Status: As of now on Hold

Welcome to Camp Half Hell

Dancing with Fire

I muffled a sneeze, shaking my head to clear the daze.

"It's what you get, going outside in the middle of the night!" Annabeth lunged forward at me, a wooden stick in her hand. I dodged, striking her in the stomach.

"Like you're one to lecture?"

She swatted me once on the head before jumping back. "Just be glad your not contagious!" And with that she struck me across the face. I let out a irritated grunt. Annabeth chuckled in response, taking a defensive position.

"Believe it or not, your actually pretty good. Better than Percy was."

"I heard that!"

We both turned to see Percy standing with Chiron, his lip jutted out into a pout. My lips tugged in to a smile, holding back a laugh.

"Guess its lunch time, Ace, we better go." Anabeth tugged my arm, heading with the others to the eating quarters. My stomach flopped. I hated lunch. Not because I was anorexic or anything; it was more the fact that lunch at a camp or school-or foster home- usually meant crowds. And since I was relatively new, people would notice me more than normal. I also didn't like the fact that I sat alone half the time.

I sat next to Chiron today, slightly separated from all the camp counselors and junk. I watched as all the campers filed in, taking note on the people who I actually remembered their names. Aphrodite's cabin began entering, seeming really chatty. As I scanned the faces, I stopped momentarily at one particular face. It was a guy around my age, his hair a pitch dark black; resembling a raven's. His eyes piercing blue. I could have sworn I'd remember him before. But I didn't recognize him at all, and couldn't place a name to his face. I tried focusing, backtracking on the whole week. I stifled another sneeze as Mr. D motioned for us to eat.

I wasn't used to the camp uniforms, trading the shorts for jeans and keeping the shirt. Mr.D was a little annoyed by that fact. I picked at my food, slightly hungry. Once I finished I headed out the doors, avoiding anyone's notice. I smiled to myself, noting how I was beginning a pretty bad habit of sneaking out. I came up to a large clearing, where D.J.'s cabin practiced Archery I presumed. I let my hand fall forward, focusing on nothing but that. A small flame sparked, slowly, then grew as I focused more of my energy there. It was like a sword, another part of me, an extension of my arm. My control was becoming more noticeable since I arrived, I could now engulf myself in flames, having them lap at my body, and yet never once get burned.

Being Circe's daughter had it's perks, I admit.

As I continued dancing with the flame, testing my limits, I became increasingly aware of a feeling of being watched.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. So, i'm going to consult my two very awesome co-writes and try to get this story going somewhere >3. I figured I should finally update though :O
Lol.

Guys, comments would be appreciated. Whether bad or good :)