Anyanesta and the Lord of the Rings

Chapter 2

Elrond led everyone from the meeting area and led them to a very beautiful, outside dinning hall. Anya was excited because the dinning area was surrounded by flowers, and a little stream was flowing past it. The sky was clear and a very brilliant blue. She was seated near the head of the table, next to a little brown haired hobbit.

“Wow, I haven't seen a hobbit for a very long time,” she was thinking. And that was true, the last hobbit she saw went by the name of Bilbo Baggins. As she was thinking about this, her cousin, Legolas, sat down next to her.

“Anya, you missed all the fun last night,” he said in elvish as he began eating.

“And of course you're going to tell me all about it,” she said with a little sarcasm, using the same language.

“Now what fun would it be if I didn't?” he joked. Legolas was definitely one of Anya's favorite kin. He was also one of the closest friends she'd ever had.

At that moment, Anya felt someone staring at her. Straight in front of her, there was a girl. Anya couldn't tell if she was an elf, human, both, or neither. The girl looked very familiar to her. “I've seen her face before, somewhere,” she thought.

“Anya, hey... are you falling asleep on me?” She heard Legolas say.

“Oh, sorry,” she apologized, “I was just-”

“It's good to see you again, Anyanesta,” the girl interuppted her in perfect elvish. “She knows my name!” Anya thought panicking slightly.

“Who are you?” she asked. After Anya said this, the girl began to laugh. Why was she laughing?

“Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot how young you were when I met you. Your father introduced me to you a long time ago. My name is Cathriana, but most people call me Catie.” This meant she was older than Anya, an elf perhaps? She didn't look very elvish.

“Hi,” Anya said, taken aback, “nice to meet you... again. I knew I recognized your face, but I couldn't remember you, and for that I am sorry.”

“No need to apologize,” Catie stated, “like I said, you were quite young when I meant you. Now, let us change the subject. Legolas is right, you did miss a lot of fun last night.” As she says this, a big grin forms on her face.

“Yes, you missed Bilbo's newest song,” Legolas laughs. “It was very delightful to listen to.” At that moment, Anya heard a an old, familiar voice behind her.

“So, what took a young elf like you,” he was saying, “so long to arrive in Rivendell?” This made her smile.

“Gandalf!” she said cheerfully. “It;s wonderful to see you. But, I only left Lothlórien two and a half days ago.”

“I'm impressed you were able to arrive here on such short notice,” Gandalf says. “Now for the reason I came over here. Anyanesta, I would like for you to meet Frodo Baggins of the Shire.” At the mention of his name, the hobbit next to Anya turns around with a mouthful of berries. Even thought he was a comical sight, Anya couldn't help but to notice his beautiful piercing blue eyes. They made her think of the stream flowing by her home back in Lothlórien.

“Frodo,” Gandalf continued, “this is the elf woman I was telling you about. Her name is Anyanesta.”

“But, please,” Anya finished, “call me Anya. That is what my friends call me.”

“It's lovely to have met you, Anyane... I mean Anya,” Frodo said. He seemed like a person she could definitely get along with.

Soon after this, Elrond called everyone to attention and announced that lunch was over. So everyone got up and went to the meeting area.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here's another chapter. I meant to update sooner, but life was against me. I just lost my grandma and life has been crazy. There r plenty more chapters 2 cum. comment please. my friend n i wuld lik 2 kno wat ppl thnk.