A Little Piece Of Heaven

Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep.

-Brian's point of view-

Ivy sneezed and I quickly handed her a Kleenex.

"Thanks." She said, her nose was stopped up.

"Your welcome." I said then brushed the hair away from her face. She smiled, her face looked funny though.

"Can you get me some soup and orange juice?" She asked before coughing loudly.

I nodded, "I'll go right now."

I stood up from the bed, grabbed my hoodie and keys then ran downstairs.

She's sick, how many times has she taken care of me? More than I can count.

"Matt. Did you put more gas in the Jeep while you were out?" I asked before I went outside.

He shook his head no, then went back to doing some shit online.

Oh great. Now I get to walk. But I'd walk anywhere for her.

I pulled my hood up over my head, stuffed my hands in my pockets and started walking. There's this guilt wearing away at my sanity, it may seem like I've been an asshole lately...I'm not. Its just this tone/attitude that's been attached to my ego. I love Ivy, I really do. But since she's been gone it's like I worked so hard, so, so, so, hard to let go that she was dead to me. Then she came back and all those feelings came rushing back and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Michelle was just a way for me to hide the pain, I don't know how many times I've called her Ivy or dreamed about Ivy and she made me sleep on the couch. I love Ivy, she's the only one for me and I know this. I know things will eventually go back to the way they were, or form a new normal.

I reached town, and found the grocery store. The door made a dinging noise as I slung it open. I got two cans of chicken noodle soup, alphabet soup, crackers, orange juice, cough medicine and cough drops. The cashier gave me a funny look as she rang up the total amount I owed her.

"22.38" She stated quickly.

I nodded then pulled my wallet out, I handed her twenty five dollars and told her to keep the change. I wanted to get the fuck out of there. She was staring at me like I had three heads.

Once again, something that reminds me of Ivy.

"You know you have three heads?" Ivy asked me. I laughed, she was drunker than hell.

"No I didn't know that." I said as I put her in the front seat of Kerry's truck.

"Well now you do." She said then laid her head against the window.


My cell phone rang, I quickly balanced the bags in my arms, reached into my pocket and pulled my phone out. I didn't know I brought it with me.

"Hello?" I asked as I struggled to hold the bags.

"Brian?" Michelle's worried voice rang through the phone.

Unlike Ivy when those moments occur where I should leave, I do. I hung up on her and called the cabin.

"Buenos tardes, senor." Johnny answered with a cheap Mexican accent.

I laughed, "Take Ivy the phone."

"No speake ingles!" He said, faking panic.

"Take her the damn phone you little shit!"

"Alright, alright, calm down." He said used his real voice.

I sighed.

"Where are you?" He asked, I could tell he was walking somewhere.

"I'm walking home with an arm full of groceries and medicine for Ivy. Now when you get there be quiet or I'll kick your ass." I said.

He laughed, "You're whipped."

"Shut up, I know."

"Ivy? Wake up. Brian's calling." He said sweetly. I smiled.

"Huh?" she asked.

"Here." he said.

She answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Good morning baby." I said cheerfully.

"Ugh." She replied, her nose was stopped up.

"Aw. I'm sorry, I'm almost there. I got what you wanted and a bunch of medicine." I said as I quickened my pace.

"It's okay. Can I call you back? I'm gonna go take a hot shower, you can join me when you get home." She said, I could tell she was smiling.

"I'll do that."

"I love you baby."

"I love you too." I said then waited for her to hang up, when she did, I hung up.

I saw the drive that led to the cabin up ahead. I quickly jogged to the house, there was another car parked outside. I assumed it was the car Johnny, Treva, Jessica and Zack brought. I ran in the house to see a mess of people scattered around the living room. Matt, Jimmy, Kerry and Jessica's dog were on the fold out bed watching tv, I swear that thing's never gonna be a couch again. Zack and Jessica were sleeping on the futon, Johnny was laying on the recliner, with Treva laying on him, in a not sexual way.

I went into the kitchen, put the orange juice up and set the cans of soup on the table then took the cold stuff upstairs with me. The shower was on in the bathroom, I threw the bag in our room then sneaked into the bathroom.

It was warm in here.

"Brian?" Ivy asked.

"Yeah, It's me." I said as I pulled my shirt over my head.

"Good. I thought it was gonna be Jimmy."

"Why the fuck would Jimmy be in here?!"

She laughed, "He thinks it's okay to use the bathroom while someones in the shower."

"Oh." I said as I stripped down. I pulled the shower curtain back and stepped in.

I looked at her, her face was blotchy from the hot water.

"Don't you think you should turn on some cold water?" I asked as I stood under the stream of water, soaking my hair.

"No, this heat is making me feel better." She said before kissing my chest. I smiled then wrapped my arms around her.

"Good, I don't like it when you're sick." I said then kissed her forehead.

"Me either." She said as she ran her hand up and down my chest.

I grabbed her hand and held it in mine, I examined the ring she wore on her finger.

"Do you still want to get married?" I asked before kissing her hand.

She nodded, "I'll always want to marry you. Why?"

"Good, I don't want to be with anyone else either. I was thinking about setting a date."

"Huh?" She coughed.

"I want to set a date."

"New years." She said with a big grin on her face.

"New years it is." I said then kissed her forehead.

"Oh my god I've got to go tell Kerry!" She said excitedly as she hopped out of the shower. She wrapped a towel around her and ran out of the room.

"Kerry! We're getting married on New Years!" Ivy yelled excitedly.

Kerry squealed.

"You cant marry her, she's mine!" Jimmy said protectively.

I smiled.

I see you lying next to me, with words I thought I'd never speak.
--
Isn't it about fucking time?