Status: Active

This Could Be All I've Waited For

Chapter 2: Jess

Everything was in place. Within a few hours I would be married to Alex Gaskarth, the young son of my father’s business partner and the future of their companies would be stable for years to come.
My hair was set, the tables were set, the harpist and violinists playing outside the church were set and so was my bridal parade.
I checked my phone for the final time; one new message from Jack – Alex’s best man and band mate:
Hurry up and get to the church, he’s shitting himself
I rolled my eyes – such a pleasant thought.
Dad led me to the limo, and the bridesmaids and my mother went on ahead.
The wedding photographer was outside the church ready with his camera, just like mother said he would be – I got out the limo and he immediatly began snapping.

Then the bridesmaids walked into the church as the harpist and violins began to play, I followed arm-in-arm with my father – the diamond encrusted watch on his wrist sparkled in the sun.

We were millionaires, both the Lloyd’s and the Gaskarths. I didn’t know any better, even as a child when I lived in England I was brought up in an enviroment where I never had to wait for anything – it was all there at the snap of my fingers. I loved it.
I saw Alex and the other members of his band at the end of the church and walked down the aisle. He looked nervous. I had no reason to be – soon I would have a share in his father’s fortune as well as my own.
I smiled at my father and hugged him one final time, then took Alex’s hand and squeezed it tight to reassure him. He smiled happily and I smiled back.

The ceremony lasted half an hour and my new husband led me down the aisle to cheers and applause. The church doors swung open as doves and confetti were let loose.
My wedding had cost well over half a million dollars – everything had to be perfect. I’d dreamed of this day since I was a little girl.

You could’ve said our marriage was arranged and that we were more of a joining of companies then a joining of two people who wanted to spend the rest of their lives together but I knew that Alex had a long line of girlie fans that’d all be jealous of me and I liked the idea of that.

I slid back into the limo, quickly followed by Alex and kissed him hard on the lips – my hands in his hair, his hands on my back
“We’re married now,” He smiled
I nodded, smiling and poured him some champagne.