Sequel: Growing Up

The Connection

Together Again

Five years later

Liss scanned the list in her hand for the seventh time that morning. She was almost positive she was forgetting something. All four suitcases were packed into the back of her car, the plane tickets were in her large Gucci bag, snacks for the plane ride were ready to be packed, and her cell phone charged. The plane for Huntington California left in an hour, and it seemed like she was still forgetting essential things.

“Sippy cups!” Liss exclaimed finally remember the last thing she needed. Reaching into the cupboard her large diamond ring glinted in the light as she pulled out a pink Sippy cup and quickly filled in with apple juice.

“Babe?” She heard from upstairs “Where are my keys?” Zacky yelled as he searched their bedroom.

“Um..”

Suddenly Liss heard a familiar giggle from behind the kitchen table. Slowly walking behind the table, she saw her beautiful daughter crouching on the ground with her father’s car keys in hand. Upon seeing her mother, the little girl burst into another fit of giggles putting her finger to her mouth, “Mommy, shhh!”

“I can’t find them anywhere!” Zacky exclaimed coming down the stairs walking up to his wife. Looking down at what she was smiling at he began to laugh.

“Laila, I have been looking for those for the past twenty minuets!” He huffed.

“I know!” She giggled again smirking devilishly.

“Just like your mother.” Zacky said picking his four-year up into his arms, “Always got to chase you.”

“Why don’t you two get into the car,” Liss smiled patting her husband’s behind as he stuck his tongue out at her.

He seemed to never change she thought, even after four and a half years of marriage; he was still the same old Baker. She remembered the night she landed back in New York, after her fight with him, and Leanna’s announcement. A few minuets after she walked through her apartment door, her doorbell rang; and when she opened the door, there he was. Tears in his eyes, on his knee and the most beautiful diamond ring in his hands. I can’t live without you, I lost Jim; I couldn’t bear losing you,” He had said, “Will you marry me?” Two weeks later, she had found out that her stay with him in Huntington was not as innocent as she thought, and she had gotten pregnant, and nine months (and a beautiful wedding) later, the most amazing little person entered their lives. The day Laila Jane Baker was born, was the best day of their lives.

Grabbing the Sippy cup from the counter and her bag from the nearby chair, she headed outside her Manhattan home where the car and its occupants were awaiting her.

“Ready to go Momma?” Zacky asked as Liss got into the car.

“I'm ready,” She said turning to the backseat handing her daughter her Sippy cup. “Are you excited for Duncan’s birthday party?”

Liss chuckled at the slight blush that spread across Laila’s small cheeks. It was quite apparent that Laila was very fond of the young Sullivan boy.

“No Momma, Dunc’s too old for me,” Laila shook her head not meeting her mother’s gaze.

“Oh really?” Liss asked arching her brow “And who told you that?” Looking at her husband Liss knew that it was his doing.

“I have no idea why you’re staring at me. But if I was to tell her such things, I would say them because I am looking out for her because I love her, and boys are evil.”

“Of course they are,” Liss smiled while her hand found its place on her husband’s thigh.

“What time is the party at?” Zacky asked as he turned the corner off their street.

“In a few hours,” Liss explained, “Don’t worry I planned it all out, with the time difference our plane will land and we will be right on time.”

**
“Lilliana, I'm not kidding, stand still.” Leyna instructed her three year old as she pinned butterfly hair clips into her curly locks.

“Mommy,” the young child whined “Party.”

“We will go to the party as soon as you are dressed.”

“Daddy?” Lilliana asked her mother through her father’s big blue eyes.

“Daddy’s waiting in the car,” Leyna explained “Okay, come on.” Stretching out her hand the young girl wrapped her hand around her mother’s finger and followed her outside.

“Babe? Could you put her in her car seat? I forgot my purse.” Passing her daughter on to her husband, Leyna ran back into her house to find her bag. Returning to the car, she felt a wave go through her and her eyes flutter shut for a moment.

“You okay?” Sean asked coming up beside her helping her get in the car.

“I'm fine,” She smiled taking his hand and placing it on her pregnant stomach, “She’s a little playful this morning.” Leyna commented making her husband grin and slide back into the driver’s seat.

*

Leanna sighed for the millionth time that afternoon. Her rowdy son was currently hanging over their backyard fence, annoying the life out of the neighbor’s cat.

“Duncan James!” Leanna screamed “Get off of Mr. Johansson’s fence now.”

“But Mom!” The boy yelled back “It’s funny!”

Shaking her head at the replica of her husband, she smiled widely.

The doorbell rang distracting her from her blissful thoughts. Also hearing the doorbell, Duncan sprinted to the front door. Flinging it open to reveal his best friend.

“Owen!” Duncan yelled, “Come see my new Transformer!” Taking his friend’s hand, he pulled him up the stairs to his room.

Matt and Val entered the house laughing along with Leanna as they each gave her a hug.

“Some things never change,” Val stated as Jimmy's son and Matt's son, who had become best friends, made a ruckus on their way upstairs.

Brian and Michelle then entered the house with their infant in a car seat.
The women all squealed upon seeing the little boy donned in a blue jumper. Gushing over how cute the boy was, the women all huddled around Michelle and the baby. Little Eli Haner looked up at the females with big brown eyes before he erupted in tears.

After hearing the baby’s cry, Matt and Brian both retreated to the back yard where a large table was set up with transformer plates, cups, and napkins. While blue, and red balloons where tied in various places around the yard, and a piñata hanging from the large oak tree.

“Lee went all out didn’t she?” Matt asked taking in the fun and vibrant décor of the backyard.

“Did you expect anything less?” Brian chuckled “She would have rented out a stadium for Little Rev.” Brian stated using Duncan’s nickname.

“Yeah,” Matt agreed as his own son and Duncan ran into the back yard with light sabers. “He’s like a spitting image of Jimmy. Its almost scary,” Matt laughed thinking of his best friend.

“You got that right.” Brian nodded. Suddenly the house behind them erupted with greetings as someone else arrived at the party. Walking back inside, Brian joined Michelle while Matt attached himself to Val. Leyna and Sean had entered the house with their little girl, and just finished greeting everyone.

“Hi Lilliana!” Owen smiled upon seeing the young girl hiding behind her mother.

“Hi,” She blushed cutely smiling at the Sanders boy.

Oh no. Leyna thought as her daughter and Matt’s son shamelessly flirted with one another. Catching Matt’s gaze from across the room they both shared a chuckle at their children. They should be a handful.

“Let’s go outside everyone,” Leanna announced and led the adults onto the patio as the rest of the children played in the yard. She passed out a few beers, waters, and sodas and took a seat next to Leyna.

“How are you doing Big Momma?” Leanna asked her friend placing a palm on her large stomach.

“I am not that big,” Leyna chuckled, “But I'm fine.” She added with a smile. “How about you? How are you holding up?”

“I'm good,” Leanna smiled and sighed, “I miss Jimmy everyday,” She said “But I have Duncan, and its like having a little piece of Jimmy with me.”

Leyna smiled at the widow. She wished with all her might that Jimmy could be here to see his son turn another year older.

“Have you thought about any names?” Leanna asked handing Leyna the water bottle she was having trouble reaching.

“Sean is campaigning hard for Lynsey, but I think we have enough “L” names in the group. I mean there are Liss, Lilliana, Lacey, Leyna, Laila, and Leanna.” She laughed, “I think I'm going to name her Adrienne.”

Laughing Leanna nodded her head, “Definitely a lot of L’s.”

“Speaking of one, when is Liss getting here?”

“They should be here soon,” Leanna explained, “Liss texted me a few minuets ago, saying their plane landed safely and they were on their way here.”

The two women glanced to their left as Johnny and a very pregnant Lacey entered the party. “Hey Preggo!” Leyna called from her seat on the patio.

“Hey yourself!” Lacey shouted back wobbling over to give Michelle and Val a hug before joining Leanna and Leyna on the recliners.

“Wow Lee,” Lacey commented scanning the yard that the children were now running around in “This looks great.”

“Thanks,” Leanna smiled “I tried.”

“Alright everyone! Its okay! You don’t have to wait any longer!” Zacky exclaimed coming out onto the patio, his wife and daughter not far behind. “The party has arrived.” Making the entire group roar with laughter.

“Oh shush Baker,” Liss said pinching his rear making him jump.

“ZV!” Johnny greeted his friend with a hug, “How you been man!”

“Hey Christ!” Zacky hugged his friend back as Liss hugged Brian, Michelle, and the rest of the group. She squealed when she saw Leyna and ran to her in her Louboutin stilettos.

“Babe!” Zacky warned, “Don’t break your ankle in those things.”

Ignoring Zacky she sprinted full speed at her best friend.

“Oh my gosh!” Leyna exclaimed pulling herself laboriously off the chair, “I missed you!”

“Ahhh! Look at you!” Liss shouted placing her hands on Leyna’s bump “How’s the little princess?”

“Wonderful.” Leyna smiled and the two girls continued to reunite while Liss’s daughter clung to her hip.

“Laila!” Duncan’s voice cried out as he ran full speed towards the young girl. The adults on the patio all quieted down in order to observe.

“Laila!” He yelled again throwing his arms around her and kissing her rosy cheek. “I miss you lots!”

“Happy Birfday Dunc,” Laila blushed giving him a hug.

“Thanks,” He smiled “Did ya know I'm this many?” He asked opening his hand to show her five fingers. Laila nodded blushed even more.

“My daddy says you’re too old for me Dunc.” Laila stated looking at his blue eyes.

“S’okay Laila,” Duncan shrugged “I'm gonna marry you anyway.” He said and pulled her over to show her his new transformer.

The adults all began to laugh and ‘awe’, at the young children and Liss laughed at Zacky’s displeased face. Walking up to his wife, he wrapped an arm around her waist.

“She’s too young for this,” He grunted.

“Oh come on Baker,” Liss giggled “If I recall correctly I was this many,” She paused holding up four fingers, “While you were this many,” She held up five fingers this time, “When you told me basically the same thing.”

“So,” Zacky huffed “This is different.”

“How so?” Liss asked kissing his plump lips.

“I don’t know, because she’s my daughter.” He frowned.

“That’s what my daddy said all those years of kicking your ass,” Liss giggled as he held her tighter.

“Yeah and I'm gonna have to kick Duncan’s ass someday too,” He smiled at Leanna.

“Oh I'm sure he will deserve it,” Leanna smiled looking at her son.

“Beer?” Brian asked handing Zacky the cold beverage.

“Thanks man,” Zacky nodded taking a swig of the alcohol.

“Liss? Vall? ‘Chell?” Brian asked walking back over to the cooler. “You guys want a beer?”

“No thanks,” All the girls simultaneously answered.

“Well Ley and Lace and pregnant, but why would you three ever turn down a beer?” Leanna asked.

“Um…” Liss nervously shifted her weight on her heels.

“I just…” Val trailed off looking at Brian.

“Honey…well…I mean...” Michelle stuttered catching the gazes of the other girls.

“Are you…?” Val looked over at Michelle who was looking at Liss.

“Wait,” Leanna smiled “Is there anyone here besides me who isn’t pregnant?”

Johnny completely oblivious to the conversation, and just tuning in as Leanna asked walked over and raised his hand.

“Put it down Christ,” Leanna laughed.

“Baby?” Zacky asked behind Liss “Are you seriously pregnant?”

“I was going to wait ‘till we got home to tell you…” Liss smiled at her husband who was as pale as a ghost. His eyes widening, he wrapped his arms around her waist spinning her around kissing all over her face.

“How long?” He asked

“Two and a half months…” Liss explained “But I just found out earlier this week.”

“That long?” Zacky laughed, “Oh was this the night I got home from tour and you were really-” His sentence was cut short as Liss’s hand silenced his mouth. “Duh roo dow odd id ifs?” Zacky mumbled from behind Liss’s hand. She laughed and removed her hand from his mouth, “Do you know what it is?” He asked more clearly.

“A boy.” She smiled making the largest grin appear on Zacky’s face as the whole group erupted in applause.

“What about you baby?” Matt asked, his arms wrapped protectively around Valary.

“Too early to tell,” She smiled pecking his lips.

“’Chelle?” Brian asked, as Michelle was happily perched on his lap.

“Don’t know yet either Bri,” She giggled as Johnny scoffed.

“This sucks,” He grumbled “We have five pregnant women on our hands gentlemen…get ready for hell.”

“Johnny!” Lacey exclaimed trying to hit him from her recliner making, the group laugh.

*

“Happy Birthday to you!” everyone finished the birthday song and Duncan blew out his candles happily. Leanna smiled at her beautiful son as he turned another year older. She felt Jimmy’s presence beside her and in her heart, and in Duncan’s eyes. No matter what, she would always have Duncan, as a little reminder of Jimmy. She shifted her eyes to Matt and Val who smiled shoving cake into each other’s faces. Johnny was holding Lacey whispering into her ear, absentmindedly rubbing her belly. Michelle and Brian were entertaining their young son. Leyna and Sean had Lilliana perched between them as she whispered to Leyna’s stomach making her parents laugh. Liss was kissing Zacky’s cheek as he looked protectively over at Laila and Duncan who were sharing a slice of cake.

“Hey you guys,” Brian interrupted the mellow mood. “I just noticed that, our group will kind of go on,”

“What do you mean?” Johnny asked.

“Well all the guys had or are going to have a son and both Ley and Liss have daughters.” Brian explained, “It’s like a mini-version of our original group.”

“You’re right,” Liss giggled. “It’s kind of like us when we were little.”

Everyone looked over at Duncan who sat happily with Laila’s hand in his, eating his cake. His father’s death had brought many people together. It rekindled a love, and mended a broken relationship; it reunited friends, and formed new friends. Now Duncan would be the one to hold all those people together. Every birthday, every Christmas, and every graduation, they would all be there for him. He would continue to bring them together for many years to come. He became the anchor his father once was. The connection each person had to Jimmy and the rest of the group. The one, who kept them together.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

well wow.

i get teary eyed reading this last part. this story has been my baby and im really proud of it. thank you to all the readers, you are all so so so so amazing.


Multi Colored Ranger- ily<3
FallBackDown
JessickaaJealousyy
Keen_Wolf
Halydilligaf;- you are awesome!
trisha808- thanks for the feedback!
Katycakes- what can i say? you are da bomb!
gryffindorphoenix
SimbaHeartsMufusa
MsSynnieVengeance
jessclub
white.crayon
Lady7Vengeance
Matthew G. Gubler.
Gamble With Desire

you guys are so amazing! thanks dolls!
and to all the silent readers thank you as well!

i hope i have done my part in remembering The Rev, he was an amazing guy and his legacy will go on, and im happy i could write this about it. I pray for comfort for his wife and family and of course his friends and the boys of Avenged.

R.I.P Jimmy.
Rock in Peace;

and now the moment you have all been waiting for! hhaha
i have decided to do a sequel so in a while you will all get a notification for this story but it will really be the sequel!
thanks to all those who wanted one.

on another note.
take my poll. In my next A7X story i need a main character so who do you wanna see?

please vote!

thanks again for all the feedback, tell me what you think of the ending? that would be great!

-red.Ranger