Status: As of now on Hold

Welcome to Camp Half Hell

No sense of Home

The flame glowed brightly in my palms, dancing with my fingers in eery silence as I looked to the sky, a stark midnight blue. I was taken aback with the amount of stars-so many. Hundreds. Thousands. Constellations I'd never seen but only heard of, right before my eyes this very moment! I was so absorbed in this revelation that I hardly had time to notice my direction. Stumbling over multiple roots, branches, plants, and wildlife-I had to stay focused. Though the fire I had been able to conjure up showed never a sign to harm me, that was not saying the same to anyone else. Or anything.

Then there was the matter of Chiron- If I proved unsuccessful of finding him in the small limited time left of the daylight, I'd need to find shelter in the forest. Not necessarily thrilling. No, I say, not in the least.

The flame grew softer, its life stuttering in the core of my hands until I willed the flame to grow stronger; more powerful. I am not sure the region of my power, or curse, to control and bend-will- fire. Make it appear when I wished. But, more than once, it proved useful. Likewise, it proved to be a big trouble too. In this forest though, under slight paranoia, I had a steady idea of how my power would benefit me.

Should they have so easily allowed Chiron parenthood of me? I know that I, to them, was just another body-another brat- to be rid of so the state not need be bothered with my existence. They would only care should I go to a life of crime. But, how could I learn to trust a man who deserted me so quickly? Was able to lose me in less than a day?

My pessimism was getting the best of me, overrunning my senses, making me less aware of my surroundings. Hadn't I already given myself this lecture? That's when a crack filled the air. Something, not entirely sure what, told me to follow it. My more rational side? Run.

I followed the sound.

What was this? Instinct? Insanity? Had I lost my mind in this forest, already? Pitiful.

I chastised myself, trying to calm down. 'Your terrible, Ace, get a grip! Its nothing. Quit acting older than you are.' Yes, one of my flaws was talking, thinking, in a sense far beyond my time. I have no clue why. At times, I could be that of a 33-55 year old. If I'm in the mood, 100. And then, I had my plain old 14 going on 15 moments.

A noise, screaming? Muffled screams? Caught my attention. I turned and ran faster, keeping myself steady, toward this sound. I came across a soft silhouette of a girl, then on closer inspection, a teen. Well, a 17 year old.

I didn't even remember about my flame. The girl, the only human species around as far as I was concerned, spoke. I struggled to pay attention, my mind still racing. Whatever had attacked her was steadily getting away.

She was thanking me.

I smiled in response, nodding my head a notch, not even noticeable. "Ace. Your welcome. Name?" I sounded like a freakin teacher.

She responded, telling me to call her D.J.

I looked around warily. "You know where this is? I was following my...Following Chiron, my guardian, when we got separated."

Just then a loud, exaggerated cough echoed behind me. I jumped, extinguishing the flame, turning to see who was there.

Chiron stood, yes he stood, with a smile plastered on his face. There was enough light that, even with no flame, I could see around us. Behind him stood two boys, and a girl. A sense of uneasiness filled my stomach.

'What?' I thought, 'I have brothers and sisters now, too?'
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I don't know HOW but, i really just got inspired for this! I just...it just flowed through me. :)