A Little Piece Of Heaven

Love seems like a mess when it wont let go of me.

I stumbled down the stairs, my hair was messed up but I honestly didn't care. Its not like these people haven't saw me worse, hell half of them have saw me naked.

Matt was sitting next to Jimmy on his 'bed' watching tv, Kerry was asleep in the recliner. I smiled then sat down on the bed too. I patted Matt's knee. He flashed me the best smile he could.

"Come on Matt, I think it snowed last night. Let's go play in the snow, I'll go get Brian." I slapped his knee then got up. I ran upstairs.

"Brian! Get up! Or me and Matt are gonna go play in the snow without you!" I yelled then slapped his butt. He groaned.

I pulled a pair of Brian's jeans on over my pajama pants, grabbed a hoodie and pulled a beanie over my fucked up hair. Through all this Brian had only managed to put his pants on. I smiled then grabbed one of his shirts and a hoodie out of his bag.

I pulled his shirt over his head and he put his hoodie on as we walked down the steps. Matt was standing at the door already dressed with his boots on and a cup of hot cocoa in his hand.

I put my shoes on then ran outside.

"Dude! I fucking love the snow!" I yelled as I ran through the snow kicking it at Brian. He shivered and turned his back to me.

"Ivy s-s-stop! I'm c-c-cold." Brian said, his teeth chattering.

"I'm sorry!" I said then ran to him and hugged him.

I saw Matt out of the corner of my eye, leaning against a tree, spaced out.

"Ivy I'm going back in. Its too fucking cold for me." He said then kissed me softly.

"Okay." I said. I watched him walk back into the house then went over to Matt.

"How's it goin?" I asked as I stirred the snow around with the tip of my shoe.

I hate seeing him like this. He's my best friend, has been since forever.

"Mom got in a car wreck, she's in New York with her new husband and I'm not allowed to go see her. My step-dad said she didn't want me there. Why wouldn't she want me there?" He asked, fighting back tears.

"It's okay. She's just a bitch, Matt. We both know that."

A tear fell down his face, "I just don't understand."

"Let it go, we've been dealing with shit-hole parents since we were born. It was always me and you, remember what I told you. We're batman and robin. She can kiss my ass and yours too. I promise Matt, just because she doesn't care doesn't mean that you don't have fucking every person in that house and back at home ready to kill for you. So don't let that old hag get to you." I said before hugging him.

He sniffled.

"You feel better?" I asked as I backed away from him and wiped the tears from his face with the sleeve of my hoodie.

He nodded.

"Brian's such a pussy. He couldn't even take a little cold weather." I said causing Matt to laugh.

"Let's go inside." I said then pulled him inside.

I really don't think I can hear you now. But I'm listening, I'm listening. Don't leave me alone, Don't leave me alone. I cant stand the way the world feels when I'm walking alone.