Pass This Test And Hope For The Best

One

"Hello and welcome to tonight's show! I am your host, Billie Joe Armstrong, and this week, these ten boys will compete for the love of our lovely bachelor, Mr. Ryan Ross!" The crowed applauded as the focus was set on the tall handsome boy with dark brown hair that fell perfectly around his face, and beautiful honey colored eyes that could break your heart. In other words, he was absolutely stunning. Which is why I'm here. I would never even have a chance with someone as beautiful as him if I were to do this the old fashion way. Here, all I have to do is prove myself worthy, and out due the other nine people. 

Wait. 

Crap. 

This is going to be nearly impossible. I barely stand a chance. Just looking at the other contestants made me instantly nervous. Maybe this was a bad idea, but I guess it's to late to back out now. 

"So Ryan, tell me. What do you look for in a guy?" The host- who I can't believe is Sir Billie Joe Armstrong. How did he get stuck with this job?- asked Ryan who was sitting across the way at a table with a couple "advisers." 

"Well, uh, I admire creativity, then they also have to have a nice personality you know?" He answered into the microphone grinning. 

"I see. So, looks don't matter so much?" The announcer asked, putting him on the spot. 

Ryan paused to laugh before answering. "Well, all these boys look pretty fine to me, so they don't have anything to worry about." He said, before turning to wink in my general direction. 

Woah, was that directed at me? Nah, I was probably just being conceited.

There was an "Ooooo" from the audience, and a laugh from Billie in response to his statement. I don't think they caught the wink.

"Well then, I guess it's time for these fine boys to introduce themselves." He chuckled and stood up walking to the row of boys in the center of the stage. He held the mic up to each of us so we could say our names.  

"So, tell us your names." he held the mic up to Gabe first. 

"Uh Gabe." then continued down the line.

"Gerard."

"William."

"Mikey."

"Frank."

"Bob."

"Spencer."

"Pete."

"Jon." 

"Brendon." I said when it finally got to me. I think that unlike the majority of my fellow contestants here, I wasn't in this for the money. I was in it because I was bored with my life, and because the boy is just so god damn breathtaking.

"Alright, there you have it. After the commercial break our buddy Gabe here, will be facing Ryan in a face to face interview. " He said patting Gabe on the shoulder.  

"And off!" the camera man directed.

"Alright boys. Head backstage, Gabe I'll need you up here clean and ready to go in five." He directed. Ha. He looked nervous.

I went backstage as instructed, and while everyone else went for the refreshment table, I found myself standing alone in the corner, out of site from everyone else, staring down at my hands, twiddling my thumbs. Nervous as usual. Why did I do this again?

"Hey, are you alright?" I looked up, and my eyes met those familiar honey colored orbs. Oh yeah. That's why. What was he doing talking to me? 

"Uh, y-yeah. Just a little nervous." I let out a nervous laugh proving my point. 

"Oh, well, don't be. You'll do fine. Trust me. I don't bite." He put his hand on my shoulder, and gave me a reassuring smile. 

I about died. 

"We're on in two minutes!" I heard the stage manager call from somewhere. I was to absorbed in Ryan to take notice. 

He sighed. "I guess that's my cue." he said. His hand drifted down my arm, grabbing a hold of my hand, giving it a tight squeeze before he rushed  off to his seat. 

I stood there in shock for a minute letting my thoughts register. Did that just happen?

~*~

After Gabe came back Gerard was up. Then boy after boy went through and came back, making me even more nervous each time. My heart felt like it was going to explode when Jon, the boy before me, came back.

Now it was my turn. 

What was I going to say? What were they going to ask? 

I casually got up and walked onstage appearing as if I wasn't about to piss myself. I sat down on a chair across from Ryan waiting to be questioned. He subtly smiled at me as I did so.

"Hey. So I'm going to ask you a few questions, and I'm just going to need you to answer them as honestly as you can."

I nodded and mumbled a quiet "Okay." 

He asked me all the basic questions, Favorite color, taste in music, my dream job, all that stuff. They seemed a little shocked by my answer when they asked about talent, such As musical instruments. 

"Well, uh, I can sing I guess, I play the piano, the guitar, bass, drums, and uh, the accordion." I mumbled the last part out kinda quietly. I didn't realize until after I said it that I sounded like a total dork. 

"Wow, accordion huh? That's pretty awesome." he said. I was expecting something more along the lines of laughter or taunting. "I play a little guitar myself." he added. 

"Yeah?" I just laughed nervously and looked down at my hands. 

"Alright, well thank you Brendon." The host spoke appearing back on stage. "Maybe sometime you can teach me to play the accordion." he teased. I gave a nervous laugh, once again, mumbling a "Yeah maybe" Looking down at my hands again. I had to get over this nervousness. 

He patted me on the back signaling me to head backstage while he closed the show. 

When I arrived back stage, I skipped the refreshment table and headed straight for the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror examining every single one of my imperfections. My face was flushed, my nose was slightly too big, my lips are so big they look swollen, my hair is sticking up in every which way, and my eyes are a dull brown color. There's no way he'll choose me. 

I stood in front of the mirror for I don't know how long, just studying myself. Eventually I felt like I should probably exit in case someone has to use the bathroom. I sighed and gave myself one last look in the mirror before exiting the tiny barroom. I walked out and noticed it empty. Everyone must have left already and went back to their hotel rooms. 

I was about to leave as well when a soft velvety voice filled the air catching my attention. 

"Hey." I turned around to meet the golden eyes of the beautiful boy that I'll never have a chance with. 

"Hi." I mumbled back, surprised he was talking to me again

"See I told you you'd do great." he said placing his hand on my neck. His touch sent butterflies through my stomach. "I came to wish you luck for tomorrow. Although you won't need it...." he trailed off pulling me a little closer. "I felt his hot breath on my ear and it sent shivers down my spine. "Your my favorite." he whispered. 

He pulled back, giving me a flirtatious smile before patting my shoulder once more and walking off. Wishing me a 'good luck' once more as if nothing had just happened. 

I stood there in shock my brain trying to process what just happened.

He just said I'm his Favorite?

Why me? What's so special about me? Although I can't say I can complain. The man of my dreams just gave me the most flirtatious smile I've ever seen. 

Although I shouldn't let this go to my head. He could just be messing with me. It could be some sort of test as well. He could be going around saying that to all the guys. 

"Although I sure hope not." is what the feeling in my stomach told me when that thought came to mind. 

I would just have to play it cool and not fall into any traps. Right? Right.   
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, so the first chapter's up!
Please comment&subscribe! I'll give you virtual cookies if you do! :)

so now I'm handing this story off to my co-writer Reinvent Love!
(sorry, too lazy to post a link.)