Reasons why I can't be his.

New School?

Moving to a new town isn't alway a favorite thing of mine to do. I mean, personally this one is a favorite. They are so nice to me here, I just feel accepted. Sure, I miss my family, a lot, but I just have to accept that I will never see them again. The Gordan's are really nice people. Hopefully, they give me a chance.

"Cale, honey, time to wake up!," my step mother called. Well, maybe I should introduce myself. Name is Cale. 17. Foster kid. Cool story right?

"Coming!" I shouted back... It was my first day of school at Darlington Prep. Yay! Notice the sarcasm there? I did.

As I headed down the stairs Mr. Gordan greeted me briefly, I nodded back with a smile. What a nice man.

"Morning Mrs. Gordan," I smiled and took the cereal from the counter.

"Come on love, you can call me mom or Kim, whichever your more comfortable with."

"Ok, Kim."

"So, you excited for school? I am. I went to DPS and I had so much fun there. I even met Tom there. Ah, good times."

So as I sat there listening to Kim, thoughts ran through my head. I was never one for making new friends. As this being my 17 school made more nervous.....

"Oh, dear, your bus is coming!" Kim gave me a kiss on the cheek and handed me my bookbag. "Have fun at school Cale!"

"I will...."

Holy shit, this school was huge. Bigger than all of the others that I went too.... wow. Just wow, the architecture was amazing, I know I'm a nerd for saying that. I made my way to the main office following the rush of the kids in the school.

"Hi, I'm Cale Gordan, and I'm here to pick up my schedule," I glanced down at the name tag, "Ms. Mitchell."

The young receptionist looked at me, "Why hello there hun, welcome to Darlington, here is your schedule, locker combo, supply list and a map of the school. Good luck and have fun."

"Thanks. A lot." I smiled and my way back out of the office and into the throng of people. Making my way to my locker, my face ran into something.... well someone. My books scattered onto the floor all over the place.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see where I was walking at all, and oh my gosh, I am so sorry once again." I blabbed on.

The boy smiled, "It's fine. I'm Josh by the way, nice to meet you."

"Cale." I shook his hand.

"Well, hello there Cale, need any help? I'll show you around the school, but first I want you to meet someone, she'll be excited to see you."

I nodded my head in agreement, "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its brief.....