind of boring... I am not very happy with this chapter as it is just a filler really. The next chapter has a lot of drama so I had to write one like this. I am so, so, so sorry for making you all wait so long for an update! My boyfriend and I broke up and I've found it really hard to write... so I do apologise. It seems I have 10 subscribers! Please comment to show your support, it really helps me write better and quicker. Once again I apologise for taking so long. Please comment! Thank you x