Status: Sorry, Im new and like all others, It will take some time to post. Really sorry! XD

Take Me Back To Where I Belong

Prologue

“I’m home!” I got up off of the sofa, and walked toward my father. I opened my arms, welcoming a hug.
“Hi dad, how was work?” As I asked he leaned in, and gave me a large hug.
“It was great.” He smiled. “I’ve got some good news to tell you and your mother. But it will have to wait until dinner.” I pouted. He knew I loved knowing things that he says are ‘Good News’. He chuckled and shook his head, just as mom walked in smiling, like we had just won 1 million dollars.
“Hi honey.” She gave him a long hug with a kiss to finish it off. “Have a good day?” He nodded. “Good. You came just in time for dinner. Giselle can you go set the table?”
“Yeah, see you at dinner.” I trudged over to the dining room, and towards the closet, which held all the cutlery, plates, cups and table ware. I grabbed mom’s favourite table cloth, best china and forks and knife and set them on the table one by one, humming silently to myself. Good news deserves good things.

“Dinners ready!” Mom yelled from the kitchen, as she grabbed the pots and glass bowls filled with food. I could swear to god that she was coking for an army; seriously. What we didn’t eat, she took to the homeless shelter and gave it to everyone there. Everyone I knew said she was a gift from god himself, but of course she wasn’t, she just... loved helping.
Dad offered to help but mom just giggled and shook her head. We sat down silently, waiting for my mom to sit down before we ate.
“So what’s this good news I heard you telling Elle about?” Mother asked handing me the mashed potatoes.
“Yeah what is it!?” I basically jumped up and down in my seat.
“Well it’s nothing really.” I whined, desperate to know the answer. “I just got promoted.” My mother and I both gasped and started laughing joyously. I stopped once I noticed my father’s facial expression.
“There’s more isn’t there.” I don’t know why, but I felt a bit queasy. As if it wasn’t going to be good news.
“Yes there is. We will have to move to California...”