So This Is How it Goes

Slightly

He was…..strange. I don’t know what was so different about him. Maybe it was the fact I am actually still thinking about him, although it’s been 4 hours since lunch and I am now sitting in my bedroom, staring at the orange wall. For most boys it’s more of an, “Oh, hey. Did you just say you want me to hook you up with Lucy? Um, no thanks.” But with him theconversation awkward sitting in silence was different.

He only looked at Lucy 3 times,not that I’m counting. Every time he did, rolling his eyes in a subtle manor. I can’t help but think if he feels the way I do about people like Lucy, people who don’t know the difference between eating a banana and giving a stranger a blow job.

Oh, what am I talking about? Just because a stupid boy who actually didn’t pay attention to Lucy’s lack of clothing sat next to me in lunch, I’m assuming this guy could possibly be my friend.

This is why I hang around with Lucy, it’s easy to just sit there and mind my own business while she babbles on and on about meaningless things. Much easier than actually having a social conversation with someone.

Yup, I prefer sticking up with Lucy. I mean, she’s not that bad. She’s nice to me, and that’s good. Most of the time her other clone friends are pretty nice to me too, yet another plus. I can do without friends, I’m perfectly fine with being a social outcast in a world of hormonal teenagers.

“Dallas! Did you want me to cut you up some fresh fruit?” My mother’s voice hollered from downstairs. I knew that the only reason she even bothered to ask me such a question because she was worried I may be locking myself in my room for some stupid reason like I’m doing drugs or making out with a boy who just happened to sneak in through my window within the short hour that had passed since I got home from school.

“Sure, mom.” I replied, hoping it would cause her less worry. She knows I’m a pretty good girl, but she’s still overprotective. Which is why I love her to death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 375

I know, yet another short chapter.

Les sigh.