Sequel: Growing Up

The Connection

Grand Theft Auto

Leyna rolled her eyes once again climbing out of bed, leaving her fiancé to whine and complain. It was the third time her cell phone had rung that morning, and even though Sean continued to persuade her to let it hit voice mail, she decided to answer it. Pulling his tee shirt over her head, she wandered into her closet in search of her purse.

“Yeah?” She asked finding her phone tucked into the pocket of her large Chanel bag.

“I didn’t bring my black heels so I'm off to the mall in search of a pair; I'm driving by Sean’s apartment in ten minuets if you want to join.” Alisa explained with no greeting.

“I’ll be ready.” Leyna smiled turning off her phone and throwing it back into her bag. She would never, ever, miss a shopping trip.

“Baby,” Sean whined from the bed, dragging out the word. “Come back.” He demanded.

“I'm going shopping with Liss,” Leyna smirked at her fiancé’s annoyed expression. “I’ll be back later. Love you,” She said kissing his forehead before disappearing into the bathroom.

~

Pulling up to Sean’s large penthouse loft, Liss waited in Zacky’s Escalade for her best friend to finish getting ready.

Guitar cutie, he plays it groovy, and I can’t keep myself from doing something stupid. Think I maybe falling for his smile; get butterflies when he says my name. He’s got something special, he’s got something spe-

“You did not change my ring tone to that.” Alisa said in disbelief as she answered her phone.

“Only when I call,” Zacky chuckled on the other end. “I miss you.”

“I have been gone for twenty minuets Baker.” Liss laughed.

“Yeah, but I was asleep when you left, so I woke up to a cold lonely bed…a bed without you.”

Liss smirked at his cheesiness “Its been without me for the last five years, I think you’ll manage.” Liss chuckled at Zacky’s gasp “Got to go Baker, Leyna is coming.”

“Love you!” Zacky yelled into the phone before hanging up.

“Yeah, yeah,” Liss laughed as her best friend got into the car.

“Zacky let you steal his car for the day?” Leyna asked in disbelief.

“Steal being the operative word,” Liss snickered “What Zacky doesn’t know, doesn’t hurt him.”

“You’re bad.” Leyna smiled turning up the radio.
*
After shopping for three hours straight and successfully finding the perfect pair of shoes; along with a scarf, earrings, and rings to match the girls decided to have lunch. After being seated at the Ivy, they ordered their meals and both texted their boyfriends that they would be home soon.

“Do you know the location of the funeral?” Leyna asked sipping her ginger ale.

“No, but I'm sure Baker knows,” Liss said “And I was even thinking of spending the night at Lee’s so she wouldn’t have to wake up alone. “

“She’s staying with her parents,” Leyna informed “I called to ask her last night.”

“Oh well that’s good.” Alisa nodded as their drinks arrived.

“So…” Leyna began taking a long sip of her drink, “You and Vengeance huh?”

“Yeah, I guess so.” Alisa blushed also sipping on her water.

“You two are officially together or what?”

“I don’t know,” Alisa sighed dragging her finger up and down the water glass as the condensation trickled down. “I have to go back to Manhattan in a few days. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“So you two just pounced each other not even thinking about what would happen later?” Leyna asked tilting her head at her friend.

“Well don’t put in so bluntly, that’s not how it happened.” Sighing, Alisa ran her fingers through her hair when suddenly their food was deposited by the waiter.

“I'm starved,” Leyna exclaimed digging into her steak tips. Glancing up she noticed her friend was almost in hysterics from laughter. “Something funny?” She asked as Alisa’s body shook with giggles. Alisa pulled out the napkin from under her plate and showed it to Leyna. Scribbled in terrible penmanship was a number and a name.

Geoff.
# 135-2684.

“Well, that’s charming.” Leyna smiled “Vengeance will love that.”

“Yep,” Alisa proudly announced, “I still got it.” She winked at Leyna “Guess the boys don’t hit on you anymore do they?”

“That’s because I'm wearing an engagement ring, and all your wearing is Zacky’s cologne.”

“Touché” Alisa smiled. They settled into a comfortable silence as they finished their lunch and coffees for desert.

“I miss him.” Alisa stated staring off into the distance. “I'm waiting to wake up, I'm waiting for someone to pinch me and tell me he’s here, I just want him to jump out and tell me its all a big joke.” Her eyes began to water involuntarily.

“Hey,” Leyna said reaching across the table for her friend’s hand “I know how close you two were, but he will always be here.” Alisa nodded yet could not stop the inevitable pain that settled itself in her heart.

“I just don’t get why he had to go.”

After splitting the bill, Alisa dropped Leyna off at Sean’s while she herself went back to Zacky’s home.

“Young lady you are in some deep trouble!” Zacky shouted as he walked in to find her taking off her heels. “Hey those are hot, keep them on.”

“They are insanely painful, love.” She said walking up to him pecking his lips. “Oh, and why am I in deep trouble?”

“You stole my car.” He stated following her into the kitchen.

“I borrowed it,” She clarified “And you were asleep its not like I could have asked.” She explained looking up at him through her think long flirtatious lashes.

“Yeah,” He said smiling down at her completely falling for her words. “Whatever.”

“You hungry? I can make you some food.” Liss offered opening the fridge.

“Matt came over and we had pizza and a few beers,” Zacky explained pulling her out of the fridge and into his arms.

“You and Matt ate?” Liss asked “Here?”

“Yes.” Zacky stated kissing her nose “Why?”

“Its terribly clean for a bunch of slobs eating here.” Liss chuckled pinching Zacky’s cheek.

“Not nice,” Zacky tried to pout yet a smile came out instead “I have to be clean now that I got myself a woman.”

“Really? You met someone? Who?” Liss exclaimed feigning shock.

“Oh, so funny.”

“I know,” Liss smiled kissing his chin before untangling herself from him, heading up the stairs.

“Hey,” Zacky called out to her making her stop on the stairs, “Wanna go to the beach?”

Liss turned on the stairs facing him thinking back to the last time she had been to the beach, years ago.

“I’d love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i did not read over this, but i will go back and fix spelling and such later.
sooo sorry it took to long to get an update out. its just the whole story was pre written but i wanted to make it a little longer for all the awesome readers i have!

probobly only about 2-3 chapters left.
i should have clarified that it was going to be a shorter story.
but if enough people want, i will maybe put up a sequel.

so comment my dears!

predictions? concerns? questions? traumas?
tell meee<3