Pass This Test And Hope For The Best

Three

It was the end of another super excitingsarcasm show! Today they decided to have all the boys make total idiots of themselves by having them do this weird obstacle course thing. What the hell does that even have to do with "trying to win me over"? I wish I could just choose already and be done with it. Besides.... I have a fairly good idea who I want anyways.....

I sighed and got up off my chair that I've been spacing in for the last five minutes and decided to go back stageand see Brendon and see how the boys are doing. As I walked back there they all froze in their tracks. Like I was some sort of royalty or something. 

Well this is slightly awkward. 

"Erm, don't mind me. I just uh, misplaced something." I half lied looking around not spotting Brendon. I received multiple different looks. Some were of lust, others looked to be of greed, some even looked terrified or nervous. 

I made my exit out the back door and ended up running into Brendon. Quite literally. He stumbled forward nearly spilling his drink. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologized. 

"Um, no, it's okay." he mumbled turning around to face me. When he laid eyes on me he froze just like everyone else had. Only his eyes held what looked to be fear, but was probably just surprise. "Um, no. It was my fault. I shouldn't have been standing in front of the door like that." He mumbled nervously , color flooding to his cheeks. 

"Well, I can't blame you for just standing there. It's a free country. You can stand where ever you want." I argued. I gave him a small smile and he shrugged, color flooding to his cheeks again, in an even darker shade. 

He was so adorable when he got all flustered. But it kinda annoyed me that he couldn't be himself around me. From the looks of it, he seemed like a really sweet funny guy. 

"Hey." I said, lifting up his face to look at me. "Why are you so nervous around me? Like I said earlier, I don't bite." 

Unless you want me to. 

Okay stop it Ryan, you're trying to win him over, not scare him away. 

Win him over? How about seeing him bent over-

Gah! Stop it mind! Save those thoughts for later! 

"Erm, I don't know really. I g-guess I'm just afraid I'll make myself l-look stupid or something. I'm afraid of embarrassing myself." He mumbled looking towards the ground. 

"You know, even if you did embarrass yourself, or say something stupid, I wouldn't think any less of you. I meant it when I said you were my favorite. It seems like you're the only honestly sweet, caring, funny guy." I explained my thoughts. Hoping he'd believe me and not just think I'm bullshitting him. 

I looked over at him and he had the cutest smile on his face, which was beat red. 

"Funny?" he questioned. He must not think very much if himself. 

"Yeah, you just seem to have one of those personalities." I explained. 

"Oh." he mumbled, probably not knowing what to say to that. 

There was a little bit of an uncomfortable silence. So I broke then tension by placing my hand on his neck and pulling him in to a tight hug, inhaling his scent. I don't know why. He just looked so huggable. And I just really wanted him to open up to me. I haven't know him that long, I still don't know him that well, but I feel connected to him. Like I want him to be safe. I want him to be safe with me....

"W-What was that for?" He asked, face flushed as usual, his beautiful lips pulled up into a beautiful smile. 

"You just looked like you needed it." I said grabbing his hand giving it a gentile squeeze. 

Just then I happened to glance down at my watch realizing exactly how late it was. I gave him an apologetic look. 

"I didn't realize how late it was. I have to get going." I explained. 

"Its alright. I'll see you tomorrow?" He half asked sounding a little less nervous. 

"Definitely." I grabbed his hand again and pecked him on the cheek. I could almost feel his skin heating up under my lips. 
I gave him one last smile before disappearing back into the studio to collect my things. 

The other boys must not have heard me come in because I over heard them talking about me.

"Man, this thing is so rigged. Have you seen how he's all over that Urie kid?" Pete I think his name is, said. 

Crap. 

"I know. We should just quit while were still ahead." Gabe replied. 

"We can't. We signed a contract." 

Damn straight. 

"I don't even know what he see's in that Urie kid anyways. He hardly ever speaks, and he's not even that cute." 

I felt the need to punch him out right then and there. How dare he speak about Brendon like that. 

"Now come on Pete. Even you know that's a lie. That kids gorgeous." Thank you William. 

"Still. Why the outcast? Why not one of us?" 

"Who knows." 

Alright that's it. It's time for Ryan Ross to make an appearance. 

"Hey guys." I said nonchalantly, as if I hadn't heard their conversation and felt the need to rip their heads off.

I got a number of responses, then decided it was time to take action. I couldn't have them thinking I was with Brendon, it was against the rules. And had to do something to distract them for that. Maybe I could just flirt with all of them at one point or another so they just thought I was a man whore. 

I had to choose my culprit wisely. If I tried with one of the ones badmouthing my Brendon I would end up chewing them out probably. 

I decided Mikey would be a nice choice. He seemed innocent enough, and he was pretty cute. 

I pulled him aside, still in view of everyone, but not enough to make it look terribly obvious what I was doing. 

"Hey." I said giving him a semi flirtatious smile. 

"Um, hi." he said slightly unsure of what was going on. 

"So, I just wanted to tell you that you did a great job tonight. " I said grabbing his hand. He flushed a little and looked down.

I just wanted to get this over quickly. This felt so wrong. Toying with peoples emotions like this. But I couldn't let peopleknow think things about me and Brendon. 

I lightly caressed his face then lifted up his chin so he'd look me in the eyes. "You know, you're my favorite." I whispered pressing my lips close to his ear. 

"Um....." I'm assuming he wasn't sure how to respond to that. I noticed definite similarities between the two. They both became easily embarrassed and acted almost scared of me. 

I grabbed his hands and brought one up to kiss his knuckles in one of the most cliche ways ever. And it just so happened to be at the worst moment. Because when I looked up, Brendon was standing in the doorway, staring at me in, I'm not sure what. Anger? Embarrassment? But whatever it was it was not good. After all those things I told him, hoping he would open up to me, it must really crush him to see me man whoring. Even though it's for his benefit. 

He stormed back out the back door, and I mumbled a quick "Sorry I gotta go." Subtly chasing after him. 

I made my way outside, I looked around and couldn't spot him. It took my a minute, but I finally found him sitting on a random bench sitting out back tucked away. He definitely looked pissed. But somewhere in his eyes, you could also see the regret and sorrow. 

What are the chances he'll believe me if I explain what happened? 

"Brendon-"

"What do you want?" he angrily muttered. 

Probably very low. 

Brendon's POV

I can't believe I'm such a fucking idiot. I knew it. I knew this was too good to be true. I'm not his favorite. He's probably just out there playing the field, trying to get some action since I dour he can remain sulibit for the entire show. 

I mean he is a man whore. 

God. I just can believe I fell for it. I mean this is to be expected right? I thought I told myself I wasn't going to fall into any traps. 

I sighed. I would so drop out if it wasn't for that stupid fucking contract.

Suddenly he came into view. 

Great. Just who I wanted see. My Favorite Person.

"Brendon-" 

"What do you want?" I cut him off bitterly. Ouch. That came out a little harsher then I expected. Oh well. Maybe if I'm a dick I'll get booted off the show, then I can go hide for the rest of my life at my parents house. 

"Can I please explain?" he begged. 

"Whats there to explain? You lied. Though a can't say I'm surprised. It's not like you had really feelings for me. Nor could you. You have a random bunch of fucking guys competing to be your 'boyfriend' or whatever." I think that was the most I've ever spoken to him at once. Usually I'm just a flushed stuttering mess. 

"Woah. Now, first of all, they offered me millions of dollars to do this. So, it's not like I'm some sort of heartless man whore who uses people however he pleases." he became defensive. "I mean if someone offered you millions of dollars to find you a hot boyfriend, wouldn't you do it?" 

I just shrugged ignoring him. 

"You still played me." I argued. 

"Brendon, no I didn't. I really like you. What you saw... That was nothing." he tried to explain. Ha. Yeah. Right. 

"You expect me to believe that?" 

He sighed. "When I went back inside to get my things, I overheard some of the guys talking about you- us. They suspect that were together, because of the way I've been acting around you. And, they can't know. If anyone else found out, we'd be in big trouble. So I figured I could lead them away from that idea if I acted like a player or man whore and just flirted with a bunch of other guys as well."

I sighed. I don't know what made me believe him. Could have been the sincerity on his eyes. Could have been the real emotion on his face. 

"Brendon, I'm so sorry." he whispered. "I really wasn't trying to play you." 

I felt so bad now. He looked really upset. And I was the reason for this. I guess that if I had this much effect on him, he must have really cared. 

I don't know why. But before I could stop myself I lifted up his face and caught his lips with my own. And to my surprise,  he kissed me back. I pulled away, and he had a smile on his face. He pulled me into a tight hug and whispered in my ear. 

"Thank you."   
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyy
sorry if the ending is totally lame, but I'm kinda in a rush and didn't have time to read this over cuz I'm on my way to school.

And yes, you did a wonderful job my lovely co-writer.

And thanks for all the comments and subscriptions! Virtual cookies and hugs for all of you!

Now I'm handing this over to Reinvent Love! *Claps*