So This Is How it Goes

Awkwardness

"Um, Lucy? You may want to pull up your shirt, I can see the lace on your bra." I whispered hesitantly to the girl sitting across from me at the lunch table.

"Oh, sorry." She plopped down her tuna sandwich and pulled up her plain white wife-beater. I could tell she didn't really care, in fact she probably wanted boys to notice her breasts. No doubt they were bigger than mine.

"So, you gonna eat that apple?" I struck out a lazy second finger and aimed it at the nearly heart-shaped, blood red, fruit that was just sitting there all alone on Lucy's tray, pushed away from her bag of chips, brownie and sandwich.

All she did was shrug, in an "I don't care, take it" kind of way. Lucy never really was one for the health foods, but she had a fast metabolism so to her, it didn't make much of a difference.

So I just reached out and took the apple, quickly biting in to it out of pure lusting hunger. I forgot my lunch money on my kitchen counter back at home, so I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

"Um, can I sit here?" I heard a rather soft and squirmy sounding voice nearly whisper from right behind me. I quickly swung my head around, hitting the voices owner with my pony-tail, right below his face.

He wasn't really what you would call "cool" looking. In fact, he looked rather short and wimpy. I had the urge to reach my hand out and see if he was really as wimpy as he looked, possibly snapping his arm in the process. He has pretty normal hair, just a normal length with a normal dark brown color. His green eyes were covered in large, thin-rimmed, nerdy glasses. All he was wearing was a plain gray zip-up hooded sweater and dark jeans.

All I could think was, wow this boy is probably shoved in to a garbage can daily.

"Sorry, er- yeah." The hole time that I had been examining his appearance he was giving me a very impatient stare that read clearly as, "you seem really damn crazy."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it is really short and it took me forever but my computer broke, my little sisters in the hospital and writers block was really getting to me.

I apologize.