A Little Piece Of Heaven

You know I make you wanna scream.

I walked down the long hallway, it was white as snow and enough to make a person go crazy. You'd think they wouldnt put things in a hospital that would irritate someone. Stupid people.

I turned into the small office where Henry worked. I looked at him, my hands on my hips.

"I hope we don't have to see you again." Henry said as he handed me my papers.

"I hope I never have to see your ugly face again." I said then walked out of the hospital.

It's been two years since I've seen Brian, a little over a year since I've heard from him. Kerry e-mail's me all the time so that I know what's going on.

She married Jimmy, Matt's the same old Matt, tearing Val to shreds with his teenage antics. There's a miniature Johnny running around, named Ivan, Zack and Jessica are living together. Not married but might as well be. And Brian. Oh my, what hasn't he been into. Except drugs.

Lacey was waiting out front in the hospital van, waiting to take me to the airport. I pulled my leather jacket Brian gave me closer to me and climbed into the van.

"Excited?" She asked as she pulled out of the driveway, looking both directions before merging into traffic.

"Nervous." I replied, resting my head against the cold window.

Among the many things I've missed about Huntington, the warm weather is one of the things I've missed the most.

"Why? You've known those boys since kindergarten." She said as she skillfully steered the van.

"I know, but I haven't seen them in two years."

Lacey parked the van and let me out at the airport.

"Good luck!" She yelled as she waved goodbye.

I pulled my backpack up on both shoulders and gripped my duffel bag tightly in my hand.

"Flight 349 to Los Angeles California is boarding at gate 11." The announcer's voice echoed through the terminal.

At 6 in the morning on a Sunday you'd think there would be more people here. But it looked quite deserted.

I handed the lady my ticket and got on the plane. I put my duffel in the compartment over my head then sat down in my seat.

I pulled out my iPod, put my headphones in and pressed play. The 'soothing' sounds of Iron Maiden pounded through my skull. I felt the plane taking off and I prepared for a long flight.

"Hey!" Someone yelled then a piece of crumpled paper hit the back of my head.

"What the fuck do you want!" I yelled as I turned around quickly.

Two seats behind me the one and only Zack Baker sat smiling back at me.

"Zacky!?" I yelled then threw my iPod down and ran to him. He met me halfway, his strong arms lifted me off the ground.

"I've missed you!" he said as he squeezed me.

"I cant breathe Zack." I said, he released me and stepped back to get a good look at me.

"Still hot as ever." he joked.

"Come on, you can sit next to me. They shouldn't do anything its not like there's anyone else here." I said then went back to my seat.

He handed me my iPod from his seat. I turned it off then stuffed it back in my backpack.

"How did everything go?" he asked as he put his feet up on the seat in front of him.

"Good. I'm great, they said the cancer shouldn't come back." I smiled wide.

"That's fucking great!" He said excitedly.

"Hows Brian?" I asked quietly.

"Uh..."

"Zack! Where are you?" Jess called as she walked down the aisle.

She spotted Zack then me, she let out a blood curdling scream as she pushed past Zack to hug me.

"Oh my fucking god! Ivy!" She said squeezing me the same way Zack did.

"Jessica...what's this!" I said as I marveled at her large stomach. She practically glowed.

She laughed, "That would be Mr. Baker's fault."

"Guilty." Zack said.

I laughed.

"You never answered me. How is he?" I asked, Jessica's expression fell and she stared down at her shoes.

Zacky held her hand in his, his chipping black nail polish clashed with her perfectly manicured red nails.

"Well babe, he kinda...got a girlfriend." Jessica said sadly.

"W-what?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry." Zacky said then hugged me.

"It's okay...I shouldn't have expected him to wait for me."

"He's an ass for that, Matt didn't speak to him for months for doing that."

I smiled faintly, "I miss him."

"He misses you too."

Come back to me, it's almost easy.